Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Law Enforcement & Police

Not guilty? do they hold you on remand?
Find answers to your legal question.

Not guilty? do they hold you on remand?

if u go not guilty, do they have to remand you until a trial date comes forward?
Additional Details
they defo hold you on remand? they cant bail you til a date?

Bear
Remand applications are initially requested by the police. They are requested for a number of reasons, such as;

- Prevent the defendant failing to appear at court
- Prevent further offences being committed whilst on bail
- Prevent interference of witnesses
- Breach bail conditions

Remand applications are heard by the court and decided upon individually on the merits of each case. The seriosness and previous history of the defendant will be taken into account. There has to be some indication that the offender will do one of the above whilst on bail.

Just going not giulty is not sufficient.

Curfo
Rating
What's "defo hold you"? Try using English.

If you plead not guilty, then the court can either hold you on bond or release you on your own recognizance. It usually depends on the nature of the crime and your criminal history. Sometimes it's based on how you act in court.

prince_henry
it totally depends on what you are charged with
if you are seen as a threat to the public or the police believe that you are likely to commit more crime then they will keep you in custody

Ms. N
It depends on the judge, if they see you as a flight risk, a danger to the victim (if there is one) or if you really piss off the judge. Probably not wise to do the last, it won't work in your favor.

Pickle
Rating
It really does depend on the crime, the danger you pose to others, the likelihood that you will reoffend if released, any previous convictions and the nature of these, and your attitude towards the crime/situation that has occurred.

Stig Bubblecard
It depends on the offence. But in theory you could be held on remand.

Andy G {Join The Resistance}
Rating
It really depends on the charges that are brought against the suspect. There is an arraignment and the suspect pleads not guilty it is up to a judge to set a hearing or a trial. You can be held on remand if you committed a crime that was considered a public threat (murder, arson, communicating threats, etc) and a judge can set the bail amount.
In most cases, the judge will release a defendant without bail and order for the defendant to the hearing/trial at a later date. In other cases a judge can set an amount for bail that can be paid on the day of the arraignment.

It all really depends on the charges.

Fudgiie A
Rating
yup!

Dreamnine
Rating
Not necessarily- you could get bail until a trial date.

It depends on the offence. In the UK you would have to commit genocide not to get bail these days.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

Who is angry about this murder of 3 policemen?
Do you see what happens to what could have been very good cops, with probably wives and children? Do you see why so many cops are so afraid and trigger happy? This will be no excuse to be abusive, ...

Speeding ticket, cop wouldn't show the radar?
i was pulled over for the first time, and a cop gave me a speeding ticket. im from out of town and it was my first time ever being pulled over... shouldnt i have gotten a warning?

and the ...

What is involved with obtaining a Top Secret Polygraph?
I may have the opportunity of obtaining a clearance for a position and may be required to conduct a TS Polygraph. Does any Yahooers have any experience and know what is involved with having this ...

I want to be a police officer and want to make it happen as soon as possible?
Im 20 yrs old, I will turn 21 in June this year. I haven't gone to school I did finish High school and am Physically in shape. What do I have to do to start the process so I can make my family ...

Can a cop pull you over and give you a ticket if your car has a bumper sticker with a curse word on it?

Can I become a rural Sheriff's deputy even though I was raised in the city?
I have wanted to be a cop for a while, and recently I've become interested in doing law enforcement in more rural areas.

I've looked at recruiting websites and I meet the ...

Juvy qustion) if you were 12 and you....?
fake called a police officer kicked him threw soemthing at his car maybe even tried to take the car would they go to juvy?...

What should i do every one tell me i cant become a police?
iam sick of it all i ever want was to become a police in my boyfriend tells me i cant cuz i cant shoot someone what should i do help me ...

How do you pick a lawyer for a dwi in nj?
i was pulled over for dwi...first offense (.11 BAC) i have the name of a lawyer who is supposed to be the best but he's 5,500 plus fees for expert witness etc. another lawyer, who i don't ...

Why has inmate population increased, but violent crimes decreased?
I think it is because laws have become more strict and small crimes have increased, but I am having a hard time finding evidence of that....

I got a ticket for driving on my cell phone and this is the first time i ever got a ticket in 6 years..?
my court date is coming up and i dont know what i should tell the judge to make sure i dont get "guilty"...the tickets 180. dollars and i only have 50 at the moment, i was thinking if i get ...

So how do you LEO's feel about the revolution that is simmering amongst the citizens here in the U.S.?
Are you all prepared for what appears to be an inevitable general revolt (uprising)?
Additional Details
Looks like the BS is for reals now champeroid. Monitor the web and find out for ...

Law Enforcement Jobs?!?! Anyone Know?
Does anyone know what kind of jobs there are in law enforcement, other than being a cop or a dispatcher type of thing?...

Why do condemned inmates do this?
I have read in my studies,these include prison death watch logs,on a paper for college on electrocutions in the electric chair,that all the male convicts that were electrocuted had allowed their ...

A question about a law matter please answer please read despite length its important to me?
I have a conflict...
i am from the middle east and i used to be romantically involved with a woman from england...
i was interested in the relationship and she decided to end it and i got ...

Speeding 96 in a 65 (Ohio)?
From Indiana, while driving through Ohio I got a speeding tick for 31 mph over the limit. I also had my daughter with me. The ticket is only for speeding, but could they later add more charges? Will ...

Need to know about nc drug laws and their punishments?
fiance got busted with 2 charges 1.possess deliver to sell crack cocaine 2. maintain a motor vechile with intent to sell and deliver. he already has a drug charge (felony) that happened in 86
A...

Driver's License doesn't look like me?
So, I am proud to say that I lost 150 pounds in a year. I decided to get a new hair color and colored contacts. I look nothing like my driver's license or passport. I am flying next week and don&...

I got banned from Primark and Newlook, can I go back in a month and not get caught or charged with anything?
I got banned from Primark and Newlook, can I go back in a month and not get caught or charged with anything?
Will they recognize me if I let it cool down for about 2 months and then go back, I ...

MoD Police questions?
Hi.

I am thinking of applying for the MoD Police. However the only thing that doesn't really appeal to me is the possibility of working away from home. I live in Portsmouth and I know ...

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Friday, November 28, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links