Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Law Enforcement & Police

What color vehicle gets stopped by the police the most?
Find answers to your legal question.

What color vehicle gets stopped by the police the most?

Ang<3
the blury ones...................cause speed limit!

spyderblade
In the UK they used to play 'snooker' so it was red followed by black. This was also show in a survey. Not that your interested in that, just a bit of useless information. But maybe they're doing the same in America (that if your an American asking this question) because people are saying red.

smb
red

pyrom4ni4k
Rating
red, they did tests

I want Nyxie back!!!
Rating
RED I want a red lambergini!!!!
(i probably spelledit wrong!!)

Devilskillz
Rating
i think they would keep an eye on tha really tricked out cars with nice rims or red sport cars cuz they are more3 likely to over speed

Mary D
Rating
red
fire engine red....

docie555@yahoo.com
Rating
Red

Waiting
RED!!!!

olliesiv3
I heard red.

Alice S
Rating
I LOVE Babe's answer: the 'blur' passing the Police car - just want to add: "the RED blur" .....

Cinner
Rating
red

Kim K
Red. Red catches the eye more often than other colors...its one of the first colors we see as babies, and is often thought of as hot.

Funny Girl
Red

Babe
the one that was a blur passing the cop.

jlgray777
Rating
red

linz
Rating
red

David R
It's not just the color red. There are other factors leading to a car being pulled over. Think about this. suppose there were two red cars driving within 20 meters of one another and they are both exceeding the speed limit. However, one of the red cars is a 1985 cutlass and the other is a 2006 Ford Mustang. Which one do you think the police officer would pul over first. I can tell you that the fancier and flashier car would get noticed first and that is the car that the police officer would notice. The color red does get noticed by police officers, but it also has a lot to do with the type of car you drive.

aka_gian
Rating
RED, then blue, i think the least is green.

i have a red one. but i haven't been stopped. so maybe it depends if you are actually breaking the law.

The Wiz
Rating
Red.

StangGirl
I just want to state that the person that stated a red vehicle costs more to insure is totally and completely wrong. color has absolutely NO bearing on what your insurance rates are. none. at all. my insurance is so high because in my state, my vehicle is put in the same category as corvettes and high end sports cars like a porsche or lambo, even though it's not. it's just a regular 2003 Mustang GT. I could have bought the car in canary yellow and still expected to pay the same premium. It's the make and model of your vehicle that determines your premium. you could have the same car i have and pay the same rates even if your car was painted in primer... they don't really care about the color.

As far as who's more likely to get pulled over.... no color. sure, bright colors get you NOTICED more but unless they had a reason to pull you over, you wouldn't GET pulled over. nothing wrong with being noticed... our cars are an extension of who we portray ourselves to be. just don't portray yourself to be an idiot driver in a red sports car, doesn't work well for blending in.

melody a
wasn't aware of any specific color; just if it looks suspicious

Taz
Rating
Red....this is why insurance on a red car is higher than others. In some departments, officers have a competition about who can catch the most red cars.....

Spoken Majority
the one that is doing something wrong.

Dan
Rating
multi colored ones, you know ther ones that are old and patched together, they are usually the ones owned by less fortunate individuals who participate intentionaly, or not in unlawful activity, it really matters more on which one gets noticed, which is up to the cops eye (if he/she's looking)

tap158
Red sports cars

bam
Rating
My guess is RED -- but only as a disproportionate fraction of the total number of red cars on the road. However, I'd also guess that there are fewer red cars than some other colors.

I'd guess that black is probably the second-most likely color to get stopped, and since the percentage of black cars is probably higher, I'd guess that black gets the highest raw number.

Just my guesses.
(I'm sure somebody has researched figures, with citations.)

h b
Rating
i heard black and silver are the most common

deb H
The belief that certain cars are stopped more because of color is a myth. If you're driving a red corvette and going the speed limit and someone else is driving a white Chevy and speeding, he's the one who will be stopped. Use your common sense for God's sake!!!

neeg
Rating
I would guess anything tht is bright and noticably

Leprechaun of Jupiter
Rating
white,green,blue,red i have been stopped in all 4

pwhiteginger
silver and white cars get stopped the most, reason being there is more of them on the road

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

How do I get out of jail?

Can you go to prison for attempted suicide?
If so, who would be the plaintiff?...

Why are 7 bullets to the head necessary, what's wrong with 1 or 2?

Additional Details
I'm refering to the non terrorist shot in London....

Is it illegal for atwenty year old to date a seventeen year old??

Additional Details
iF IT IS IN THE STATE OF HAWAII OR CALIFORNIA...

My husband was arrested?
my husband was arrested for bank robbery he didnt do but didnt attened court afterwards and then now he has been drink driving with out & licence got caught first and let out to attened court but ...

How fast can a cop find an address with a copy of the license plate number??
instantly? few days? few months????????? @_@ IM CURIOUS!
Additional Details
and after they find it, how long will it take for them to contact or find you?...

At red traffic lights with a camera.?
If an emergency service vehicle, on blue lights, approaches a junction with traffic lights on red, whilst there are vehicle stationary and has a traffic camera, to catch members of the public going ...

I wrote about 30 bad checks i knew were gonna bounce?
because i no money in my account! how much time jail time could i ...

Could someone tell me what can a Police officer could do & can NOT do or ask you when you get pull over?
Hi I was riding my bicycle on my way to work & a police car pull me over & it was 4:30pm. I get off my bicycle & I ask the 2 police officer "Hi why I am stop"? Then 1 police ...

Can a repo man pose as a police officer?
My brother has been having trouble keeping up with his car payment and he put me down as a reference. Well last night at around 11:30PM a guy came and pretended that he was a detective and that he ...

I'm 6'5 and 336lbs, what can I be charged with if I walk up behind a cop and thump him on the head?
No witness available, his word against mines....

Do you think i should contact the police?
My 91 year old grandma re-uses stamps from envelopes which have been unmarked in the delivery process. I think this is blatant fraud and she should be punished like any other criminal (hopefully her ...

How come Police Officers have to kill suspects?
Whenever I catch the local news, they talk about how Police Officers shot the suspect and killed them. How come Police Officers can't shoot them (supects) in their legs or other places instead ...

Is it me or do police officers seem to come over all sarcastic and dim witted when you ask them a civil?

Is it legal for police to post checkpoints for drunk drivers?

In jail can you wear a ..........?
If you go to jail are you allowed to wear a bra??...

Would your buy a POLICE OFFICER lunch?
Once when my dauther and I were in a drive-thru, I looked in my rearview mirror and saw a cop car. When I got to the window, I paid for my order and also for the police officer behind me. As we ...

If arrested and held for questioning,how long can the police hold you for?
Can they extend that time? If yes,for how long?...
Additional Details
I havent done anything!
A friend of mine asked me the question as her boyfriend has been arrested,he is waiting ...

Why are the british police such to55ers.?
they're happy to wait and nick you for going 4 miles over the speed limit ,but they're nowhere to be seen when there is REAL crime
Additional Details
to those of you who ASSUME ...

Do you think its time we start arming all police officers in Britain?
Police men and women on the streets should all carry guns to defend them self in this day and age?...

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Tuesday, September 2, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links