Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Law Enforcement & Police

Is there a number to call If i expect my downstairs neighbor is doing and selling drugs?
Find answers to your legal question.

Is there a number to call If i expect my downstairs neighbor is doing and selling drugs?

this is serious, i dont like this going on in my home area, and someone in my home has asthma.....i cant call the cops, they need proof, they wont just og in, ther eis a number i was once told of that you can call and they will investigate it

alyssa
Call your local Crimestoppers. Its completely anonymous and they only want the info that u know not ur name.

2Cute2B4Got
Yep, you can call the police. However, be kinda sure. You do not want to call the police in on innocent people then the police come out and act a fool and make a stupid mistake and someone is accidently injured.

kevin_thach23
Rating
listen lady do not call the police alright for one thing its not hurting you another thing is if you do he just might come back to get you. so i advise u not to do it. "if it aint broke dont fix it"

jjolley19
Rating
Your state should have a law enforcement that specializes in narcotics. they are a different agency than your local police department.

khanoldfriend
Rating
That isn't entirely true. The cops have to follow up on all complaints. You could also call 911. If it is a call to the police, they won't fault you for making a non-emergency call. And they have to follow up because a written report will be made.

Sarge
Contact the police narcotics section and tell them you believe that they are dealing. Be specific as to what you observed.

Steven C
call the police and talk to someone in narcotics they will be able to help you out

<3
Rating
What kind of drug is it? If it is Marijuana I don't think you should do anything about it because it's not that harmful. However, if it is something dangerous than you can call the cops.

ToYou,Too!
Rating
Call your precinct's community affairs department. That doesn't mean 911, it means their full number during daytime work week. Tell them you want to remain anonymous.

beachy
Rating
snitches are not liked, move.

daztrak01
Surely the police can tell you who to ring I find that very strange that they cant get someone to investigate.

atlantismeditation@sbcglobal.net
call your local police department and ask to talk to any one in
the detective unit ,and they might want to talk to you about what is going in in your area ,

CrazyChick
Rating
I would call the non-emergency number for the police. If you call 911, they will get annoyed and either not respond or not be nice about responding, but if you call the non-emergency number and ask that the police come out and investigate, they most likely will at least get it started. They don't need you to offer proof, that's what THEY do.

Other options: if you live in apartments (you said your "downstairs neighbors"), go to your landlord or the apartment management company to make a formal complaint, in writing. Even if you can't get them to prove your neighbors are doing/dealing drugs, a lot of the tell-tale signs, like a constant stream of questionable visitors, are lease violations.

If there is an actual narcotics team in the local police department, contact them. Or try Crimestoppers.

I would definately call the landlord first, though.

Good luck.

kristina43
Rating
yes...look in your yellow pqges and find the non-emergency number. call the cops

Eldude
Errrrrr...try the Police!

Lamar -
Your local FBI office, your friendly neighborhood federal officers to the rescue. Of course no agency can do anything without proof (unless your Homeland security but I don't think they care much about your small time narcotic dealers)

Tip: contact your local biker gang and for a fee they can take care of the problem to :D

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

The Electric Chair?
What are your views on the electric chair? Good or bad?
Or lelthal ejection?...

What happens if I beat him up while he is off duty?
My neighbor pisses me off and he happens to be a cop. He emptied his trashcan in my front yard and kicked my dog!!!...

What would happen if a police car accidently rears your car?
I'm sure it has to of happened before where a cop hits another car by accident and it's the cops fault. What happens then?...

In the uk, what kind of prison sentence would a repeat offender get for 1. shoplifting 2. burglary?
3. card fraud?
im doing a dissertation and help would be ...

What is the charge for driving a stolen boat?
these guys i know were stopped and arrested, i'm not sure what the charge was but from what i know, they were towing a boat that i believe was stolen. It is probably worth about $150,000. I know ...

Alcohol is the major contributor to the rise in anti-social behaviour, should off licences be closed?
Not just off licences but also shops and supermarkets.
It's the easy obtainability of alcohol which makes it such a problem
Additional Details
I wish people would read the ...

Is it true that the bad guys can always get their hands on guns no matter what the law?
Just like the movie stars can get their hands on drugs no matter what the law is!...

Is it illegal to buy condoms, blow them up, throw them about, pop them and leave them about by accident ?
Because today we did . . .
We got 2 packs of flavoured condoms (strawberry & banana)
then blew them up & did what it said in the question
hehe .
Additional Details<...

Why wasn't Tatiana tranquilized?
Tigers are predators. Tatiana was killed for simply being a tiger. It wasn't her fault that she escaped, it was human error, is the human that should be punished for it. I do not accept the ...

Attention police officers! Please read and answer this if you are a cop, it is important?
I have a friend who told me that he was in Chicago, and he was suddenly surrounded by police officers who accused him of matching the same description of someone who had just pulled an armed robbery.<...

Why does prison time and/or the death penalty not deter crime?
prison time
death penalty
detering ...

How come I have never seen a motorcycle pulled over?
not that I want to be pulled over on my bike but I notice I've never seen a police officer pull a bike over even when there speeding. Is there a code in the books to leave motorcylist alone?...

I just got ticketed for ASHING my cigarette out window, but my ticket says i threw it out. should i argue it?
I was driving with my friend and this cop pulls me over for ashing my cigarette out the window, i did not throw it out cause i knew it was littering. this sounds ridiculous to me because by the time ...

What happens if you are caught in possesion of a class A drug?
if the drug is solely for personal use - not for supply?...

Death penalty?
in what states of the us is the death penalty allowed and what do you think about it?...

What type of life can someone expect with drug charges on the record?

If a cop comes to your door and you are having a party do you have to let him in?
is there some right against that? I was told that you didnt, and I have had the mindset where you listen to what the officer says...or bad tings happen..any clues?...

Can i put away for criminal damage?
i was arrested for shouting abuse at a car driver who nearly ran over my wife & i on a crossing and have been arrested for supposedly smacking the car and causing a 6" dent in the back panel ...

Because a person pulls the trigger does not mean that guns don't kill. Of course, guns kill. So some gun maker
coined a snappy but senseless phrase that says people do the killing, not the gun, and unintelligent people accepted a nonsensical statement. Just because a person pulls the trigger does not cancel ...

Man was chargd with manslauter cause he faled 2 have his baby ina cr seat whn it was hit shud he go 2 jail?

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Friday, April 18, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links