Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Law Enforcement & Police

What can i do about somebody calling and harassing me?
Find answers to your legal question.

What can i do about somebody calling and harassing me?

Yesterday i started receiving text messages from a number in a neighboring state so it could possibly be somebody that's knows me. but the wouldn't say who they were or where they lived. they made rude comments about my weight and i was becoming extremrly irritated and today they called me being even more ignorant than the night before. i've done a reverse number search and all they can tell me is that it's a cell number from kansas (which i already knew.) So what can i do now to make them stop??

Lev8mysoul
Go to the police with the text messages and file a report. This is harassment as you state, and is illegal. M daughter was getting phone calls and texts from some creep in a neighboring town. After asking him to stop several times, informing him that she would talk to the police if he didn't, she went to the police a few weeks ago, filed a complaint, and the police had a talk with the person. He stopped doing it so far, as the police informed him that if he continued, my daughter could press charges of criminal harassment. Save all the text messages so you can show the police. Since it's an out of state number, it could become a federal offense as well, bringing stiffer actions against the person. Good luck with it.

Lela A
Rating
make police reports of all documentations and block the number

Riya
Rating
block them on your phone.

tinawas911
Rating
You can file a police report on annoying and harassing phone calls. It is a crime, and they can be prosecuted. Most companies offer a call block, but if this person wants to get you, they will just text you from other numbers. I'm sorry. Maybe if you just ignore them and don't respond, like mom says they will go away!!

Love Canada
Rating
Block the number?

Debbie M
Rating
Does your cell phone/service have the ability to reject #'s? My son's cell phone has a reject list that can have #'s added so the call or the text will not come through. Or you can just ignore the call or text and consider the source. There might be a chance that you service provider might be able to help you. Give them a call.

Demonae t
Rating
I have had that done more in likely your going to have to change your number.. Because i've asked the police and everything they says it takes months to locate who it is. and thats time i did not have...

Todd S
Rating
get a new phone

Roger D
I'm surprised that the reverse cell phone lookup only gave you the state info. Did you use a free or paid site? I've had good luck with the paid ones and gotten a name and address every time.

Here's the one I've used
http://locatecellphoneowner.info

If that doesn't work, since you have their phone number, I would do some tit for tat and go sign up that phone number at some telemarketer sites so they know what its like to be harrased. Then for a short period of time forward your phone number to the DMV or something like that. 8)

rweagles211
I think u shud ask them to plz stop nicely 1 more time and tel them if they don u will call the cops and if they dont u shud and they will get ppl who can find the fone (im pretty sure that this will work)

flatfootfred
Rating
Change your number.

Stephen T
Rating
Unless you call and tell the cell company to discontinue and block all texting, you'll have to change your phone number.

trotty13
Rating
if they call u, hit star and then 6 9, that will connect u to them. or: text them back, hunt them down and kick their a**, block the number, hunt them down and kick their a** : ), etc.

Devbby;)
Rating
calllll the copsss!!

kaur
61421923294 and 61430456413 are harassing me a lot. i do not know whose number is this but i am sure both belong to the same person. please help

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

Can i view my criminal record on line free of charge?

Can I get in trouble for keeping a baseball bat in the trunk of my car?
OK, for the past few years I've kept a wooden baseball bat in my trunk, for just in case moments. I've never used it on another person, though one time I had a road rager who who followed ...

Should I file missing person report??
My fiance left this morning at 11:30 to take a friend to the airport. This should have been a 4 hour trip, but he has been gone for almost 9 hours now. He would have called me if they stopped ...

Should my friend report his Muslim neighbors? They are not doing anything troubling-are dressed tradtionally?
They do not associate with others in the neighbrohood buthave Muslim visitors. He just feel uneasy but does not know if he should tell the police....

I want to delegalize tobacco - what do i do?
i am convinced this is utter nonsense tobacco is legal when marihuana and similar substances are not.

my mission is delegalize this tobacco shite once for ever, how do i proceed?...

Should people arrested for illegal drugs be given tougher punishments?
Are we doing enough on the war on drugs?...

Has anyone received a fine in the uk for throwing a cigarette tab out of a car window?
Interesting one this, and yes smoking is a bad habit and being a motorcyclist am always well aware of making sure of checking my mirrors before I have done it. Rich people with open top mercs and bmw&...

Why didn't they put OJ Simpson in jail in 1995 for the murder of his wife?
Everyone knows he was guilty as they come, and now they just now put him in prison? Where is the justice for Nicole's family? At least now the rat is in prison.
Additional Details

Concerning the charge of 'aiding and abetting'... I get what aiding is, but what is abetting??

Have you ever left a gun lying around?
When I was a little girl, my Uncle left his gun on his bed. We were visiting. I found it and thought it was a toy pistol. I took it with me to the kitchen and held it to my sister's head and ...

Is carrying a handcuff key illegal?

Do Americans crash into school buses and kill school children regularly?
fox news reports of a suspect whos thought to be an illegal who crashed into a bus killing 3 or 4 children. i was wondering if its in the news because she is illegal or because this type of killing ...

What would happen if Murder were legal for one day?

Where do the bullets go when a 21-gun salute is shot?
Do they have to shot a designated area so they know where the bullets are going to land? If they don't then do the bullets just become stray and can fly anywhere and if so has there ever been a ...

I've lost my watch getting out of my car at the train station - what should i do??
I had my watch sat on my lap and i was wearing a skirt. It must have slipped out of the car when i got out and i didn't realise. My local police station was shut today so i left a message on ...

I am missing some boxes of Pop-Tarts what should I do?
This is a while ago but when I was flying back to college after spring break, I packed several boxes of pop-tarts to eat during the semester. I checked the bag and when I got my bag and started to ...

How can cops take excess drugs and keep them?
someone at my school was arrested with a pound of weed in her purse , the cops wrote her a ticket for under an ounce , and pocketed the rest , she could never prove this , but how does this go on in ...

If you commit a crime and you "fix" it is it still a crime?
If you did something that's pretty serious, then thought better of it or chickened out, whichever way you want to put it, and you went back to fix what you did before anyone saw it, and you ...

What if the men that committed my friend's murder are illegal immigrants?
Is the punishment for murder different when they are illegal?? Mexicans stabbed my friend 11 times and beat him to death with a baseball bat. Because they are illegal, could that make a difference ...

If a friend or family member committed a murder would u grass them up?

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Saturday, October 25, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links