Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Law Enforcement & Police

What is bond and when you pay the bond does it mean you dont have to go to jail?
Find answers to your legal question.

What is bond and when you pay the bond does it mean you dont have to go to jail?

glockthreefiftyseven
Lets say you go to jail, and your buddy offers to pay your bond. What the bond means, is that you can get out of jail once that bond is paid. The paid money is there until you go to court at the specified time and date. If you fail to show up, your buddy loses his bond money. So, you go to jail, but you get out because your buddy has bonded you saying that he promises you will be in court at the scheduled time. Basically he's betting you'll show up to court while the court is betting you won't. Whoever wins, gets the money.

moke35
Many offenses have set bond amounts. In other cases the judge sets the amount of the bond.

When you are bonded out of jail there is a set date you have to appear in court. Failure to appear would be cause to forfiet the bond and a warrant would be issued for your arrest.

An example of how a bond works is as follows: Say you have a $1,000 bond. You have to put up the thousand bucks or a bail bonding company can put it up for you. For their fee they normally charge ten percent of whatever the bond amount is.

When bonds of higher amounts collateral is normally required by the bonding agency .

TonyBoy
bail bond is when you pay to get out of jail while going to your three court hearing, the preliminary hearing, some other one and sentencing. Most likely you will go to jail. I been bailed out 2 times and both of the times I ended up doing jail time. pretty much it was a waste of money I could of done the time it sometimes takes like 2 or 3 months to your sentencing those 2 or 3 months you can get credit for jail time so if you have to do say 6 months in jail withing the months waiting to get sentence might as well do your time and all you would do is 3 more months left to complete your 6 month sentence the sooner the better just do your time and don't get into trouble anymore

Dottie R
Bond is similar to bail and just means you don't have to stay in jail unless you're convicted in court and sentenced to jail or prison.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

My friend made a report and they told her she cant do anything unless she had proof is this true?
My friend has been dating this dude for a long while and his baby mama follows her from work but my friend doesnt drive home because she thinks thats the reason she follows her and its been two weeks....

My partner drove on a suspended sentence and was caught 4 times... will he go to jail?
We live in Victoria, Australia. My partner has been caught driving an unregistered vehicle 4 times now (silly I know!!) It has been a few months since the last time, but he knows that he will be ...

What will be the final judgement for this illegal alien?
an illegal alien who married a citizen for citizenship,in spite of being married in his home country was caught by the immigration on charges of bigamy,illegal stay of 6 years,expired indian ...

Would this mean I have a criminal record?
A while ago the Metropolitan (London) police got involved in a 'domestic' situation. I am under 18 and was accused of violence. The accuser presented the police with the 'evidence'...

Can you be arrested for running someone over if it wasn't your fault?
Hypothetically, if someone just runs out in the road in front of you and you brake too late and end up running them over fatally, can you still be arrested? If you were not speeding or drunk or ...

What is the worse you could face if being prosecuted for one and half times over the limit.?

If Police Officers finish the Police Academy and pass then why do they act like this?
A federal appeals court today upheld convictions and sentences handed to former Mount Clemens police officers in connection with a 2002 beating of a 24-year-old motorist and a subsequent cover-up.

Is this ok to wear to court?
I have to make a court appearance to gain entrance into the ARD program for a drug offense. I'm a college student and obviously I don't have the money to go out and buy a suit currently. W...

I want them prosecuted. I want their website removed. How do I go about bringing these people to justice?
OK here it goes. I got a job on line that looked and seemed very legitimate. They put 9300 in my checking account. I did my job and sent out the money to the three individuals who they told me to. ...

I'm not sure if it could be on my record?
I was caught trying to shoplift a $14 cd 4 years ago (I was 17 at the time) and I was given a fine by the LP guy. I had to send off $200 to a law firm for punitive payment. I was never arrested, ...

Seems i only get authorized to sleep with relatives of those near police? why is that?
is it because those dons that own you, have a Hells Angels rule which says No Cops?...

Is it true that police officers get free or discounted rent?

What things can disqualify a dog from becoming a Police dog?
Any insight would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!...

Theft by a minor in FL, what's the punishment?
okay well i wasn't there but my boyfriend stole a lot of CD's and DVD's at target. he was caught and his parents had to come get him, he has a court date on April 9th at 8:30. my ...

Will i go to jail if there's death in the accident (not my fault)?
last year July2008, i was driving a car (i was going straight) n suddenly the bike come out from the left road without looking, n he blocked my way, n i couldnt break on time n hit on him. based on ...

Im 15 on electronic monitor?
if you were put on electronical monitor and you did good through the whole time you been on it what will happen in court? because i have breaking and entering vehicle charges.
Additional D...

Can i go to jail over this?
first, cali jails r scary........... and i have heardf stories,,,,,,

I got into an accident with this other womans car. my mom was out of town due to business. she is a doc at a uni. i ...

Do survillance cameras in stores and store parking lots really work?
and is there always someone watching them? and is it true that if you steal something and walk out with getting caught while in the store chances are you're not gonna get caught? and can the ...

Are all Police depts this way?
I been putting in applications to many, many Police depts.. and I turned one in to a big city dept and got a letter back saying "Your application is disqualified for financial management.." ...

Im 15 got caught with wrong boys breaking in people cars?
im 15 got caught breaking and entering cars with 4 other boys i was jus looking wat will happen in court?
Additional Details
but they took me to detention 4 a month bt now im on house ...

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Saturday, October 25, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links