Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Law Enforcement & Police

WOULD CARRYING A NINJA STAR BE A CRIMINAL CHARGE ?
Find answers to your legal question.

WOULD CARRYING A NINJA STAR BE A CRIMINAL CHARGE ?

My step son got arrested for the cops finding a "Ninja Star" in his pocket. What would the criminal charge be? How much trouble is he in?

~Sum Guy~
Rating
It could be a misdemeanor or a felony depending on your state.

Martial arts weapons are considered "lethal weapons" just like a gun. Carrying it in his pocket may also be deemed as "carrying a concealed weapon."

He obviously is not a good Ninja cause he got caught.

Key things to remember:
If he can take the pebble from my hand it will be time to leave.
Wax on, Wax off.
Show me, "Paint the fence."
With Maguai, comes much responsibility. He is not ready.
and
Kiai!

wwhol
Rating
conceled weapon, slap on wrist

Mr Thicke
Rating
Mom, come on! You need an answer to this on Yahoo?

Obviously it is a charge if he was arrested for this. I guarantee you were told what he was charged with. Maybe if you payed more attention to to him and what he was charged with, this would not have happened.

Slim
Rating
The charge would be related to carrying a concealed weapon... and the amount of trouble he'll be in all depends on where you live and how old he is. Each state and even some towns have different laws on what punishment is necessary for a concealed weapon, and if the buy is a minor it might be slightly less harsh on him.

I would suggest calling up your local court house, police station or lawyer and ask them. If you tell them the exact situation and how old your step-son is they will be able to give you an accurate estimate on what the punishment will be.

EmmaRoo
Rating
well, get a lawyer to fight it. use the fact that it is a collectors item he wanted to show off to his friends, with no intention of hurting anyone.
Legally, he could get in trouble. But helphim. This will cost him too much time and money for somthing that wasnt a big deal. Cops will do anything to find a reason to arrest a teen. Its all about setting a example. This is reidiculous. A knife is more dangerous, unless ofcourse your son took 20 years in specialized martial arts and has a history of beating people up, it isnt a case. FIGHT IT> you will win.
any more help, e-mail me

PerspectiveBoy
Possession of a (lethal?) weapon? Idk, most likely, depending on the age and situation, he shouldn't be in THAT much trouble... it wasn't like he was carrying a gun lol

glockthreefiftyseven
Rating
He was probably charged with carrying a concealed weapon or CCDW. If it's a deadly weapon (just about any instrument that can be used for personal defense or offense), and you have it concealed (like in your pocket), and you do not have a license to do so in your state, then it is a criminal offense. Each state is different on what constitutes a deadly weapon, so give your local sheriffs office or state police post a call and ask them for specifics. Usually, it's misdemeanor charge, unless it's combined with other factors and charges related to that particular incident.

Mandy
Rating
I went to evaluation (where they basically recommend a decision to the judge) with a young boy who took a ninja star to school. I would think that if he has no previous criminal charges and had no bad intentions they will let him off easy. He could get in trouble for carrying a concealed weapon, but my bet is probation at most (unless he has been in trouble before, they might not go so easy, also may depend on age).

Jay S
thats a lethal weapon, a ninja star is meant for only one thing, attacking.

wednesday
It depends:

how old is your son?
could it have been used as a weapon?
why was he carrying it in his pocket?

(it's like having a switch blade in your pocket)

stephy
It would definatly be a concealed weapons charge. Hopefully he is young enough that he can get away with just some community service.
Ninja stars can cause some serious injury and i'm not surprised the cops arrested him.

Riddle
Rating
The charge is being a ninja. Now a samurai would be just fine, but a ninja... *shakes head* steep price, steep price.

Dylan B
to be completely sure, check the prohibited/illegal weapon laws for your state.

you can check here.

http://www.assistedknife.com/index.cfm/fa/pages.main/pageID/6

Bayonnaise
well if you're in possession of a ninja star, that means you're a ninja and cops won't be able to catch you, coz you're a ninja

Nathanial J
Rating
In australia, you have to be at least 16 to leglly own a blade, and 18 to carry one in public.
Not sure where you are, but i think those laws are pretty universal. But seeing as this is an all out weapon, he might get a heavier "punishment"
In short, yes, it is a crime.

