Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  
   Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Law Enforcement & Police

What happens when you loose drivers license, social securty card AND birth certificate?
Find answers to your legal question.

What happens when you loose drivers license, social securty card AND birth certificate?

Where O Where would one start?
You cant get one without the other, so, where does one start?
Call social security dept?
You cant get a state id without some other form of ID.
you cant get a replacement birth certificate without an ID
you cant get a replacement social security card without a birth certificate.
Not a hypothetical question, really, I know someone who has lost all these items and apparently you need these or at least some to get a job.
People loose thier purses all the time, so, what do they do?
Help her help herself and get a job.


DMV to get a duplicate license
Department of health to get a duplicate birth certificate
Social Security office to get a duplicate SS card

Department of health doesn't require you to show and ID to get a duplicate copy of your BC. My mother got a duplicate BC of my grandfather and for me (she lost mines when I was a kid), and she didn't show any ID to get either. many states allow you to order them online (no verification that way)

1. Call social security- as long as you know your number they can help. It should be on your employment or welfare records.
2. Go to DMV, they will finger print you run your prints and photo ID. If you know your DL Number it will help. Look on the last citation you got. Or have the records dept. of your local PD run your car license plate number that will give your DL number.
3. Write or go to the hall of records in the city and state you were born they will ask your mothers maiden name and your fathers name etc. and for $10 or $15 they will issue a new one

I would start with the police dept. to get your DL number and you should report the lose any way.

Amy S
The birth certificate is the first order of business. She should go to the County Recorder's office in the county in which she was born and get a certified duplicate of her birth certificate. She will simply have to fill out a form that says it's her. I got my last year and didn't have to show ID.

With that, she'll be able to get a duplicate license... although DMV does have licenses with pictures on their system, so she should just be able to go down there and get a duplicate.

The Social Security Administration has a website. Just click on the link to fill out an application for a duplicate SS card. Fill the form out, and send it off. The SS card will show up in the mail in about 6 weeks. As long as she knows the number, she's all set.

my friend lost all of his in a house fire. he had to show a fire report and pay the money and he got his birth certificate. with that he got his ss card. then with those he got his licence.

why the heck would you carry all of those in your purse. your not supposed to for that specific reason!

You need at least two of those items to get a job. if you get a job and don't have them, they'll give you so long to get them before your not allowed to work anymore until you have them.

no,the first thing you do is file a report with the police,then you contact ss ad get a nother card issued,then you contact the bureau of vital statistics where you were born and get a copy of your b/c,then when it all comes in the mail,you go get another d/l,unless they will give you one based on the pic on your old one.

People who were involved with hurricane Katrina had dealt with this dilemma.
Sometimes family mambers have some info that can help.
Also there are some gov. websites that they can go to that will guide them to getting their life back.

Tired Trucker
had to go through this last year. I'm a truck driver, i was sleeping in my truck's sleeper, some crackhead decided to throw a rock through my window and join me for a few seconds. he didn't bother searching for my wallet, he just grabbed my pants and took off with them through the woods. I was 500 miles from home, no longer allowed to drive because of no license, my truck was towed in and I was sent home to get my license replaced. Couldn't get on a plane, couldn't rent a car. The only option I had was a greyhound bus, that's about all you can board with no ID. After that horrific experience, the first stop was the county office building, they have your birth certificate. Gotta have this and another form of ID to get your social security card. I think I used my phone bill as the second form. Birth cert. was easy, they charged me $11 for an official copy. So next to the social security office, which where I live is in the Federal Building downtown. Problem. Can't get into the building with no ID. Now what? Back home, called them on the phone. After some run-around, a woman told me I could go to the Social Security office in the next county over, where they are located in a plain old shopping center. Got in! After waiting about an hour, they gave me an official looking paper that said my replacement card was applied for, and was told I could take this to the license bureau. This and my birth certifcate got me my license. All done. Except for waiting a few days for my bank and credit cards, but you didn't ask about that....after that, I was heading back to my truck 500 miles away...and I didn't have to take the bus!

