Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Law Enforcement & Police

If you hit a car but no damage should u still leave a note?
Find answers to your legal question.

If you hit a car but no damage should u still leave a note?

I was parallel parking and i very gently nudged against the car behind me, absolutely no damage and i was going about 1/2 mile an hour, i got out to see if i had any space and i saw that my car and the back car were just barely touching. i moved up and saw there was no damage only license plates had most of the contact. do i still have to leave a note?

Tampa Biz
Well, it would be nice to leave a note, it is not needed. No damage was done.

AC
Rating
I wouldn't...what is the point really? Get someone to bash the crap out of their own car to force you to pay. You know we live in a law suit crazy world...protect yourself and go on...literally, no harm done!

oioio
No way! What if someone else hits it, causing lots of damage, and then you're blamed for it? If you do leave a note, take a picture too.

antsy33
You are supposed to leave a note always. Be careful though of scam artists. The best thing to do is leave a note and take pictures of where you hit the car.

DocoMyster
Rating
I would, if I were in your position. Simply put, there would be no way to know for sure if someone witnessed the incident. Failing to leave a note or report it, could still be considered hit & run, which in all states, is considered a crime and not a simple traffic offense. The amount of damage caused is irrelevant, and the witness would not know your true intentions as you leave. He/she could assume your true intention was criminal, and not just an accident.

Lost
Rating
I wouldn't.

Sam S
no you shouldnt leave any note,but i can tell you are a very nice guy ,people like you are not many,thanks.

demos_jones
Rating
I always leave a note. It reads: "The people here think I'm leaving you my name and number to contact me about the damage. They're wrong."

Bratt
Rating
You would be a very honest and nice person to leave a note and I would appreciate it if it were my car. On the other hand though, I and most other people would not leave a note if no damage was done and, you are not obligated to!

Superman
Rating
If there is no damage you don't have to leave a note, save you and the guy some stress.

hbu_football
Rating
in TX unless there is $1,000 dollars worth of damage then according to DPS the accident didnt happen..but then again with todays prices of vehicles a license plate/plate holder-bumper crack could result in at least $1000....

chilebreath
Rating
Not if you're smart and there are no witnesses.

mudbug
Rating
No. Only if you cause damage.

Consider this: If you do and someone smashes into that car later you could be held liable.

√Čire
Rating
No.....run for it

mahahahahaha!

mutti
hahahaha nope
hopeffullly
there were no cammaras

dkasdhkjhf
Rating
No!!! Lol, some people are too nice. The world is gonna eat you alive...

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

I owe 1000 dollars of child support my car is worth 14000?
is this right that i will have to pay more to get my car back than i owe in child support all ...

Why are there so many fat and out of shape police officers?
For a job potentially requiring a lot of physical activity, should there be higher standards for police officers? I see so many that I doubt could even run a mile....

Do female cops join the force because they want to become macho or did daddy want a boy?
I see some female cops in the 7-11 eating donuts and you can look at them and tell they could not whip their way out of a paper bag. so whats the deal with them?
Additional Details
Jenny:...

Is it true that the police must give out a certain amount of tickets each month???

Why do people say cops should be out stopping crime than giving tickets?
This is more of a statement, I know why people say stupid things: ignorance. But I don't understand the logic. They say:

"Cops should be out catching rapists and murderers, not ...

To all the cops and retired cops; why do you continue to do your job knowing there are so many cop-haters ?
Does this article help explain why you continue to do a job that causes so many people to hate you?

http://www.americancopma...

What does this citation thing mean?
my boyfriend was meant to be appearing in court as a witness next week, for a guy he saw driving drunk.
he got a letter about it in november and there was a reply form he was meant to return but ...

Do you think a police department can tell officers they cannot smoke cigarrets off-duty?
i c that boston poclice department has a rule and will fire you if you are caught with a nicotine in ur urine? why is that?
Additional Details
i was reading in an artical about how ...

A question for the police how come you can hit people with your truncheons?
yet when people strike back you get very cross?
you can dish it out but cant take it huh??...

Pub landlord arrested for having 'racist' newspaper clippings on his wall! Can you guess which paper?
http://www.liveleak.com/
Click on the 'more' to see the whole story.
Additional Details
The question... for those who can't see it is... W...

Should first time DUI convicts get jail time?
Just want to see what some consensus says about this. Should a person convicted of first time DUI get shackled and sent to jail? I'm not whining, believe me, just wondering. When I got one I ...

What were the actual crimes charged against Hitler?
three would be preferable, and if you have a supporting link....

Why are British Police Officers called "Coppers" or "The Old Bill"?

How do lawyers work?
we're in the process of trying to hire a lawyer, and each one is charging 100 bucks an hour. they charge for all the hours they had something to do with your case (including when they thought ...

Should countries like USA, England and Australia pass a law that says terrorists can be shot on site by police

How does an innocent person get out of prison?

How long can one be held by the police without being charged?

Additional Details
I have a relative who was picked up last night. The police refuse to give my family any information. They say the investigation is ongoing. The police have told ...

Does anyone know of a good cop?
when I was younger we had a few that I really respected.
they are gone (passed away) or picking up cans on the side of the road. ( I thought they had a better retirement plan)
Now days the ...

Garage door is broken in open position. Should I leave lights on to repel thieves, or leave them?
off so as not to attract attention? I chained the mower, bikes and snowblower into one pile - but tools are loose and my security light (auto sensor) is broken- repair coming soon for garage.
A...

Why don't we bring back the guillotine?
We could modernize it so that certain components would be electrical. If a faster method of execution would be more humane, then it seems the guillotine would fit this bill perfectly....

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Tuesday, October 21, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links