Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Law Enforcement & Police

What happens when your arrested while on probation?
Find answers to your legal question.

What happens when your arrested while on probation?

If someone is on probation, then they are arrested for a d.w.i. If it is their first d.w.i will they likely face jail time.

xsocialaphasiax
More than likely because you violated your probation.

the b-i-s-h
your probatin is revoked and you will go to prison not jail

linda
go to jail directly to jail, do not pass go, do not collect 200 dollars..

shop2early
Rating
I would say, yes. They can revoke your probation, and make you serve your time. I am sure they told you that when they put you on probation. They make sure you understand, that part.

Luchador
Yes. If you are on probation and you break the law again you will have to go to jail and serve you sentence you got probation for in the first place.

fade_this_rally
Rating
If you beat the charge then you are fine. However, you MUST notify your PO within 24 hrs of the arrest (might be 48 but it's one of the two) or that is a violation in and of itself. So aim to get the case thrown out, not guilty, or put on the stet docket and you'll be fine!

old lady
Rating
That depends on what they are on probation for, and whether you are talking juvenile or adult court. And it also depends on which jurisdiction you are in. Some judges are heavier than others on first time offenders.
The bottom line is, it doesn't do you any good to stand up in court while you are on probation and appear on yet another charge. It gives the judge the impression that you aren't taking the legal system very seriously.

fuzzykitty
they probably still violated their probation.

mel
yes.

michael d
Rating
it depends on how good their lawyer is.

R, P, then B
Rating
It depends on your PO and the conditions of your probation. most likely, your going to do some time, or the conditions will be re-written and become more stringent.

Unknown
Rating
More than likely. Definitely if you have had prior DWI offenses.

Juliet
Rating
Uhh yeah. But they must want to go to jail - otherwise why would they mess up their probation?

uphill climb
Rating
yes.

Adventure Man
Very likely, almost certainly.

Miki
Rating
Yes, first they put you in jail for breaking your probation then charge you with d.w.i. and add the time to your original sentence.

Miz Thang
Yes, the whole point of probation is giving you a second chance and it is making deal to follow all orders of your probation. A violation will result in jail time.

MISSY E
Yes they will go back to jail, It is call a violation of probation. I don't even think that you are allowed to drink when you are on probation.

Zach K.
All depends on your charge, p.o., and judge. I was on felony probation with a curfew and can't drink and got arrested for a dwi past curfew after 9mths but got dwi dropped and never got revoked or put back in jail.

Rachel Villanueva
My son was arrest again for the 2nd time. First time he was sentence to 10 years probation and now he is facing some other charges found some cocaine on him refusing arrest, do I go with a lawyer or is it best with an appointed lawyer, I don't have money to get a lawyer what do you advice.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

Crimes??????
Does anyone know the number of crimes comitted in a year? Thanks for your help!
Additional Details
In the U.S....

Why do some females become cops?
i've seen many clips from tv and they always have a hard time with the suspects, they always end up running away and they have to chase them, they dont have the physical strength, and they are ...

What happens if someone fails to pay a traffic violation-ticket?
I know someone who has failed to pay a ticket from the police (minor traffic violation). It's been several months to a year. What do they need to do if they don't know where their ticket is ...

Which nation's police have the best cars?
i went to itlay and they had alfa romeos!

although saying that, the UK police don't seem to do bad - a lot of BMW 5 series, X5s and Range Rovers down my way (avon and somerset), ...

Could the police have searched our car because it smelled of marijuana?
Last night my boyfriend and I went out and we were just driving around when we noticed a police car seeming to follow us. But after a while it turned onto a street. 10 minutes later I dropped my ...

Are rolling papers considered drug paraphernalia?
what else is considered drug ...

When someone dies in a car accident, if they have no family what do the cops do with the $ in their wallet?

A friend of mine lives in florida but has a warrant in ohio would they come to florida 2 get him?
would they come to florida to arrest him or if he got pulled over for a traffic stop and they ran his name and a warrant came up in ohio for felony 5...recieving stolen property would florida hold ...

If I report a person for reckless driving and give the plate # how long would it take for them to be arrested?

Dirty cops in a small town?
What can I do about it? When asking the higher ups, I'm just told to go somewhere else, it ends up in a never ending door to door quest. Obviously the cops are sticking together, and a small ...

Is it illegal to curse at a cop?

What is the typical future of someone who is a drug dealer?

Did you know incest is legal in Alabama? The law says; Incestuous marriage, before the same is annuled shall?
not be deemed illegitimate. Section 30-1-3. Shouldn't other states update their incest laws to match Alabama?...

My dog has bitten another dog. Help
My dog was out in the back garden, and my neighbours dog was out in theirs, and my dog jumped over mine, and their fence and attacked it, and bit it. The other dog was ok, but I'm worried as ...

What exactly is the fine for speeding 200 mph above the limit?

Additional Details
Thank you all for the fast answers!!! its fun to read them and
YES, THERE ARE CARS THAT CAN GO THAT FAST!!...

Can I get a restraining order on behalf of my 6 yr old son against a person I feel is a threat?
My ex husband has an EX girlfriend who has become obsessed with my 6 year old. She is always telling me that I don't like how close she is to my son and that nobody can take away what they have ...

Police record?
My best friend was caught involved with a shoplifting gang and was sent to prison for 6 mths(first and only offence)of wich she served 4mths.
This was 25yrs ago,is she stiil on record,she is ...

Child support?
can a mother file for child support AFTER the child is grown? what are her rights? what are the rights of the father? what if there was never any contact between the child and the father?

Police had no search warrant! Can I win this case with my lawyer?
The Police knocked on my door at 2 am. I looked through the peep hole but saw nobody! When I opened the door they barged in and told my cousin and I to sit on the living room floor! They began asking ...

Where do I go to report someone to the FBI for?
Where do I go to report someone to the FBI for burning DVD's? I Meant, is there a site, or a 1800 number I can go to? I need information on this.

T...

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Wednesday, October 22, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links