Rob
A star is considered a deadly weapon. only folding knives with a blade less than 3" are legal to carry. Depends on where he was when arrested as far as charges. If school that's probably going to mean expulsion.

kmak
Rating
I know it's against California laws. It's a felony to have throwing stars, or nunchucks.. or gravity activated knives (and switchblades) [i think more than 2 inches or something..].. And seeing as it was in his pocket, it was a concealed weapon. Why did they search him? If it wasn't a valid search, with probable cause, the evidence gets thrown out and he won't be in trouble.

mak
now that why i'm still on yahoo answers! you'll never hear such question in real life

TonyBoy
Here in California is a deadly weapon and you can get arrested, if it's your first offense the judge would put you in probation, give you community service and not to mention probation is for 3 years

Blessings of Victory
buahaha ohh too good.

matt
was it sharp? if it was not sharp he could probably just say its a paper weight.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

Underage, I'm not drinking at a party with alcohol, still illegal?
My friends wanted me to go to a party with them this weekend. People who are say 21 and up will be drinking, people who are underage said they wouldn't drink.
I don't drink, but I'...

Time to teach the police a lesson again?
I was young in Liverpool when the uprising occuered in 1981 and also Brixton and Moss side.The way the police are harrassing people and killing them today(this time mainly whites)informati I have ...

Can cops leagally call the dogs to search your car without a warrant?
All in the title. Can the police (after they have pulled you over for speeding) call a K-9 unit to search your car without a warrant or your consent?...

You answer the phone. A stranger says she's just been raped. What do you do?
I'm asking this as I've got a police communications officer test coming up soon and i'm bound to have someone say something like that.
What calming things can you say?...

Does a SILENCER lesson the impact of the bullet?
does it slow the bullet down? or is it the same impact? thanks!...

What do i do about a guy sneaking around my house?
ok this is very weird..but.... It started saturday night,but there is a guy who is sneaking around my house(and other houses)looking in windows,but the police can't get the idiot. he seems to ...

Does an employer need your permission to run a background check on you?

Additional Details
I got a job and they did not have me sign anything. All the sudden they rescinded there offer for something that happened 5 years ago....

Why are so many young black and Latino men in prison?

Additional Details
I makes me so angry when i see a young black or latino man commiting crimes when he could probably find a cure to cancer or AIDS it bothers me how they don't ...

I need serious advice to do with drugs.?
I think my fiance is doing and/or selling meth. We have no money, yet he makes about $25 an hour. With the little bit that I bring home from my part time job, that should be well enough to pay our ...

Will you go to jail if you try to commmit suicide?

How to Tackle Knife Crime in the U.K?
What should be done about this ?
Do you carry one ?
have you used one ?...

Was he in his rights?
I was sitting at a red light in the left straight lane. There was a right lane next to me with no one in it, and it ended in maybe 50 feet after the light. The light turned green, and I went, and a ...

Perfect murder?
my mate has found out how to do the most perfect murder and to get away with it any ideas on ...

Can you be pulled over if you didn't commit a traffic violation?
I was driving home from work and my license is suspended which i shouldn't do, and a cop pulled me over.

I asked him if i committed a traffic violation and he said "No you'r ...

No comment?
Should we say "no comments" for all the questions by the Police?...

My mom stole my identity?
My mom stoloe my identity. I tried to get the companies to remove the stuff from my credit but they won't without a police report. I'm only 19 and don't want my mom to go to jail ...

What are illegal drugs?
i need this for my health class and I can't find something that says more than "drugs that are not legal"...

Why 3 cars?
i happened to see an accident. the ambulance arrived and then the police cars?
I can understand 3 police men in one fourseater car, but why 3 policemen in four, four seater cars?
I thought ...

Jail or boot camp?
Do you think it would have been better if a pervert is put in boot camp instead of a jail?...

If you get hit in the back while you are driving is it automatically the other person fault?
I pulling in to my parking space and the security guards wife of my complex hit my bumper as I was pulling into my space... I say she was not paying attention... she says I pulled in frount of her I ...

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Friday, October 24, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links