Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Law Enforcement & Police

Is it likely my probation officer will drug test me on my first visit with him post-sentencing?
Find answers to your legal question.

Is it likely my probation officer will drug test me on my first visit with him post-sentencing?

I was charged with a DUI with consent (not on my record). I have 6 months probation, 10:00 curfew and random drug screens. Do you think my PO will drug test me on my first visit with him 4 days after sentencing?

Bad M
Yep - in my state they test at EVERY meeting for a drug or DUI offense. So don't be a dummy - stay off the sauce.

uknowme
Rating
why you're still doing drugs. well here's a thought STOP DOING DRUGS

Suzuki_Mouse
If you're that worried abou it... here's a novel idea:

Stay clean!!

I believe they can call you in for a random drug test at any time while you're on probation. So while they may not do it on your first visit... who's to say they're not going to call you 2 days later to come in for a test.

rkallaca
Rating
Yes. Always assume you're going to be tested.

Blue Steel & Lace
Count on it.

brewbum80
Rating
It depends. What is your criminal history like? Was your DUI for alcohol, or drugs? Are you and adult or minor? Most of the time it is up to your PO. If you stumble into his office and say "Pass the Ritz maaaaaaaaaaaan!" You will get piss tested. Sounds like a great oppurtunity in your life to quit using alcohol and drugs.

David B
Rating
surely wouldnt bet otherwise.

mary texas
Rating
Since you haven't learned yet go ahead and use. It will save everyone time and energy to put you back now. The drug screens are there for people like me that don't like drunks driving. I will be clear I am an alcoholic and I figured out not drinking was more appealing than going to jail,killing innocent people or even myself. I hope you get it before you kill and innocent family

Ceci
Yes he will. Otherwise, he wouldn't be doing his job.

only p
Rating
Dude, GET YOUR ACT TOGETHER! What are you doing drugs for. Your DUI should have been a rude awakening.

Jim P
It depends. Are you running for public office? If so, a drug screen is doubtful...

Gnome
Why would you think otherwise?
I would assume he will.
If you are still doing drugs, then it is pretty obvious you are going to get busted again and if you aren't, then you better stay straight.
The alternative ain't pretty.

Maverick
your going to Fail !

ha ha ha

jwurm99
Rating
Wow thats pretty harsh punishment for a D.U.I. I was pissed because I was on probation for 3 months and I only got drug tested the last time I saw him.

T.T.
As a probation officer, I can tell you that if your officer is a good officer, you will be tested at the first appt. Random drug screens in my office consist of 1. Officer randomnly calling clients in to test. 2. Officers setting cliet up on the color program where you call in daily to see if your color comes up. Dude...stay clean.

Anne M
Rating
Yes he is going to do multiple drug testing.

firewomen
Have you give him a reason to?

sideways
Expect it at all times. He may come to your home, work or where ever he feels like. He can seek you out and make you test at any and all times.
Most likely he won't have the time due to the amount of people he is working with but you never know.
Yes, to your answer.

stephen p
Rating
You can bet your probation on it! You will be tested then, and any other time that the situation warrants it. My advice is to STAY CLEAN and successfully complete your probation period. You won't like the alternative!!!!

I don't get it
Actually no, I don't think he will but he definately will your second month so stop now. Drugs 28 days and alcohol takes 30 days to leave your system.While he can't violate you if you did them before being placed on probation he could if it's next month. Don't mess this up for 6 months, that's easy.

Damn.....
Yea you should expect a test bro but with such a short time after sentencing you can easily fail a test because of prior use before court. I just told my PO i used when i was in jail and signed a waiver saying i admitted to using it but no punishment or violation was issued because i admitted to it and told her I was in the process of getting clean.

scared shitless
my first probation officer visit is monday, today is thursday and i have took some hydrocodone and zanaflex. if i dont take anymore will my system be clear? im scared and never been in this kind of trouble before and dont know what to expect on my first visit with PO. will someone please give me some input????

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

Would not allowing a dwarf to be a police officer be discrimination?
I think so, but my friends disagree. Who do you think is correct and why?...

Wat do i do if sum1 breaks into my house and i hav a knife and im not shur whether or not he is armed?

Additional Details
ok i no 2 call the cops, but im scared tht if he cs me duin this, he will jus shoot/stab me and thn run away
im pretty shur i cud take most robbers in a fite, ...

Opinions of the British Police?
Of all the people who have a bad view of the police, is this because of your own experiences, third hand information from friends or just ignorance?
Additional Details
Would appreciate ...

I was wondering if being nude on your own property and people can see. Can you be arrested is it illegal. brb?
If I were to go naked on my front porch or in my yard can I be arrested for being naked on my own property. Even if police, adults or children whom ever where to see me. Is it illegal. T...

What colour is a Polar bear?

What Punishment do u think this guy deserves?...?
Man urinated on dying woman

By ONLINE REPORTER
September 19, 2007

A MAN who urinated on a stricken disabled woman as she lay dying in a street is facing jail after ...

If my roomate is on probation and authorities come to search our place, can they search my room?

What do you call a person who escaped from jail?
what do you call this?? prisoners escaping from jail or prisoners who already escaped from jail what are they called?...

Wearing seat belts?
I understand that there are some exemptions, such as lorry drivers etc. Do the police have this exemption? Have seen numerous that don't wear them.
Also seen them on the radio, yet we can�...

Is my friend going to prison?
My friend has 6 charges against him, for animal cruelty, resisting arrest, possession of a fire arm, obstruction of property and they found a sawed off shotgun on him and 2 other charges I dont know ...

What's the best thing to say to a cop?
What's the best thing to say to a cop to get out of a speeding ticket?...

How do the "don't walk on the grass signs get to the middle of the lawn?

Can a Virginia cop pull me over for having limo tint if my license plates are from Nevada?

My probation officer ask me to go to AA alcohol anonymous the Court didn't order me to go do i have to?

Additional Details
I live in ...

Describe your reaction to the following statement?
You were brutally assualted and vanjacked. While the Dr. is stiching up your head a Detective comes in to take a report. His first words to you are "You better tell us the truth about what ...

Why do local law enforcement care more about catching speeders than murderers?
It has come to my attention a lot of studies out there that prove people who drive fast are safer drivers than those who drive the exact speed limit and slam on their brakes if they see a leaf pass ...

Are the police allowed to use violence because you don't stop on your push bike when they flash their lights?
A police vehicle pulled over next to me and flashed its lights, I continued cycling because I had MJ in my pocket!

Next thing I was ripped off the bike, face slammed into a car, thrown on ...

I'm being harrassed by an anonymous attacker?
I have received telephone calls and a letter at my place of work by an anonymous caller who makes some very serious allegations and demands that my employer sacks me because of these allegations. T...

What happens if you don't pay your parking tickets??
This is a huge fight between me and my finace. He acts likes it's no big deal and I just got $900 worth of parking tickets in the mail and that's not all of them. He just keeps ignoring ...

The US shooter: I'm not saying he was a Christian terrorist. But what about if he was a Muslim?
On his damning vedio he said Jesus Chris died to defend the powerless and he wanted to died the same way.
What you think if he was from the Middle East and talking about the prophet Mohammed ...

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Friday, October 31, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links