Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Law Enforcement & Police

What happens if a minor gets caught stealing?
Find answers to your legal question.

What happens if a minor gets caught stealing?

What happens if a minor gets caught stealing if the cops werent called and the store said they would not prosecute.? Were they lying? How expensive does the item have to be to be a big "case"? Is jail-time possible?

I know what I know
Rating
Jail? Unlikely. The store has until the statute of limitations runs out to file criminal charges which is one to two years. If you require further help try this website forum that deals with shoplifting and related issues

Kayla LaBayla
No, you should be okay.

I know someone who got caught stealing $75 worth of stuff & they took the stuff and put it back on the shelf and she had to go to court with a ticket.
You cannot get jail time unless it's a felony, and it has to be like over $500 or something like that.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

Im trying to get a job as a dispatcher. do they do background checks on dispatchers?
do bigger cities do background checks for a job as a dispatcher?...

What sentence is she likely ot get?
a colleague of mine forged company cheques totaling around £25k, she has left now and we only find out after our yearly audit...we have reported it to the police, what is likely to happen to her..and ...

Can i get points taken off my liscence if i do an advanced driving test?
i have 9 points and am a little worried. if i get caught again its a ban. is there any way of getting points removed?
Additional Details
oh i do forget that everyone on here is a perfect ...

BAC level to convict underage drinking?
The cops came on private land (A field) when they seen a bonfire without the land owners permission. First off - can they do that? (It was a rural area around midnight)

Second, I was ...

How do you get arrested for credit card abuse?
what is it?...

How does Los Angeles County twin towers jail (huge dorm) compare to other jails and/or prison?
I've spent about a week in L.A. County at the Twin Towers central jail... was wondering how it compares to other jails/prisons?...

Do jail bonds and bailouts costs differ from state to state?
Who decides what costs what?...

If charged with Felonious Operation of a Vehicle in Michigan what is this usually plead down to?
going too fast for conditions hitting another car causing bodily injury, person at fault has clean driving ...

How to get out of a DUI charge?
I live in alberta canada and my boyfriend got drunk and went over a a cliff and I need to know the best way of getting the charges cleared. He has no past record. He blew 160 per 100 milliters of ...

14 y/o niece being threatened by Juniors in HS?
I have a 14 year old niece who is a freshman in highschool, who dated Bob, a 17 year old junior who is a wrestler.

There was all this unnecessary drama with them, which ended up with Bob&#...

Do i have a chance at being a police officer?
I have a bachelors in Business and I feel that i'm qualified in every way except for my driving record. I'm 24 years old and I have Sr-22 insurance (high risk) I recently got my License ...

What does a "Certified Abstracts of Driving Record" show?

How do I change the address on a citation?
Today I got a speeding ticket for going 44 in a 25 zone, does anyone have any idea how much that will be? and also the address on my drivers license is my parents home, but I gave the cop my ...

When can a cop search your car?
can they just search it they want to for any dumb reason or are there things they need to actually see or ...

What is the total number of different police departments you have worked for in your lifetime so far?
Just seeing how often people switch departments, move, etc.

Bonus question:

If I am an officer in FL, and move to MA and want to be a police officer there, would I have to go ...

Designated Driver at underage drinking party?
So recently my friends attended a party that got busted up by the cops. We're all under 21, and I (luckily) happened to NOT be at the party. If I was, however, I was going to be the designated ...

Who controls police officers' driving?
Not long ago I got pulled over for the first time ever for what the officer said was an illegal lane change because he stated I did not use a turn signal. He was 2 cars ahead of me and there was a ...

What kind of physical tasks must you complete to graduate from the police academy?

Can you wear glasses and still be in CO19?
I want to be in the CO19 armed response unit after I finish my 2 years probation in the met, but I wear glasses. Can I still be in CO19 and wear glasses?...

Can i get done for underage drinking!! every1 answer i need to know!!!?
right i got hold of some cider and i drank it im underage and this girls mum has rang police and gave a bottle to them that may have my fingerprints on but i dont se how i can get done because the ...

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Tuesday, September 16, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links