Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Law Enforcement & Police

Time when an inmate is released from prison.?
Find answers to your legal question.

Time when an inmate is released from prison.?

When an inmate is going to be released from prison is there a specific time that they give them to be released, and do they give them any kind of money? I ask this because my twins' dad is supposed to be released on the 29th or 30th and I want to be prepared.

Nightrider
Rating
Call the facility and ask for the Records Department. They will give you the actual date for his release. Have your call transferred to the Captain's Office then and ask what time and where you should report to if you are picking him up. Usually, this is done in the AM hours, but can be delayed if operational situations come up that demand immediate attention. In normal situations, pickups are waited for in the Admin Building ( the front door you walk in when visiting). Identify yourself and who you are picking up. If staff does not know you are there, they will take hubby to the bus station.

Show up at the proper time you are told, but bring a book with you just in case hubby is delayed in being released.

If he has any money on his books, it will be given to him in cash up to $100. Anything over that amount will be a check. If he has any gate pay coming to him, that will also be in the envelope.

Best of luck and I hope this is useful to you.

PitaJean
Rating
If you call they will tell you a time but that time is not the exact time he will get out. If they tell you 8 am he could get out probably after noon or later at least before 5pm. Especially if it's federal prison. They like to take their time and do whatever they want. It takes jails a minute too but not as long. If he has any $$ on his books then they'll give him a check or mail him the check plus if he worked a job while doing time that will be included in the check as well.

Oh! You can also go on bop.gov and type in his name and fed# and it should have his release date there. don't know if it'll give the time but it will the exact date.

Max Hoopla
Rating
In California it is after breakfast.

JustMeee
Rating
I think they tend to release them in the morning in the UK. I believe on the release date they will be let out of their cells, collect there belongings and then taken for processing. I guess the time spent here would depend on how many people were being released that day and knowing the prison service and their procedures could take a few hours. My guess would be before 12.

In regards to money, they will be given whatever money they arrived at the prison with, any outstanding balance in their prison account and if they have no money most prisons will give them enough money for a train ticket home.

Hope it goes well for you! =)

Thankful3
I have never worked for a Federal facility, but I assume that the facility has certain times when they release inmates. No, they will not just give them money... But, if he has any money on his books, or had any money in his property when he was arrested he should receive that when he is released. I would suggest just calling the facility (They surely have an information hot line) and finding out release times. Good luck.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

Why don't cops wait outside of bars and when people leave pull them over for DWI?
I bet 80% of people who leave bars are over the limit, cops could make millions for the government in fines and get people off the roads and reduce traffic and the demand for foreign oil....

Is it possible to change a court date for a ticket you've received?
My boyfriend received a ticket in NYC a little while ago for urinating in public. He has a court date set for the day we are supposed to be embarking on a 15-hour drive to Illinois. Is there any way ...

What do you think about nerds fighting crime?
So I read about a group of people (nerds) dressing up in costumes and calling themselves the Super Heroes Anonymous Team. They go on patrol feeding homeless and making citizen arrests if a crime is ...

What is this letter for?
i got a letter from a courtouse address....theres a collections agency in the same building as the couthouse. i got letter that says personal and confidential....i have a speeding ticket an has a ...

I committed various vehicle offenses many years ago. Should I confess to the police?
from 1996 - 1998 I committed various offenses such as making false statements on my vehicle registration and I failed to report an accident in 1998 and I am positive I made a false statement on an ...

Do Adam-12 and Barney Miller accurately portray police work ?

I need police codes please?
i need a 6 digit police code for the peters township P...

Do volunteer firefighters live at the station like regular firefighters? Are they assigned shifts?

Something wrong with my speeding citation?
I got a "speeding citation" for going 84mph on the highway in San Diego, California but my ticket doesn't say for how much BUT it DOES say there is a court date. I heard from my ...

What does lost control of the car mean?
is it usually from texting, radio, looking in the mirror, just not paying attention, wasn't sure if some EMT's out there could ...

What are the statute of dwi in north carolina?

How to properly handcuff?
my daughter has a older friend who is into police explorers...she practiced on me...but it took a long time and she put them too tight lol...can anyone explain how she should have properly ...

Why do Massachusetts state troopers wear those funny hats?

Undercover Cops.........?
Should cops be allowed to go undercover as students at schools, what about employees at work places?...

The Law And Prison Help?
If You Were To Be Charged With 5 Counts Of Robbery, About How Many Years Will The Person Spend In Prison If Found Guilty?

And What Does Remanded In Custody Mean ?x
Additional Details<...

If i give up my US ctizenship, can i reinstate it later?
i am a naturalized US citizen, i was not born in US.
if i give up US citizenship and will live outside US for several years, can i reapply for US citizenship and get it?
My parents live in ...

If America pulled out from every country they are presently?
in completely and cut off communications, as well all the Christian aid workers and health organizations just went back home, what might be some short term resulting conditions and if you like , ...

How do police officers give news about a death?
I'm writing a novel and it starts out with a police officer giving news of a 17yr old mothers death. I'd like some help with this as it is not as emoitionally strong as id like it to be. A...

What are my chances on winning a parking ticket?
I got a ticket for parking on the sidewalk in front of my house. The sidewalk is one of those that curbs and I guess my tire was on the curb a little bit. Under measurement device it says "...

Can you call the police on an evangelical?
Hypothetically speaking, if a person approaches me when I want to be undisturbed, and proceeds to inquire me about my beliefs, and I tell that person to leave me alone or else I'll call the ...

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Saturday, November 1, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links