Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Law Enforcement & Police

If i have a warrant out for my arrest,will it expire on its own or do i have to hand myself in?
Find answers to your legal question.

If i have a warrant out for my arrest,will it expire on its own or do i have to hand myself in?

Ian UK
I would suggest that you hand yourself in. There are many Police powers that can be used for an arrest and at the end of the day, you can run but you can't hide.

You'll get caught eventually and it will look better on you if you hand yourself in.

I certainly wouldn't want to be looking over my shoulder all the time

moongoddess420
You need to turn yourself in or get an attorney. My sister moved to Florida and found out she had an old warrant that didn't just go away.

nosdda
A warrant for arrest never expires.

Sean
It will never expire. If you get stopped for a traffic violation the police will haul you off to jail.

It would be better to turn yourself in at your own convenience and probably with a lawyer in tow.

jackson
Well you know the answer to this. Years from now you could get pulled over in another state and get pulled in for it.

Even if convicted the fact that you owned up and turned yourself in will make the judge consider your sentencing. Since you have shown responsibility in turning yourself in maybe you don't need such a harsh sentence.

Some depends on the charge. Is it major? Whatever you do ask for a lawyer or better yet talk to one ahead of time. Either way get a good meal and then go face the music. It will be better that way.

skipper409
Where are you? - the legislation varies massively from country to country (or even state to state in the US)

X M
Arrest warrants or failure to appear warrants never expire. Turning yourself in is always the best action to take...unless you're an illegal alien...then...just run and never come back.

PinkGirl
Rating
be responsible for your actions and hand yourself in. will only look worse if you dont and its not going to go away unfortunately.

mad keith
it never expires

ROBERT M
Before it expires it will be renewed you can rest assured, if I was U I give myself up it will be better for you and good luck

amri
Rating
a warrant never expires.....just wait till they come and kick your door in...

confused
You are a wanted man and it wont expire!
Hand yerself in for your crime!
if you cant do the time - dont do the crime!

Ben G
A warrant never expires.

I suggest you go to court early on a weekday morning, or to a police station even earlier. Getting there too late may mean you are arrested and kept in over night if the court can't accomodate you that day.

Bonnie Lynn
Hire an attorney and voluntarily hand yourself over.

bellyman
Rating
run man run.... and keep runnng..lets see how long you can go on the run for...

dont be a chicken sh+t and hand yourself in just run be free...

Mark A
it will expire, but only after 5 years from date of issue.

why mi
my brother hasa warrant out 4 his arrest over 22 years ago never go into no trouble is it still alive in uk

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

Is there an age bracket?
When becoming a police officer is there a certain age after where you are to old to join the force?...

Where do I go to figure out how much I owe on a lost out of state speeding ticket? It is past due.?
My license (Kentucky) has been suspended for non-payment of an out of state (Indiana) speeding ticket. I know it was suspended as my employer does an annual driving record screening.

I ...

If I insulted someone on the streets and he assaulted me, could I press assault charges against him and win?

What would you do if you saw a chicken driving recklessly in a car?

What would you do if a cop beat up your 15 year old daughter?
http://www.youtube.com/w press charges?
sue?...

Gosh seriously why are pigs always eating donuts and coffee?
and they never share...
Additional Details
pshhhh i be payin there paycheck wit ma taxes! they should have sum respect ...

If you get DWI DUI with a suspension in one state are you able to drive in another?
My girlfriend got DWI in Missouri and her license was suspended. She swears up and down that she is completely legal to drive as long as she doesn'e drive in Missouri. This can't be ...

Will I go to Jail? Please Answer?
If i accidently ran over a child that jumped out in front of me for a joke, he didnt die, just mild brain ...

What do you think about this Police video?
This woman was stressed and emotional to see her father in the emergency room. The police officer pulled her over for speeding, because we all know thats the most dangerous crime in this country, ...

Are police cars allowed to skip red lights if responding to emergencies?

I need very serious help. What would you do?
A friend of mine is serving time in prison for burglary. He wrote me a letter confessing to a murder he committed six years ago. I am in shock. Should I alert the authorities? He asked me to keep ...

What is the maximum sentence?
What is the maximum sentence for bringing a small amount of cannabis from the netherlands into the UK?...

Why are American law enforcement suppressing human rights?

If you are arrested and the cop can't testify against you do they drop the charges?
My girlfriend was pulled over and arrested with 5 counts. The next night the cop was shot and killed(very tragic story) with out him to testify will they have to drop the charges. What happens in a ...

Do i have an arrest warrent in the state of texas?
i was told i have a warrent in corpus christy texas. ive never been there i need to know whats going on....

If a suspect injures or kills a police K9, is the punishment the same as harming a human police officer?

What do american police say when the arrest someone?
it should be something like this
NAME i am arresting you on suspicion of CRIME, you do not have to day anything but anything you do say may be used and given in evidence (british police) what ...

If a man is getting a disability social security check and goes to prison for murder will he still get a check

What are the odds of me getting beaten up by the Police for no reason?
I'm Black, drive a Mercedes, and am a Physician....

Police brutality and african-americans?
With the police abusing their power against african-americans more and more, how can any black person justify becoming a cop? One time is too many, and we have seen or known of this happening, and ...

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Wednesday, August 20, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links