Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Law Enforcement & Police

If you have a warrent in another state but you moved to cali can the cops still get you?
Find answers to your legal question.

If you have a warrent in another state but you moved to cali can the cops still get you?

friend had court for domestic violence yesterday juge gave him 5 days in jail but because he had weed in his body if they tasted him he would have gotten 1 whole yr...so he didnt go to jail he skipped town to cali...

michelob86
Rating
Yes, and since he's a fugitive, when he's caught, he'll have a felony and be in jail over a year. Brilliant move on his part.

Kasey C
Then he's a fugitive, and will be subject to immediate arrest if stopped by police.

Rich
yes! you get stopped in CA for anything the will run your ID to see you Warrants....

jaibai24
Rating
He should really turn himself in and get it over with..it will only get worse if he does not..

MissMellee
Someone tasted him? He is dumb, I don't think they'll go to cali looking for him, but if you, errr he, has any run in's with the police, or needs them to make a report they'll check his info if they see his warrant he is gone! He shoulda just flushed the weed in the courthouse toilet and served his time... Now he is in some deep sh**

B__O__M__B__S__H__E__L__L
Rating
I agree thats a fugitive and any time he is stopped or ran through the system this will show up

STEVEN F
Rating
US Constitution:
Article 4:
Section 2:
Second Paragraph:
A Person charged in any State with Treason, Felony, or other Crime, who shall flee form Justice, and be found in another State, shall on Demand of the executive Authority of the State from which he fled, be delivered up, to be removed to the State having Jurisdiction of the Crime.

If the state that issued the warrant whats you back, the state you are in has no choice. They are REQUIRED to turn you over.

stars11229
he should turn himself in before this gets worse

dlidstrom
If stopped by police in California, unless they only do a local background check, would more than likely find his warrant, and arrest him.

What happens next would be up to the prosecutor (district/state's attorney) where the warrant was issued. They would have to want to extradite the prisoner from California back to wherever the crime occurred. I could see this happening if it were only a short distance, like maybe it happened in Vegas and he fled to L.A., but if it's only for a misdemeanor 5-day jail term, I doubt they would extradite across the country.

So, yes, they could. But, unless it's local, they probably wouldn't. But, the bad news is that he would go through this same ordeal any time he was stopped, because the warrant isn't going to go away.

Zach L
Rating
Yeah thats a fugitive

Heather S
Rating
DUH> They can get you in any state

chellasam609
yup because once the cops run his name it will come up that he has a warrent. and theyll lock him up in cali then transfer him back to where he has the warrent and give him additional charges for skipping town and will probobly be held with no bail because the judge would consider him a flight risk.

pattya22
yeah they'll still get him and bring him back to the state he was in

lisa m
Rating
Can they-yes,will they-nope not unless they want to drive him back to Cali...lol the Cali cops are not going out of State to pick up someone on a weed charge.

corduroy-fire-kills-7
Rating
Depends on what it is for. Yes, if he gets stopped, they can get him, but it depends on what it is for as to whether that information is shared with other states. So, if he gets stopped for a traffic violation and they call him in, it may or may not come up that a warrant is out for him. In most cases, they don't actually hunt you down - you have to do something to draw attention to yourself. I do know that child support warrants are typically not shared from one state to the other.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

Why do we have paramedics?
i have to do an assignment for college and i need the reasons for the roles resonsibilities and purpose of a ...

What type of criminals are placed in a Federal prison?
Hey Guys,

What type of criminals are placed in a federal prison and what dangers can this bring onto the community where the prison is being created?

- S...

A question about marijuana?
ok so im wondering how strong a dog scent for marijuana is..
for example if i had a bag of weed hidden in an emptied out can of deoderant spray and its completely hidden in the can (like the can ...

Speeding Ticket! This is a special one!!!!!!!!!!!!?
i was recently pull over by an cop, the cop was in front of me and we were both doing 85+ mph on a 65. he pulls to the side lets me pass and throws on his lights and pull me over. before he pulled me ...

Have you been at a protest & seen cops shoving people & using tear gas even though no violence was happening?

Additional Details
Note to How Dare you: I have submitted an abuse report to Yahoo Team based on your insults to me and other participants. After a cursory review of the content of ...

Speeding ticket..should I fight it?? and how?
About a week ago, I was driving home to san diego from oregon with a friend. We were on a freeway around 11 and a cop was pulled over and saw me speeding, and then pulled me over. He says I was going ...

Can a woman generate sympathy if she cries when a police officer pulls her over ?
I saw a woman bawling yesterday because she got pulled over....

Plastic strips used for handcuffs?
i remember my brother had some plastic strips and he said they can be used for multiple things but he had them for restraints. They didn't have keys and had to be cut away. They also had like a ...

Capitol punishment (death penalty)?
what is your guys opinion on capitol punishment? are you for it or against it? do you think it is right or wrong?...

Does anyone else out there think that child molesters should get the death penalty or are the laws tough enoug

What is the best police issued handgun to get?
I was wondering what gun to buy to carry on my hip i have seen that the police officers here are issued a .40 Caliber Sigarms Model P229. i have also heard good things about a glock please let me ...

What will happen to a 15-year old that broke the glass part of a side-view mirror on a car?
In the State of Washington; and the side-view mirror from a 2007 TAHOE LTZ?
Additional Details
yea, i got caught. I will be getting a letter from the juvie court that will tell me when ...

Will they let you be a police officer if you've smoked pot?
I was just wondering... what the policy is on joining the police force and smoking pot....

Why are so many police officers overweight?
Shouldn't they all be physically fit so they can run after criminals? What do you think?...

Can A Cop use a radar gun while in drive?
If your going one way and the cop is coming towards you, can they use the radar gun and stop you?...

Accident at a parking lot... 6 months ago... Need answers please!?
ok, so my mom & my 11 year old brother were walking at parking lot towards a store when all of a sudden this lady was not looking & didn't stop for them to cross. My mom saw & ...

When there is something strange in the neighborhood, who you gonna call?

Cops, slang term. Where does it come from?
Pig, a derrogitory term used for a police officer, is really short for Pride, Integrety, and Guts. But how did officers come to be called 'cops'?...

How much time can a nine year old boy get?
He has committed a felony by hitting a school offical....

If I am sat in my Car with the engine Running/Handbrake NOT engaged, I'm classed as 'driving' so....
If one does this in a parking bay, I'm not technically 'parked' so can a council parking warden give me a ticket... Also, suppose I am rocking the car back and forth using the clutch/...

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Wednesday, September 3, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links