Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Law Enforcement & Police

Trespassing, Structure or Conveyance?
Find answers to your legal question.

Trespassing, Structure or Conveyance?

Ok so I recently got charged with trespassing because I was on an open grass field in Florida that just so happened to be privately owned.. Because apparently you dont need any trespassing signs in FL..

Anyways, the charge was "Trespass property other than structure or conveyance", can anyone tell me what the difference is between that and "Trespass property of structure or conveyance"?

Also, will this count as a an infraction or a misdemeanor?
Additional Details
I dont get it, It was a grass field that was across the street from my friends neighborhood, and we've never heard of it being private before.

GA
"Trespass property other than structure or conveyance" is to an open field as it is to being on Walt Kowalski's lawn.

Trespassing can be anywhere on private property. Being in a building or conveyance may carry extra penaties... car prowling, burglary, prowling, etc.

On a lawn, or open field, it is trespassing unless there is something that makes it appear to be public... lights, and a tennis court with a parks sign, as example. Most parks close (by signage) at night, and then you can still be trespassing.

Trespassing is a crime in all jurisdictions I know of, usually a misdemeanor... unless burglary, prowling, etc. applies.

Here's a suggestion: Look at the trespassing code/law in your jurisdiction. It should be listed on the citation the cop gave you. Go online, library, etc. and look up the written version. Within the written law there will be a definition of what constitutes trespassing as well as what defenses are available to you. A general defense to trespass on vacant property is that it appeared to be public property.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

Would it be hard for a police officer to get a job at a school?
I want to be a police officer and I would love to protect the kids. Would it be hard to get a job as cop at a school?...

Laws to protect Renters?
I'm a renter of a small yet expensive apartment, that isn't worth the expense. I have a cat in my apartment, mainly because I have a rodent problem that the land lord claims he fixed. Last ...

What is meant by the term "thin blue line"?
Also, what two conditions increase the likelihood the US supreme court will support the use of deadly force?...

Would having a brother with a criminal conviction affect my chances of being hired as a police officer?

California resident received a speeding ticket in Washington.?
I received a speeding ticket last Saturday (81mph in 60mph zone). I would like to pay the ticket. This is my first speeding ticket (since starting driving in 2002), and I had a turning on red ...

What was the name of the guy who stole street signs and got beaten on vacation?
When Clinton was president there was a guy who went out of the country and thought it would be funny to steal street signs. He got caught wherever he was and had to follow the policy of being beat. W...

My bestfriend stole my debit card, what should i do??!!?
about a year ago, my bestfriend stole my debit card on a number of occasions. i didnt ever press charges on her because i thought she would pay me back. a few months later i moved and i have yet to ...

Ticket for not stopping at a stop sign?
does anyone know,how do plead guilty to not stopping at a stop sign,bu tnot have demerit points ...

Should one stay in Jail? Or Parole?
If some starts shooting towards a school, all because "I was bored and hated Mondays" and killed two people and injured 10+ children...should that woman be allowed Paroled?...

If i was terminated from the police academy, and I want to apply at another police department?
Do i have to disclose that i was fired from Metropolitan Police Department if i want to go to another police department? Can they find out that I was on another department if i was on there for less ...

What is the punishment for lying to a police officer during an investigation?
but then telling the truth during the same interview?...

So if you paid the warrant for the failure to appear, will that show up or affect anything?
I had a failure to appear for a traffic ticket.....I just paid it and I'm worried that it will effect my job search.......

Red light Camera 15 day notice to appear?
I am the registered owner of a vehicle in which someone ran a red light and I was issued a "fake ticket", not sure if you are familiar with those but they say do not contact the court and ...

What's the story on the Sunday School teacher who murdered her daughter's friend?
Do they have motive, and is it true that the girl was molested as well?...

Do police miss the good ole days when they could beat people up without fearing a video of it will get out?
The internet and small recording devices are causing more cops to actually face charges for the crimes they commit these days rather than being able to have their department heads sweep it all under ...

Are Police Academies hiring?
Where? I'd like to apply.
Additional Details
In my city the academy does the hiring, but ok. Is your deparment hiring? Where? I'd like to apply....

Do you trust the police?
Personally I don't. I know there are good cops and bad cops out there, but the bad cops have really made the rest of them look bad as far as I am concerned.
Additional Details
Quasi ...

I gave a stolen cycle rpt in Tilaknagar Police Stn Bangalore on 11 Oct,08.What do I do now?Its been 6 months.?

ACTUALLY I WANT TO MARRIED WITH A GIRL WHO IS NOT IN MY RELIGION?
Actually i want to married with a girl who is belong to hindu religion and i m a muslim. If i married with her then her family will not accept us and they will summit complaint against me in this ...

If I lend somebody my car, and they have no ins., but I do, is it legal?

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Thursday, November 27, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links