Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Law Enforcement & Police

If there is an arrest warrant issued for me and I apply to a job and they run a background check what happens?
Find answers to your legal question.

If there is an arrest warrant issued for me and I apply to a job and they run a background check what happens?

I think I may have one out for me (I am in the process of taking care of it if there IS one) but I want to apply for this job and they may run a background check. If I do have an arrest warrant out for me, will they call the cops?

Again, not sure if there is one. I just missed a court date on a misdemeanor offense because I recently became unemployed and dont have the money to go to the court house (its 100 miles away from me).

But IF there is one, and I apply for this job, am I going to have cops knocking on my door the next day if they run this background check?

Scrubbs
Rating
Well there is a way for you to know rather than guess... you can run a background check on yourself. It will cost you a bit of money (typically $20-$30) but might be worth it. I do testing and research for an online consumer review site that focuses on public record search companies. The sites we tested and currently recommend are included at http://www.CompleteReviews.net/backgroundchecks.html

Run a report and see what comes back. It should be the same as what an employer would see unless that employer is the F.B.I.

CZorn25
One of the things you want to be is honest with your employer and be up front. In some cases they may even work with you on the matter. If your warrant is for FTA/FTP (Failure To Appear/ Failure To Pay Fine) the court would be more interested in you working than you not working. So be honest with the judge turn yourself in get a court date the next day and tell the judge you have something lined up employment lines. If you don't have a history of FTA/FTP then the judge will work with you. Now on the lines of background checks I know here in Tennessee they uncover everything. Even if you were arrested they have that information. But most of the time its someone just getting on a computer and doing a court check which doesn't uncover arrests or warrants. It all matters on how in depth the background check is.

evader23
It will probly show up on backround check.

I would get it cleared up before appyling for job.

If you need to apply for a job that day(for whatever reason) level with the employer. If it is a simple miss court date the employer may not hold it against you

Still get the warrent cleared up in any case you don'e want that over you head forever

Lorenzo aka Charlie
Rating
How important is the job/ How serious is the offense. There is a very high probability that the kind of background check the employer runs will not uncover the arrest warrant. They are more likely to see prior offenses. If the employer does see the arrest warrant, unless they are a law enforcement agency, they are very unlikely to do anything more than not hire you. I would give you a 90% chance of safety but there are regional differences. Check with someone local for a second opinion if it is critical.

Joe
"A" they will not hire you..."B" If it's local you may want to beep out the blinds before answering the door or going out.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

What legal trouble am I in?
I met up with a guy to sell him some phones. When I showed him the phones, he took off with them and jump into a vehicle. So I followed them to get their license plates. I couldn't call the cops ...

If a cop doesn't have a badge?
If a cop can't produce a badge when asked do you have to obey them? Cause i know that there has been a lot of impersonators of cops on the news who kidnap people and stuff. And i thought that ...

How is life as a New Orleans Police officer?
Is it worth it, is the department corrupt, the community, or whatever can help me obtain a better picture as average life as an officer there.. I've been offered a job there, but have only heard ...

I just got a stop sign ticket in California...Please HELP?
I just got a ticket for stop sign.
I have a permit and I was practicing driving with my friend. (she is 18 and has a licenses.) it is not my car
i will get a mail within 3 weeks.
the ...

K-9 Police Questions...?
Some K-9 Police questions:

1. Why do Police Officers go into the K-9 unit?
2. Is it difficult to get into?
3. Is the police dog a cop?
4. What happens to a police dog when ...

2 counts assult on an officer?
my sister just got arrested my family and I are very worried and would love any info you are willing to give, Please no rude remarks we have to deal with her and her mistakes im not asking for your OP...

Do State Troopers really wear those reflective sunglasses...?
... and how does their role different from the role of Sheriff or Police Officer?
Additional Details
Gumshoe - nope, I think they're awesome!...

My dad received parole on feb 3rd 09 they say hes suppposed 2 be out?
already but its been two months n hes still not out???..wen do u think he will get out??????sumone plz help.....

Do cops like shooting people?

How much does a Probation Officer make in Aurora Colorado?

What's going to happen to my friend?
hes 16 and he punched a teacher during school. In the U.S., specifically California
Additional Details
he didn't leave any marks on the teacher but he did swing ...

Can i be a police officer in NY with a dwi?

What was the name of the Supreme Court case that ruled against using the death penalty on the mentally ill?
I know the case took place in June of 2002, but I can't find the name of the case in any of the handouts my teacher gave me (and he gives us a TON of handouts, lol.). This is for a paper that...

What do you feel should happen to Richard Poplawski, the man who killed 3 Pittsburgh Police Officers?
Should he get life with no parole or the death sentence?
Additional Details
Truthfully, there is no right answer to this. I just wanted to hear what people thoughts were concerning this....

Can a county peace officer make an arrest outside of the property where he Works even outside the county he?
was sworn in ...

If i am witness in criminal case, can i live the country?

Additional Details
Case is domestic violence .I want to take children with me.Is that will be a problem? I am not citizen, children are....

Do you think it's fair that cop's use unmake car's?
any more cop's are using unmake car's no light on top plus a regular plate no marking as if it a cop car do you feel that this is ...

POLICE OFFICERS: When dispatch tells you to drive somewhere, how do you know where it is?
Do you have a navigation system or what?...

Gun Charges in PA, how long will jail time be?
My boyfriend had gotten arrested at the time with an unregistered firearm and is now being held on PV until the trial for his new charges. He didn't aim the gun at anyone, just fired shots into ...

Postpartum murder charges?
Doing a research presentation in my Forensic Psychology class on postpartum depression and how it relates to Criminal Justice. In this group presentation, my job is to explain what kind of charges ...

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Wednesday, October 22, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links