Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Law Enforcement & Police

Question about neighbors smoking pot?
Find answers to your legal question.

Question about neighbors smoking pot?

I live in an apartment complex, and frequently I will smell marijuana in my apartment from someone smoking. Im getting fed up and want to call the cops but im not 100% sure which apt. its coming from. If I want to make a report what will the police do?

trooper3316
If you call, you don't need a specific apartment number. The police can figure that out when they get there.

T T
Rating
The police probably won't do crap, they're more interested in the sale of drugs than someone getting high in their apartment. I'd recommend trying to find out yourself and let them know it is bothering you and to be more respectful, if they still keep it up tell the landlord.

NobodyKnowsMe
Rating
I smoke pot. And usually i would tell you, you should just leave them be. BUT because of the fact you smell it, and you dont want to smell it, and you should not be forced to smell it. That is why cops should be informed. If it was something such as your neighbors house. Id say dont worry about it. But its in a apartment complex and the smell comes through the walls and vents ect. So if i was you i would call the cops and tell them your neighbors are disrupting your peace. And marijuana smell is coming through to your living space. If they want to smoke they can go outside or someplace so that is doesnt go through to other peoples living quarters. Tell the cops the smell is coming through and its bothering you. But first you need to politely ask them to smoke somewhere else because the smell is coming through. If they dont find another place to smoke, then cops can be called.

obituarymortimer
nothing

AT
Rating
They'll likely show up to the area around your apartment and then try to figure out for themselves which apartment contains the pot.

By calling them you are providing them with probable cause and will give them good reason to enter someone's apartment.

nancy botwin
Rating
Marijuana is not really a big deal as coke or heroin sorry to say.But you could tell the landlord and let the landlord take care it from there.My friend had this problem in her building and i guess the manager found out and a letter about smoking paraphernalia was distributed to all the tenants and it was taped to there door...So i would recommend telling the landlord.If that does not help then call the police and make a report i mean they do have K-9's to track down who is smoking in the building.

sleepingliv
The police can do nothing but form an opinion about you, and believe me, it will not be a favorable one. Do you really want to make enemies of the people you share your building with? If the cops go knocking from door to door, do you really think you'll be able to remain anonymous?

Do yourself a favor, open your windows, allow a fresh breeze into your apartment and mind your own business. Move on to the bigger dilemma's in your life. This one is petty.

Stella S
Rating
Perhaps you could call and ask to speak to someone in the drug task force. They can advise you as to how to handle the situation. I am sure they will appreciate the tip, and you won't have to go on smelling something that is an intrusion into your home.

Ashley
Rating
I don't think you should bother your neighbors...Leave them alone...i mean..unless its REALLY bothering you that bad..let them do what they do..and if you call the police and your not sure what apartment its coming from the police will probably keep a close eye on the complex until they find out who's doing it...

PJ
Rating
Just mind your own business.

TbhCraig
Just let them have fun its only them who will become retarded from drugs, become unemployed and wont be able to pay bils theyll be reossesed and youll be rid of your problem :)

milesgonewrong
you ppl are full of crap i go thru the same thing and I have kids now you tell me it petty how about i do something to annoy you.What i suggest is keep complaining we shouldnt have to put up with ppl smoking. I live an apartment full of people who smoke weed or a black n mild i dont care what it is. I dont want my kids or me smelling it.Men dont care so they would tell you to leave it alone. Oh and the cop that stopped by here one day said he smelled it but when the report got back to the landlord he denied it.THAT PISSED ME OFF

Lele
I've spoken to my neighbor and the landlord about the smoke -- and nothing is done. Then what do I do?

hockeysauce
@milesgonewrong... If you don't want your kids smelling the weed or Black N' Milds that people in your apartment complex are free to smoke... move out. Problem solved. Mind your own business or stop playing other people for something that you have control over. Move somewhere else.

