Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Law Enforcement & Police

My fiance is a police officer, what can I do for his birthday?
Find answers to your legal question.

My fiance is a police officer, what can I do for his birthday?

My fiance and I have been together for almost 4 years now. He recently graduated the police academy in July and is working as a cop for 2 different areas.. Any ideas what might be a good present for him? Im trying to go with stuff that he really could use for work... I was thinking a taser (he is certified) but he keeps saying that he doesn't really need one since the departments are getting tasers donated to them soon. He has all the basics that a cop would need to do his job but is there any items out there that I could splurge a little on him?
Additional Details
He has the St. Michaels badge, he hangs it in the car (that was his grad. present) plus he has about 3 sets of hand cuffs, gloves that he bought, enough flashlights to supply the whole dept. This is really tough! I like the idea about the greeting him at the door wearing his shirt though... that was something I never thought of. And the alarm clock was cute! (I can't stand his!)... the case of beer and doughnuts were a given lol. DECISIONS, DECISIONS!

LIFE ROCKS xxoxx
$14.00 from Cowboy Chuck Company - Fun gift for the police officer in your life. Personalized with name and department intitials. Tan or blue uniform available. Available as male or female. Choose from 18 mat colors - 5 frame styles. 8 x 10" or 11 x 14". size.
Get your FREE personalized cartoon by clicking "FREE Picture" button on our home page. Orders ship in ONE business day.
more similar gifts | more gifts from this store

Personalized Police Throw
$45.00 from Things Remembered - Police officers and their loved ones will snuggle with pride under this cozy 46" x 67" throw. It features a law enforcement shield, plus a blank banner - just the place to embroider a name. Available online only.
Free standard shipping on orders of $99 or more!

Sleep Squad Police Alarm Clock
$19.95 from GadgetBargains.com - This novel alarm lets the law enforce your timely awakening by shouting, "you have until the count of 3 or we're coming in! If you don't get up in 3 seconds, the lights spin and siren wails. You're under arrest for laziness!"
SPECIAL 5% discount for FindGift shoppers! Enter Coupon Code FINDBARGAIN at GadgetBargains checkout. Limited Time Only.

World's Greatest Career Frame
$14.95 from Personal Creations - Pay tribute to someone who's made a difference in his or her field with our laser-engraved natural wood frame. Includes "World's Greatest" title and any name up to 14 characters. Select from Police Officer Firefighter or EMT.
Receive Free Shipping on your next order of $65 or more. Use Promo code: SX65FS at checkout.

Personalized Police Officer Musical Poetry Gift
$39.99 from PoetryGift.com - Unique keepsake for a police officer that you can personalize with name and closing message. It features a wind-up musical movement on back that plays a high quality music box version of one of a list of songs. Free Shipping
Free shipping available. Special 10% discount by entering coupon code - poetrygift - on order form.

Toe Tag Silk Halloween Tie
$19.95 from WildTies.com - This necktie is part of the Wild Ties Horror Collection. It is made our of 100% silk and features a corpse with a toe tag.
Buy 3 ties, get 1 free!

Sterling Silver St. Michael Badge Medal - 3/4"
$30.95 from O'Byrne Religious Goods Company - Unique medal of St. Michael, Patron Saint of Police Officers, includes 20" chain. Great gift for police academy graduations, birthdays and holidays. Also available in 1 1/4".
Free Shipping on orders over $100

Policeman Chess Set
$156.75 from WestPortStyle.com - This stunning chess set depicts two teams of police officers on an elegant board crafted from dark wood. Board includes a storage area to hold the pieces. Pieces average 2 1/2" tall Board measures 15" square.
No Sales Tax. Only $6.95 Ship Fee (unlimited items!)

Personalized Plaque for Police Academy Graduate Karen Grob
$14.99 from Bears in Chairs - What a unique gift idea for that special graduate or professional to show how proud you are of them. Personalized with their name and a message chosen by you, a keepsake to be cherished for years to come!
Free handwritten personalizing. Free shipping on orders of $50 or more! Over 19 years of experience and craftsmanship.

Weekend at Bernies
LOL I love the donut idea! I am sure he is proud but I would not recommend gifts he would use at work. How about a session of paint ball or lazer tag? Have fun! It's his birthday!

spirit dummy
Rating
Handcuff him to the bedpost and then - ------

Jerduen, Q and Xi
Rating
Donuts maybe? Just kidding.

You can buy him a branded utility tool. Leatherman, Gerber or Victorinox is every man's like.

Charlie Fingers
Rating
A gold St. Christopher's medal to tape to the trauma insert of his ballistic vest.

A pair of the new ASP handcuffs that come in red, yellow, blue, and PINK

OR

When he comes home, meet him at the door wearing one of his uniform shirts, a pair of handcuffs, and a smile...

BDZot
Rating
Take him on a trip to Vegas....combination birthday/graduation present.

Kevy
First off, congrats.
If your not afraid of firearms, I would look into getting him a small one for back up use or concealed carry, but this is something you would want to consult with him about because all firearms are different. Then maybe see if you can't get it engraved with something special on it.

Or maybe something that he enjoys doing off duty.

lpdhcdh
Some ideas;
back-up weapon, better flashlight, better gloves (than useless department issue) etc
gift certificate to police supply store
membership of gym/shooting range
beer
something completely non cop related, he'll need outside interests if he is gonna make this his career-hopefully he has some other hobbies.

