Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Law Enforcement & Police

What is the best solution to get rid of firearms/guns?
Find answers to your legal question.

What is the best solution to get rid of firearms/guns?

Jim Bridger
as they say:

You can take my gun when you pry it from my cold dead hand.

Jennifer (answer below), the civil war would come because many Americans -- well above the majority -- feel that the statement "the right of the people to keep and bear arms SHALL NOT be infringed." is a part of the constitution worth fighting for.

When I was in the service I swore that I would "support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic." Taking away my 2nd amendment rights, or any other citizen's, falls under that category of enemy to the Constitution. I still hold that oath dearly.

Sean
Rating
there isn't one, theres to many in circulation, its impossible, will you guys ever stop crying?

Mopp
Rating
Not to.

I don't want another Civil War.... do you?

Cold Hard Fact
It would be worse than the drug problem, and we know there is no getting rid of that.

9/12er
Don't forget we must get rid of boxcutters too! They were used in the biggest terrorist attack in our history after all.

robert p
If you take guns from the "law abiding public" will criminals turn them in with a smile? No

TE
Rating
First get rid of all the criminals, then we wouldn't need the weapons.

lesliejay63
Rating
Give them to me. I collect them. Thanks.

Couto
Why would you want to? If the guy that did the shooting at the school didn't have a gun, don't you think he would have used something else? There are more people killed by cars a year than guns, are we going to take away cars ? DUHHHHHH

Dylan
Rating
There is none, plain and simple. We have been fighting a pointless war on drugs for decades and are getting nowhere. Guns would be no different. Any criminal in possession of a firearm is already in breach of the law, so a gun ban would just be another law for them to break. If gun control works, then how do you explain the high crimes rates in California, New York, Washington D.C., Chicago and Hawaii, where handguns are extremely controlled or outright banned. Drugs are illegal, yet people still get them and use them without very much of a hassle, banning guns would have the same consequence. I hate to have to say it again, but when you ban guns, then only criminals will have them.

woodyhou
Rating
Guns are not the problem, criminals and crazy people are. I am so tired of hearing liberal crybabies whine that we need to get rid of guns.

jose
ask the people real nice to give up their guns,,,and then hold your breath until they do

toddone03
Rating
get rid of the people. its not the guns its the people using them.

dude
Get rid of guns and go back to stabbings with knives and swords or what ever you can make. At least you'll have a better chance of fighting back, unless the criminal uses throwing knives or shurikens. That would be a little harder to defend against.

scruffycat
Uh, sell them?

Deaf Redneck
do you mean you want to get rid of your own guns then take them to a pawn shop.

Bezzlebubba
Rating
Man, if they cut off all of our arms, we'd figure out how to kill each other with our feet. That tree that you are hugging there man, STOP!!!!

Dead man inc
Rating
that would be nice but wont happen

Jennifer
Mopp inferred that if we got rid of guns there would be a civil war. I understand that a large percent of the population owned guns in Iraq even before we invaded. Gun ownership did not prevent their civil war.

I don't have a solution except to make it harder to get guns in the first place. Automatic weapons should be banned. There may be a few who want them as collectables, but no one needs an automatic weapon for hunting or self defense.

I lost the URL but an information web site listed 47 recent school shootings. 36 were in the United States, 2 in Canada and 9 in the all the rest of the world. Could Canada's strick gun control laws account for their small number? The very lax gun laws in the U.S. might contribute to the high percent, (about 76%) of all school shootings worldwide.

Montego
Rating
drop nuclear bombs, then there'll be no need for them. Now go and do, but you'll end up savagely killing bambie in the process so maybe you should quityerbitcin!!!

lordfa9
Rating
err ban them completely?

pull your head out of your ass
this why there are mass shootings because of stubborn people like you nothing will ever change

Thin man
lardfa9 is correct. Ban all ammunition, ban all guns, ban all rifles. Ban police gunsl later. Hunters (if hunting is still needed) will rent guns at the hunting lodge (like renting skis at the slopes). Then we work on the government to stop prliferating and selling weapons all around the world. Just keep for country defence. Many countries do all this and it works well. This is the way I want us to do it. And this is the way we will do it!! Not a tree hugger as one idiot put it, just want NO GUNS period.

redneck
hey you knowq what there are rednecks like me who need all of our guns to live and you city kids think you can just say that five people die a year then we need top get rid of guns

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

Can the police come?
If my little sister prank called someone and that person says they are sending the police, How would they know my address? Would they know my address? What can they do If they could do something?...

Why was Sean Bell killed with 50 shots by policemen?

Additional Details
doesn't this just go to show how racist the police in the USA are

http://en.wikipedia.org/...

Has a police officer ever helped you? Or are they just good for nothing donut eaters?

Another teenager stabbed to death in London. How can it be stopped?
How would you stop the knife culture in London?...

Can i be arrested?
I had a dream that a friend in another country was murdered...by me and the next day they told me she WAS murdered..did I do it in my dream?Can I be arrested even though I was in another country in ...

If u r on felony probation and get charged with something that has nothign to do with it r u violatin probatin
please help i need to know REALLY soon
Additional Details
first of all.... im not the one in trouble it is my freind and i am trying to help him he has a baby due in 16 days and if he ...

If I 'snitch' or 'grass' on someone for criminal activity....?
which offends me, and the rest of Joe Public, then what is the moral objection of the 'criminal class' against this provides them with a desire to seek what they conceive as 'their ...

If I camp out without land owners permission can i be arrested for loitering with intent?

How to solve the jail overcrowding problem in america?

My husband just got arrested about 20 minutes ago for having warrant for unpaid tickets i gave the cop 200?
bucks which is what he said he needed to be realeased today. my question is howlong will it take for him to be out of there? hours? minutes? does it take all day for this process its a local jail. he ...

How can an adult female who attacks a 16yr old child , get away with a caution ?
I mean the woman has had her hands around the childs throat, she has punched the child on the head & in the mouth, the police say she could just get a caution, as she does not have a record !!!!!...

Should I call the police on these teenagers?
My landlord has told me to watch out for them but my landlord is not around all the time. I don't feel safe around my apartment anymore because I've heard that they have graffitied and ...

I think a young boy is being groomed.?
i dont know how concerned to be.but i think this 15 year old boy is being groomed.i spoke to the guy who i supspect is a child molester and hes telling me to 'watch my back' and to leave ...

I beat of a bugler last night , I grabbed his sack as he was leaving advice please on what to do?

Car Accident?
My sister recently ran into the back of someone's truck. Usually it would definitely be her fault, but it seems kind of different so I just wanted to see if we have a case. The road that she ...

Do you support profiling at airport checks?
Media have reported the government is discussing with British airport authorities a system of profiling -- where security staff focus their search efforts on people they regard as suspicious on ...

Can I sue the school board for denying my 4 year old school because of his name?
I named my son Adolph Hitler in honor of the only man in the world that had a great idea.

Well my son loves his name and its just a name and the school board says I have to change his ...

A serious question?
how do YOU manage to be so happy when most people in the world are suffering, (look on the bright side) yeah right, poor madeline mcann cant say that, or the 11 yr old boy who got shot in the back of ...

Can a cop make you get back in your car and put your keys in your ignition once you're out?
This has happened to a few friends of mine:

They were doing nothing wrong, maybe going a BIT too fast but nothing outrageous. Didn't realize they were being pulled over because they ...

I'm 6'5 and 345lbs, is it against the law for a cop to call for back up just because I was staring at him?
I wasn't really staring at him I was just day dreaming?...

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Thursday, August 28, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links