Seth
I have live in a upstairs apartment and smoked pot for a couple of mothns and no problems but recently a k9 officer has moved in on the front side of the building on the bottom floor lined up with mine which mine is on the back side of the building idk if I should worry about the dog hinting toward me I close the vents and use a spoof ( dryer sheets in a roll and blow throught it) and crack a window my ? Is if he walks back to the back with the dog will the dog smell the smoke from the side walk since I'm an upstairs and btw I smoke reg not good bud so it doesn't smell as strong any advise on my situation?

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

I failed my background, Is there a chance that I can still get into law enforcement?
Failed background for Border patrol. Criminal conduct, Dishonest conduct, Negligence during employment.Criminal conduct i think is referring to a time when I went to the brig for 30 days on a plea ...

Has Octomom actually gone insane and where is she getting all this money?
Nadya Suleman, the Southern California woman who gave birth to octuplets in January, has fired a nonprofit group of nurses charged with helping care for her children, CNN affiliate KTLA has reported.<...

IS THIS PICTURE "PRICELESS"?
THIS WAS TAKEN AT A JUST FOR JESUS RALLY YEA NO LIE

http://i109.photobucket. Details
NOT A PAINTBALL GUN ITS A PEPPERBALL GUN...

Unloaded gun pic??!?!?! please help.?
hi im 16 and i live in VA and i took a pic with my daddys registered handgun and posted it on myspace i know its not agianst myspace rules but is it agianst the law??
because my fiances mom gave ...

I need assistance finding information.?
I am looking for any information on Mother-daughter cops! Preferably these women are in the United States, but if you have info elsewhere in the world, I would like to take a look at it.

I...

Will this be on my criminal recored?
hello.

I just want to know if selling alcohol to a minor by accident will be on your criminal recored?>...

Police record on enchanced check?
I did ask this question a week or so ago. but I still feel a bit nervous. so I would appreciate it if someone can give me assuring answer please. While ago I had a police encounter- on a ...

Why taser, if it can kill?
Since you can't know if the person has a pacemaker or hearing aid, why would you want to use a taser? you may as well shoot to kill.
Additional Details
gee so such a small ...

Inmate info and booking number?
It's been well more than a week that a friend of mine has lost his trial and got sentenced to 200 days. I've been trying to look up his booking number but it's still not showing up. (O...

I want to get home department or Secretariat seal of gurgaon in the police clearance certificate?
police clearance certificate is issued by gurgaon police dept, but i need home department or Secretariat seal in that for the immigration purpose,
Kindly let me know how to get that ?...

What would a judge say at a brutal murder sentence?? its for drama?
scene: an insane woman beats another woman to death because of revenge, what would a judge say at her sentence?...

Do prison guards lean self defence i have a female Friend that is going to be a guard and im very worried?
she is short and slim and she is going to be working in the Mens prison

this question is from A...

Is it legal to film a cop?

Trying this again and please read this time?
Okay i tried before about wondering why tasers are considered safe and all i got was would you rather be shot posts which has nothing to do with the question.

Anyways all i got was all ...

A friend has brought me an electric-shock self-defence device . how do i find out if this is illegal or not?
she brought it from thailand. it looks like a small torch but delivers an electric shock. another friend told me it is illegal to own such an item,even for self-defence. what do you suggest?...

Can the Police arrest you for Public Intoxication in YOUR backyard?!?
My roommate was getting drunk in our backyard. We have a three bedroom house, on three acres of land in Mansfield, Texas. We have an entirely fenced in property, and there is a wrought-iron gate ...

Police busting a party where there is underage drinking?
so I want to throw a house warming party at my place. and we are going to id people but i'm sure underage kids will somehow get in, they always do. So I just want to be on the safe side, what ...

Question if a police officer gets shot & killed while on duty & the person who did it?
gets away would that person who killed the officer be considered a Murderer or Hero ?...

Question if a Police officer pulls some one over & another driver sees what is going on is it ok to film the?
police because don't a lot of police officers have cameras they are filming with also wouldn't it be against a persons rights for a police officer to be filming some one that they pulled ...

Am I able to switch work locations as a police officer?
If I was a police officer, and I wanted to travel a lot in my life. Could I ask to be transferred to another Police Department on account of personal desires? Or do I have to work in one place and ...

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Sunday, September 21, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links