Home : Legal Forum : Law Enforcement & Police

Is faking your death illegal???
Find answers to your legal question.

Is faking your death illegal???

is it? if so, whats the penalty?

Pancakes
Rating
It sure is.
6 years for the Brit who did it in 2002.

Dave87gn
yes, its fraud.
penalty should be depend on how many people you defraud with the fake death- and their damages

wb_2210
Rating
i would imagine its illegal cuz u get outta payin taxes

..*♥→ ωhOs tHat giяl؟ ←♥*..
yes its illegal.. its been on the news here in UK about some man who faked his own death.. him an his wife have just been sent to jail

lillian
Yes. Can do jail time, depends past offenses, and why you wanted to do it.

KingJames
yea definetly because people would be paid to investigate ur fake death

Tsunami
its against the law and i would thin they would throw the key away. you surely would get heavily fined. and ridculsed on the tv.

pectopahrestaurant
it is as soon as you assume another person's identity with another social security number. Why in the world would you do that? It ties up needed services. How in the world are you going to find the "body" that looks like you with the same dental records? Come on let's be real...your loved ones will be needlessly mourning...what happens when your friends see you and they say "I thought you were...you know" you also have to travel far far away.

Vindicaire
I would say it is a type of fraud, due to evasion of taxes and insurance claims. That would be a felony, due to the cost.

GWB
YES!

JB
Rating
No, the faking of your death is not illegal. What is illegal is collecting upon that faked death. Such as life insurance. Also, what is illegal is identity theft, taking someone else's identity as your own. If you fake your own death, then who will you be?

A.m
Rating
no no no ok your want to fake your death just to have atention.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

My friend just got arrested for stealing $200 worth of merchandise from the Dollar General?
Will he be allowed to pass go and collect another $200 before they put him in jail?...

Okay lets say someone broke into you house and you managed to get to a phone to call the police...?
lets also say the burglar has a weapon how fast will the police be able to get to your house before you get hurt? Or will it take the police long to get to your house and find you dead?...

A 67yr old was cautioned by police for using a step ladder to mount a cow.?
why was he not placed udder arrest? should the step ladder have been remooved from his care? should the police have milked him for more information?
Additional Details
for yer man who ...

Bartender asked for ID when not ordering drinks?
My friend and I went into Chevy's restaurant and sat at the bar without ordering any drinks. We specified to the bartender that we are just ordering appetizers, not drinks. He still asked for an ...

Police search legality in u.s.?
Say a cop pulls me over. (16 year old white male) And he says he smells marijuana from the car. ( when no marijuana has been smoked) Is this a probable cause to search my car? Can I say no to this ...

Would it be possible to outrun a cop?
If i had a formula one car and i could whip around corners at 5g's and i could do 180 and more, do you think i could?...

Should common citizens be allowed to own or buy guns?
Could you please tell me your views and your reasons on whether common citizens should be allowed to own or buy guns?...

How many republicans in us?

Did you know in the united states?
you are a thousand times more likley to be killed by a cop than a terroist. why do we not have a war against corrupt police goverment is after all the other bad guys?...

My son was beat up by a boy. Injured badly, required surgery. Would a personal injury lawyer help in this case
We are wondering if we should find a personal injury attorney. My son has just returned to school and the boy is already harassing him the school does nothing. Should we get a restraining order?...

If it would save money would you mind if 911calls were routed to a dispatcher in India?

My neighbor plays music late at night and it keeps me up, what can I do?
I live in an apartment where the walls are pretty thin. I had a neighbor before with a screaming baby and I could barely hear anything. My roomate is partially deaf and plays his tv in his room ...

I don,t like the police at all , i know someone who is a policeman?
hes nice but i have neighbours who have done awful things to me and the police believer what they say and it makes me sick, they lie through their teeth, i know its not the police fault but they take ...

When I go to visit him in jail, never once have I cried, but he always does, why is this?
I cry at home, plenty, but never in front of him....

I have evidence that the CIA whacked Princess Diana but who can I trust to give it to bloody yanks!!?

Can you go to jail if you cash a fraud check if you didnt know it was fraud when you cashed it ?

Additional Details
the check was for 2,000 ...

Am i going to get in trouble?
i was in the kitchen when i heard my boss getting beat up so i went out front and knocked the dude out. i left before the cops showed up....

am i going to get in trouble?...

What do you think about the Gill woman who was tazered 7 times by Warren, Ohio police officer? The video tape
has been all over the news and it shows this cop tazering the woman even though she can't stand up and wasn't fighting or creating big problems until after she'd been tazers several ...

When will the American genocide begin?
If you carefully study the lyrics of many current songs, you can rather easily connect the dots to see GENOCIDE is being well planted into the psyche of Urban youth. All that will be needed is a ...

How many DUI/DWI's do you have to get before they will leave you alone? Its such a hassle from the man!?
I already have 4 and just want to know if I get 5 of a kind if they will just call that a good hand and leave me alone....

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Friday, December 19, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links