Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Law Enforcement & Police

What department or occupation investigates police officers on the state and federal levels.?
Find answers to your legal question.

What department or occupation investigates police officers on the state and federal levels.?

I absolutely despise crooked police, and am very interested in pursuing a career in police investigations and control. What positions, agencies, and or programs and steps would i need to take to be successful.

jakflak
Rating
It usually internal affairs. Large investigations are normally handled by asking an outside agency to conduct it.

FutureLEO16
Rating
Well the Internal Affairs Unit within the agencies department are the Human Resources dept of law enforcement.

They investigate serious complaints issued by people and their validity.

It would be an interesting job, but a lot of police officers (crooked or not) will hate your guts.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

Does anyone knows where I can find a police impound in Boston?

What is the proper protocol for officers responding to a domestic dispute,this is in regards to the Pittsburgh?
There has been controversary because the mother warned the 911 operator her son had weapons and bullets - but the operator did not relay the information.

Will that person lose their job?<...

I was caught driving past 12:00 in portage mi and they suspended my license for 30 days.?
is there anything i can do o get out of it?! maybe community service or something?!?...

If you have a criminal record can you still become a doctor?
Just curious.I don't have a criminal record!!...

WHAT IS REQUIRED TO GET A EXPIRED pOLICE OFFICER LICENSE REINSTATED?

If you have a misdemeanor in grand theft. can you become a Nurse assit. my probation ends feb.2010.?
what do i have to do? will people hire me? its my first ...

VA INMATE FOOD ORDERING?
my brother is incarcerated in Dilwyn VA, and he mailed me a form to order food and snacks, and i understand that you can order it online, i misplaced the form, does anyone no the name of this company ...

What is the differance between a level 1 and a level 5 dui?
I just checked to see what my ex husband has been doing and I found that. I didn't know there were levels to a dui. I thought it was either you're drunk or you're not....

Im Going to Court Need some Advice.?
Hello, Im a 18 Year old male One day me and my other half was shopping and we was gettng Verbal abbuse from a bunch of girls around 2pm, In super drug they started on my girlfreind after giving more V...

How many people were killed by the police in Fresno,CA last year?

Additional Details
I'm just curious.In the last 3months there's been six.If you don't know then where could i find out?...

Where to get my Criminal Background Check?
Where else can I obtain my criminal background check? People keep telling me that I have to go to the police dept and get it from there. But my car just busted now I cant go anywhere right now. Is ...

My boyfriend has been sentenced. how do i get him home from jail?
it is a third degree larceny charge. sentenced for 6 months.
Additional Details
tis is something that happened in 2005. really it was a stupid thing. the crime was originally coercian. ...

Jobs in criminal justice?
I am a junior in high school and I am looking at colleges and careers. I think I want to do something with criminal justice. All the hands on detective work really interests me. What are all the good ...

What happens if you steal?
If it is your first time and you have never been in trouble before what would happen in the state of Arkansas?
Additional Details
&Under the age of 18....

Can the dmv issue a citation w/o even handing you a ticket?
I just went down to the dmv here in mass to renew and i found out that i owe a ticket totaling over a thousand dollars. for having an out of state license # in their databse? from 96? i've lived ...

Are police issued with electric batons?
batons that can fire a ...

I pretty much kknow the answers but i want to know that they are correct. help please?
A person testifying before a grand jury must be told what?

If the Statute of Limitations has expired on a crime, a suspect cannot claim the Fifth Amendment as a reason to refuse to answer ...

If you told on yourself for....?
Stealing,hitting someone (with a thing) Would the police arrest you if they found u outside with the sign Cause u hit someone or also Would they even come cause if they did u like hit them WOuld that ...

How long should former PC John Dougal get ?
Found guilty of causing death by dangerous driving and killing a 16 year old at speeds of between 70mph and 94mph without using warning devices.
What length of sentence in prison do you expect ?<...

Why won't the police do anything?
I live out in the country in a small development (50 homes)that is off of a rather busy road and cars go about 50-60 up around the curve . Four times a day the women in our development take their ...

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Sunday, April 20, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links