LAJUSTICE
A GOOD HIGH QUALITY PAIR OF BOOTS WITH GOOD SOLES! sore feet make for a bad shift.

Keith
Rating
On the night of his birthday go handcuff yourself to the bed and yell at him that you wanna play good cop bad cop.

mikeysco
Rating
Congratulations. Hang on for a wild ride.

I'm with the "doesn't-have-to-be-a-work-present" crowd, but that's your choice. If you want to get him something work-related, do not get him something like a pen. We lose them regularly and very nasty, icky people would be touching it from time to time.

A Leatherman is a really good idea. I use mine all the time and I honestly don't know how I got along without it. Very valuable piece of equipment.

Don't get him a gun. Let him do that himself. It's his life he's going to be saving with it, let him decide which one he wants to use.

Otherwise, I'm liking Charlie's idea.

A lot :)

LawGunGuy
Get him a second gun to carry as backup. My suggestions would be a Glock 26 (9mm) or 27 (40 S&W) depending on whether he carries a Glock at work. If he's allowed, get him a Glock 30 in 45acp. Or as a last case scenario, a Smith and Wesson J frame revolver with a shrouded hammer.

Other than that, if your budget is more limited, get him a better flashlight (Surefire G2 or 6P with a CREE lightbulb upgrade and a box of CR123 batteries) or a knife like a CRKT M16.

Congrats to your fiancee on graduating and for his future service to the community!

squared away
The Winchester expandable baton is nice.

Sunidaze
Rating
Most, if not all things, he needs for his job will be supplied by the department(s) including taser (that's such a touchy subject these days across the country, I'm surprised you would even have considered it in the first place). Just because your fiance is now a cop, doesn't necessarilly mean you have to have a job-themed brithday for him. Trust me...in the end it really is just a job (my boyfriend is a cop and my dad is a retired cop). Just spoil him with something he would enjoy regardless - tickets to a sporting event, concert, some item he collects, a weekend getaway, something of that nature.

Sway_27
Rating
Uh something that you ight get any other man for his birthday

worldsgreatesthero
Rating
Give him a huge donut, cops are pigs and they love donuts

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

Is my police officer id considered a government id i am a county sheriff?

Additional Details
i am traveling by boat to bimini and lost my passport. For enrty it states i can use my birth certificate and a government id. But that drivers license and votes reg. ...

Is it really illegal to drive below the speed limit?
Or is that just a myth? After all, isn't it better to drive too slow rather than too fast?...

Neighbour problems...?
I have a neighbour who was in trouble with the Police for "flashing" some 3 or 4 years ago.Should I be worried about anything else happening?...

I got a ticket for no drivers lisence. I need find out how much I will be fined! Please!?

What happens if i stand up in a court room and start talking to the judge?
P.S. THIS IS NOT A JURY TRIAL, JUST SENTANCING INFRONT OF OTHER CRIMMINALS. THE DEFENDANT IS NOT IN CUSTODY.[[and i would do it when he was stalking to a defendant i came with]]
Additional D...

What will be punishment if I'm caught lighting fireworks?
If I am lighting fireworks in my backyard tomorrow night (theoretically of course), that are legal in some parts of Orange County, CA, but not in my city, and a cop shows up, does anybody know what ...

Home Invasion help!!?
In January, an ex- girlfriend was arrested for an assault with a knife. She recently pled guilty to some sort of misdemeanor and is now on probation for it.

Last night, I was on the ...

Stupid Cops!?
Okay so today i was driving on the freeway and i looked on the side of the road and a baby deer's leg was caught barely in the little hole of the fence. So i pull on the side of the road ...

Will my fiance go to jail for driving on a suspended license?
My fiance and I are getting married in 2 weeks. He has a suspended license for driving without insurance (he didnt know it had been cancelled). He wants to get the restricted license but we don'...

Does a government have the right to use torture on terror suspects in order to stop attacks?

A firefighter was stabbed by a group of hispanics b/c of his race. Why isn't it a hate crime?
http://cms.firehouse.com Details
Just in case you didn't read the article. The first paragraph says "A Boston ...

On speed camera offences is true they must inform you within 28 days of the offence?

Consequences of violatin of probation?

Does this Government never learn anything? "More Bobbies on the Beat!" Can't they find something original?
We've heard this meaningless "sound-bite" ever since Sir Robert Peel invented the Friggin' Police Force!
Does Labour think that we're all total idiots?
Additional D...

When the police are raiding a rented property, are the police required to notify the landlord? (USA)?
In the state of Illinois or otherwise....

8 Year old Child Shoots and Kills Father and another Man .....?
http://news.yahoo.com/s/
8 years old.

How is it possible for a child who's only 8 years old to commit murder? Who taught him to shoot? ...

As a smoker how long do i have left before?
it becomes illegal in the U.K.
Additional Details
Those of you having a go at my addiction....it was encouraged when i started!...

My son was running from the oklahoma city police on a stolen motorcycle when a man driving a truck pulled out?
the officer surved to miss the truck and wrecked and later died my son didnt turn himself in until later that night he was then tried and convicted of second degree murder and the man that pulled ...

Can you become a cop after being arrested and having the charges dropped?
I bought from an undercover....

What are your rights when stopped by the police on the streets?
Lets say your under the legal age for drinknig alcohol and the police stop you and ask to look in your bag for alcohol. What are your rights? Are you able to refuse? Do they need permission or a ...

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Saturday, October 25, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links