Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Law Enforcement & Police

What GCSE's do you need to become a police officer?
Find answers to your legal question.

What GCSE's do you need to become a police officer?

Additional Details
Well what do i need to be a police officer?

Jamie79
Rating
The application does states you need no formal qualifications ( UK ) if you are going to join and want to pursue the higher development scheme for senoir ranks straight away ( like inspector and above ) then you are going to need a degree to join that scheme, otherwise you will have to join as a PC and work your way up through a series of exams

Once through the paper sift, you are then invited to attend an assessment day, where you will be tested on some core competences there is a written element consisting of two senarios where you have 20 minutes to form replies, and 25 maths question which you have 12 minutes to complete ( you dont have to complete all of them! ) 4 role plays and and standard interview composing of 4 questions.

I will say this, GCSE are important and would advise you, without doubt work hard towards them, The police service is a fantastic career and I wish you all the best with your future application to join.

Apachee.
Rating
None I believe. Just get good grades in the key subjects (English, maths and science). The GCSE's you do will not affect if you can be a Police Officer. I think you just need to pass the police examinations to get in. However, for a higher up rank it may require you going to university, which means getting decent grades.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

Just got out of jail did 3 months?
every thing is so much bigger i feel free i think a jail sentencing should be some thing like a precription it realy relieved stress i feel so much better bout my self and ...

What happens if my car was vandalised and the police caught the guy doing it?
A man was scratching marks on my car and the police saw him and arrested him. They then contacted me (I was in school) and asked me questions and I got the case #. Does anything else happen? Do I get ...

Can a police officer buy their own model police car?
like if i was a police officer could i buy the new charger police model?
Additional Details
if i was an officer of the law, working at a police station could i order the dodge charger ...

Is it true that in only in California you can go to jail for doing a wheelie or stopie?
I live in California and I just started riding street bikes or crotch rockets, anyways I love street bikes but the only problem is I can't do wheelies or stoppies even if my life depended on it. ...

What is the age limit to join the LAPD?
I am in the military and will be retiring at the age of 42 in a couple of years. Currently looking for a new post military career where my military experience can be used. What is the max age a ...

My dog bit my neighbor, Can he sue?
Okay here's what happened. My two friends, both my age, came to my house to play wii fit. My dog had a bad liking to this one friend and she had just gotten this new toy and was very territorial....

HELP my letter i sent to my boyfriend was not given to him, why?
please give serious answers - but i wrote my boyfriend the other week, basically i put a joke Jamacian joke attached which was approx, 3 pages, the lingo was in jamacian lingo called patwa, my ...

What country, state, county, or province has the lowest dui (driving under the influence) rate in the world?
I would like to know what country, state, county, or province has the lowest dui rate in the world? If available, it would also be good to know why that is. Tough laws? Cultural influences?

WHAT SHOULD POLICE OFFICER DO WHEN...?
IF THERE WAS A POLICE OFFICER AND FOR SOME REASON HIS PARTNER GETS CAPTURE BY 4 GUYS AND YOU KNOW HIS LIFE IN ON THE LINE. AFTER THE OFFICER CALLS IN FOR BACK UP, WOULD IT BE A SMART IDEA IF THE OFFI...

Will i go to jail for fighting?
Out of the blue I get threats on myspace that this girl wants to fight me and she said she would "f*** me up" and etc. The girl goes to my school and she said meet her at the park to fight. ...

Why shouldn't we let people in jail commit suicide?

How long have the magistrates court got to prosercute some one for a driving offence?
is there a time limit from being accused to the trial?
Additional Details
it cannot go on for years can it?...

Can a cop pull you over for avoiding a red light turn and driving through a gas station?
I'm always in a rush to get somewhere I have two businesses and attend school. I drive through gas stations/parking lots to avoid waiting in line to turn onto a street. Is this enough reason for ...

What is the jail time for adults getting caught with marijuna while on probation?
My older bro was caught with marijuna while on probation... on his way to court. I want him to go to my graduation, so when do you think he will get out? Will he get out by May 29th
Additional D...

Police mobile fingerprint scanner question?
hi,

i heard the uk police have these mobile fingerprint scanners to check your true identity.

how does the fingerprint prove who you really are if your fingerprints never been ...

Is this an Assault or Attempt?
I met this guy first time at dinner from a mutual friend. He walked me to my car as it was late at night. I said good night. Then I turn around to put the key in my car, and he grabs me from the ...

What will happen to my license?
i got a ticket for speeding and a provisional ticket ticket for driving my frined who is 16. I'm only 16 and these are my first tickets what will happen now? i know i have to appear in front of ...

How long can a garbage dumpster be left on the street?

Trespassing, Structure or Conveyance?
Ok so I recently got charged with trespassing because I was on an open grass field in Florida that just so happened to be privately owned.. Because apparently you dont need any trespassing signs in F...

Can i get my license in the state of California if my vision acuity is 20/30?
i went to their website and it says that a 20/40 visual acuity with or without glasses is is the department's guideline.Customers applying for a Class A, B, or commercial C license must see 20/40...

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Sunday, September 14, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links