Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Law Enforcement & Police

What does Poss CD SCHED I II mean?
Find answers to your legal question.

What does Poss CD SCHED I II mean?

Picked up by the police. Don't understand what it means

Chris H
I am a newly retired police detective and commander with over 20 years law enforcement experience. Almost my entire career was in narcotics enforcement and command.

The acronyms you listed are for possession of a controlled drug, schedules 1 and 2.

The scheduling of drugs originates from The Comprehensive Drug Abuse Prevention and Control Act was made law in 1970. Title II of this law, the Controlled Substances Act, is the legal foundation of narcotics enforcement in the United States. The Controlled Substances Act regulates the manufacture, possession, movement, and distribution of drugs in our country. It places all drugs into one of five schedules, or classifications, and is controlled by the Department of Justice and the Department of Health and Human Services, including the Federal Drug Administration.

Schedule I Drugs
Schedule I drugs have a high tendency for abuse and have no accepted medical use. This schedule includes drugs such as marijuana, heroin, ecstasy, lsd, and ghb. Recent activists however have tried to change the schedule for marijuana citing the possible medical benefits of the drug. Pharmacies do not sell schedule I drugs, and they are not available with a prescription by physician.

Schedule II Drugs
Schedule II drugs have a high tendency for abuse, may have an accepted medical use, and can produce dependency or addiction with chronic use. This schedule includes examples such as cocaine, opium, morphine, fentanyl, amphetamines, and methamphetamines. Schedule II drugs may be available with a prescription by a physician, but not all pharmacies may carry them. These drugs require more stringent records and storage procedures than drugs in schedules III and IV. Believe it or not there are medical uses for cocaine.

Schedule 3,4 and 5 drugs are primarily prescription drugs and are scheduled accordingly to their medical usage and abuse and addiction potential.

Some drugs can actually span different scheduling such as codeine. Codeine methylbromide and codeine-n-oxide are schedule I, codeine is a schedule II narcotic and codeine with papaverine or noscapine
Codeine combination product 90 empirin, fiorinal, tylenol, asa or apap w/codeine is schedule III. Some prescription cough medicines with codeine preparations are schedule V.

Scheduling of drugs/narcotics is also used by law enforcement to classify the seriousness of the charge aka misdemeanor vs felony.

Tammy
Sched 1 is herion... pcp... cocaine... street drugs....
Sched 2 is Percoet... Morphine sulfate... ms contin... ect ect ect...

James R
Drugs are divided into categories based on their likely abuse qualities, and the groups are called "schedules". Schedule I are considered the worst overall drugs, and the schedules go from I to V (one to five). If someone was charged with possession of Schedule II drug, it would be one of the drugs in the link below, under "Schedule II".

Examples of each are:

Schedule I - Ecstasy, Heroin, LSD, Marijuana.
Schedule II - Cocaine, Morphine, PCP.
Schedule III - Hydrocodone, Coedine, Ketamine.
Schedule IV - Xanax, Librium, Valium.
Schedule V - Motofen.

Disabled D
Thank you for that clear understanding Chris H. I have never been in trouble for drugs, which doesn't make me better, but my son has and is. My question is that if he has two possession charges Schedule I, II, III, IV C/S (1st and 2nd), how can he concurrently be charged with SELL Schedule I/II C/S (1st & 2nd) if I got that right. How can you be charged with possession and I assume Sell/Sales at the same time? He has been in trouble once before, and I am worried they are throwing the book at him, but I don't understand the charges. Oh, add in unlawful storage of a vehicle on a residential street???? (He was driving my daughter's car) and no license. I have no clue what these kinds of charges bring in the way of punishment. I am disabled and can't afford an attorney. Some of you may laugh, thinking its because he is my son, but I feel he needs some jail time and then rehab, not prison, if that is being considered. Drugs are an illness. Keep in mind that I realize now he has stolen from me, left me with utilities cut off, no food, but I believe its an illness. Yes its a choice, a stupid one.....that grabs hold of your cajones and won't let go till you are BUSTED.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

Suspended license in ohio?
does anyone know what happens if your caught driving with a suspended license? only thing on record is a speeding ...

If a cop pulled me over for this reason, is it ok?
I was traveling at 50 MPH in a FIFTY FIVE zone. I come upon a 35 zone and began to slow down. There were TWO cars in front of me that were doing at least 60 in the 50 MPH zone when we came upon the 35...

Domestic Abuse Case Dismissed... STILL ON RECORD!?
I have a friend that was charged with domestic abuse he was arrested, and he went through the processing and what have you.. but when he went to court the judge just dismissed the case. That happened ...

How to obtain an injunction against someone (my neighbour) and how much does it cost?

Wisconsin Open Carry?
So now can you carry a weapon in the open? How much of the gun has to be visible? Do you need a permit? Do you need anything? Can the police arrest you?...

Has anyone ever considered this perspective about Ted Bundy?
I realize that many people assume that the reason Ted Bundy began murdering people was because he 'snapped'. Has anyone ever been courious as to whether he was treated better than his ...

Why is white collar crime looked upon as more acceptable and less of a threat than other sort of crimes?

What would the police do if....?
If someone walked up to the police station and told them they were sixteen and they have no ID, no soc. sec., no identification at all, what would they do? would they do nothing or treat you as an ...

Can you take Texas Peace Officer classes online to obtain a Basic Peace Officers Certification?

Bulletproof vest recommendations?
Can anyone recommend a bulletproof vest that won't cost me an arm and a leg. Unfortuantly, police departments in my area don't buy officers a vest unless they are full-time. Very ridiculous,...

Red light ticket. Should I fight it?
Okay here's what happened.

I was driving towards a green light going about 20 mph. As I'm driving, the light turns yellow about 10 ft away from the line. Yellow light means slow ...

How can you prevent robberies?
I been robbed more then 4 times I am a young little girl losing my favorite tech..
Additional Details
i DON'T LET MY FRIENDS IN MY HOUSE.JUST FAMILY THAT I SEE EVERY WEEK....

What are the consequences of breaking a signature bond in wisconsin?
when my ex signed his $500 signature bond, one of the conditions was to have zero contact with me. that same night, he texted me 11 times, therefore breaking his bond. obviously the da has to decide ...

How do i write someone in prison?
I want to write my cousin who is in prison.I have his Prison ID number and the prison he is in,Is that all I need? Do I need to mail the letter in a special envelope? T...

Has anyone read about this ecoterrorist?
http://washingtontimes.c...

Can a case re-open AFTER sentencing?
Hi, i had a $3000 embezzlement case on me and i was sentenced to probation and fine which im serving right now, however today i recieved a call from the attorney of the OTHER person who was involved ...

Why Is The BAC Limit For Driving .08?
Three beers in an hour and I'm .08 - I am not even slightly buzzed at that point, but I would get busted for driving drunk? Even though I'm not drunk?

Is it so low because the ...

How would American society be different if instead of jails the penalties for everything was death?
It might not sound reasonable, but I sometimes wonder what American society would be like if everything was surveillanced via video camera and everything from rape to jaywalking (let alone murder or ...

I have a suspended sentence and comunity serive to attend i missed 3 of my appointments and have been told?
i have breached it and going to court the reason for missing these appointments are due to work commitments i have proof what will happen at court ?...

When will they put you in jail?
Some people just never learn, my future brother-in-law has repeatedly had run-ins with the law. His most recent was for unauthorized use of conveyance and destruction of property to which he got 12 ...

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Friday, October 31, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links