You should have copy of all your papers and cards in a safe deposit box or personal fire safe box. Your birth certificate is one of the most important papers that you can save. When my son lost his wallet with all in he called me for his birth certificate.

Hypno MILF Snatch
Well how about other forms of IDs, such as using a school ID and perhaps a bank statement or bank card. Usually the bank keeps your social on file. Try contacting the county clerk for more info. Even using a utility bill might help.

Happy woman
An illegal gets to drive, collect social security and and gets to buy a gun...and then....

uhm i guess ur a nobody then....

Get copy of birth certificate, make sure it has raised seal, thats the start

Dean C
In Florida, they have pictures on file so they can verify it is you. I dont know about anywere else.

she should call the hospital where she was born and get another birth certificate sent out to her...its a start at least

 Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

 Does any one you know have an addiction problem?
Or are you yourself addicted? How does this affect you and/or your family?...

 17 moving out (dont reply on this unless u are trying to hekp for real unlike the last 2 i posted)?
im going to be 17 can i move out?? i was on a few websites that said as long as you are staying some where that you are safe and or in school and all that you can move out at 17! but you gotta prove ...

 Man Shot At Teenagers Who Were Toilet Papering His House, Do You Agree With What He Did?
Over in Michigan at 1 in the morning a man was awoken by people running around his front yard and laughing. He grabbed his shotgun and ran outside, he fired a warning shot in the air and as the teen ...

 Why do people hate drug dealers so much? why not the drug users?
im not trynna say bein a drug dealer is good, but if people didnt do drugs, then drug dealers wouldnt have anything to sell. druggies know wat theyre doing is really stupid n bad for them, but they ...

 Prosecution for Molestation?
A good friend of mine was molested by two of her cousins when she was young. She is not sure of exactly when it happened, but she does know that she was between the ages of 5 and 8 years old. She has ...

 How to get your local police dept to take action?
regarding identity thief even when you know who and where this person is. this person has been jailed for this prior and san jose/ santa clara pd makes little to no effort in trying to arrest her....

 Serious question about gun ownership?
After seeing on the news the story about the four year old who shot herself with a gun from her grandmother's purse in Sam's Club, I began to wonder about gun accidents. Pro-gun people ...

 Do some cops long for the day they can put a bullet in someone's brain?

Additional Details
Incidentally my best friend was killed in cold blood by a cop. And it was covered in the news that was and they know they made a mistake. We all talk of People that ...

 What will happen if I don't pay an out of state traffic ticket?
I got a speeding ticket in New York state, I got it for driving 88 in a 65 zone. I hold a California driver's license, and I don't plan to pay for the ticket since I don't have $255 ...

 Has anyone ever contested/denied a police charge?
ive jst recently been issued a fixed fine n 3 points for suposedly using my mobile while driving. i didnt do it but Mr police officer thinks i did. jst wanted to knw has anyone ever contested or ...

 Are cops winning the war on drugs or not, give an explantion?

 If Stopped by a State Trooper on the Highway...?
should you address the officer as, "Dude?"...

 Is mexico a country or a town in texas?

 Racial profiling?
You are an on-duty police officer for the town of Anywhere.

Your community has been struggling with a violence problem (mostly drug-related shootings & murders) for decades. More than 9...

 What does it feel like to be tasered?

 Will the IRS get violent with me?
I owe them around 245,000 and I straight up told them to go to hell when they called me. I do not have any bank accounts for them to take or freeze, I completely own my cars and house, and I don'...

 Can anyone tell me what this means? plz help?
So almost a year ago i was raped at a party while passed out after a night of drinking...7 months later i finally got the DNA results and it was positive

I got a call from the attorney ...

 Do you think ID cards will decrease crime rates?
ID cards, with biometric information, are said to be able to cut down on fraud, and decrease the time from crime to capture, thanks to genetic information that would be stored on one.

 Is faking your death illegal???
is it? if so, whats the penalty?...

 Im in big trouble?
ok heres the problem like 4 days aho i took 210$ from my friends moms house my friends brother showed me like 7 stacks of like 2000 dollers and i lost it it was only 210 but my friends ...

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Sunday, February 14, 2016 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links