Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Law Enforcement & Police

If my bond is revoked, do they arrest me on the spot, or is there a hearing first?
Find answers to your legal question.

If my bond is revoked, do they arrest me on the spot, or is there a hearing first?

Will there be a hearing first? My lawyer can fight the revocation right? If it's not a serious violation they could just put harsher conditions on me as part of my conditions of bond right??

ronrlogan
Rating
If your bond is revoked you will be taken into custody! If you have commited another crime while on bond, that in itself is a crime. Once the court revokes your bond the police don't come looking for you right away but the Bondsman does! They are still liable for the value of the bond until you are taken into custody. If the bondsman hears you have been arrested again they will summarily revoke your bond. In most cases they will re bond you.

tabbyjo27
Rating
they can arrest you on the spot, then you deal with your lawyer from there

mike g
they arrest you on the spot

‚ô•Spiky Sandy‚ô•
You are arrested right away if your bond if revoked. Your lawyer could fight the revocation, but you would still be arrested first, then the hearing.

fr_chuck
Rating
If you are out on bail, and your bail ( bond) is revoked at court, then the minute it is revoked, you no longer have a bond and you are put into custody.

Who is wanting to revoke your bond, the DA, the judge, the bail bondsmen

if you are using a bail bondsman, go see him, he can either be your best buddy though this or your worst nightmare

They can also increase the amount of your bond also

rockydriver22
Rating
When they see you, they arrest you. Most times the lawyer cannot fight this or will get no where

The Good Humor Man
Rating
When your bond is revoked a bench warrant is issued for your arrest.

Run Forrest, RUUUuuuuun!!!

~Katie~
They will arrest you, then there should be a hearing at some point. You attorney, and judge, and PO (if applies) will talk and decide what they want to do. They may put you in jail for so long, or place you on stricter probation, etc... It depends on the people and your crime history and what type of charge you violated your bond on.

hawg reeler
Rating
yeah, you better get out of town

Kevin R
Sorry buddy, but its like having a warrent at that time,,. it depends on the cop to see if you'd be arrested on the spot though. Some cops are nice and will say - get it taken care of - while the one that arrested my friend didnt care, he just took him away after he cought him off roading.

jenzen25
Rating
i believe that it is on the spot but i wouldn't try it to find out

Whitey
Rating
Former police officer/current attorney...

Usually, in Indiana at least, a warrant is issued for the persons arrest. When they are picked up they go to the local jail, and wait for a hearing date. At the hearing you may either plead guilty to the violation, and the Judge determines the punishment. If you plead innocent a future hearing will be set where witnesses can present evidence. If found guilty, the Judge will determine the punishment. Further, in Indiana the court will ask at your initial hearing if you wish to speak to an attorney.

If you are arrested without a warrant the same procedure is usually followed. In Indiana probation officers do have arrest powers.

I have seen Judges extend or place more severe restrictions on violators. Hope this helps...

Gunny
Rating
only time they will revoke a bond is. you are arrested while on bond and they will no-bond you. you fta on a bond or court date
( failure to appear ). if your asking about a speeding ticket or something not serious like that. then i wouldn't worry about it. but if its revoked your taken in to custody right then.

g-dogg
Rating
you are in some deep water young lady. if your bail is revoked, it mean you are going into custody. the judge will either hold you no bail/no release, set a larger amount, or release you to a more restrive form of pretrial release. aka the ankle bracelet/home confinement.

back2skewl
no once your bond is revoked, you can be arrested on the spot, but only once the warrant has been issued, I suggest you turn yourself in and save the embarrasment of being arrested in public, yes the condition go back to what the original charge was and could be raised, that all depends on how you present yourself once ur are arraigned infront of the judge for a new bond

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

At what point is someone considered a legal tenant of an apartment?
I gave my 30 day notice at my apartment on October 30th. I have two people that won't leave my apartment. They have been there since October 1st. I moved out October 15th. They said that since ...

What sentence do u get for a 1st offence, gleading guilty to a section 20?
with great character references. not being a dangerous person and definately no chance of offending again.
Additional Details
unfortunatly 5 attackers targeted my home. the attacked me ...

Do you need a college degree to become a police officer?
How do you become one?
Additional Details
What kind of Questions do they ask you when you take the polygraph exam?...

How would you handle this situation?
How will you handle this situation?

It's late at night, exactly11:30 pm, in a parking lot outside a liquor store (Which is closed.) where no other stores are close by, 3 big black ...

Officers, what's the wackiest excuse you've ever heard from a speeder you've stopped?

Yahoo police?
Seems like some of the yahoo participants think theyre some kind of yahoo rule enforcers. "Is there a question"? If you dont see a question than its probably not,its probably a statement. &...

If I go egging and I get caught later, what are the reprecussions?

Also, is it physically possible for a person to blow a 0.71 on a breathalyzer test?

In general, do you trust the police? Do you think corruption, brutality & misconduct is too widespread & .....
In general, do you trust the police? Do you think corruption, brutality & misconduct is too widespread & overlooked? Please give your personal opinion.

Additional D...

I'm a security guard and I maced and arrested a person with down syndrom, am I wrong ?
He broke the rules of lottering, I take my job serious and after 9/11 I'm not taking any chances. Not on my watch....

I hate black people! Can anyone convince me otherwise ?
I am black and can't stand ghetto black people they bring my race down and create many negative stereotypes. Whenever they don't get their way they use the excuse ''its because I ...

Should UK Life Prison sentences mean life, or should the guilty be allowed parole/release?
I believe life should mean exactly that life, no parole, no release for good behaviour, just life....

I have had a harassment warning?
I have been accused of harassing a former partner and his family by texts and calls. He sent the police around and although I denied it as it wasn't from my mobile number I was still given an ...

Will I fail security clearance, 15 years old, someone with some sort of expertise please help!?
A couple of years ago I was given a ticking off by a police officers who had a 999 call to my friends house [where I was] as we were putting blocks of wood in the road [stupid I know] the guys ...

What are your stand on the Death Penalty?
WHat are your thoughts on capitasl punishment. Please give supporting reasons.

For a debate in school we are against....

What happens when you kill someone by accident?
In this book a guy kills an old man by accident thinking it was an animal he was hunting for. What would happen in real life if this happened, and the police found out... and there was no one to ...

Do you think that police should carry tasers instead of traditional firearms?Explain your answer...?
I am doing a debate whether cops should carry firearms. Your answers will be appreciated....

Whats the best self defense tactic if I ever get attacked (I'm a girl)?
I was watching Americas Most Wanted, and I want to make sure I know what to do if I were to ever get in a situation where I needed to use self defense...what should I look for or try to do?...

What do you think about convicted criminals who are given the death penalty?

So i got a ticket.... Do i have a case?
Last night i parked in front of my house on the street facing the sun.. so i don't have to scrape the ice of my windows. I live on a dead end 2nd from the end of the road... and i wake up to a ...

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Sunday, November 23, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links