Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Law Enforcement & Police

What kind of fine could you get for fleeing from the cops?
Find answers to your legal question.

What kind of fine could you get for fleeing from the cops?

my son outran the cops on a bike and the cops took his bike and he ran from them

ndtaya
I think a fine is the least of your worries.

purple rain
prison time..... not a fine!

magnamamma
Rating
...depends on the state. In NC you get dragged down to the magistrate -- that's when they catch up with you. They can put you in jail if you're not a first time offender. They can charge you some hefty cash, too.

Blonda
Rating
fleeing and aluding the police is a felony!

breezyyb
you will get up to 1 yr & 1 day in prison..not jail.

Hawk996
Rating
It is called felony evasion and you could get 10 years for it.

derekcrpd
First of all, what is your son doing running from the police!?! Your son could very likely face jail time for this. What was he thinking? He could have hurt himself, or worse, someone else. What a tard.

mike g
your son is looking at jail time

Dena C
your son running from the police is called avading arrest which can lead to jail time. if he's a minor probably probation but there will be some kind of punishment depending on why he was running. hell i would have ran too!!!!!!! i don't trust cops!

ga_spazz
Rating
it's a felony called alluding. you can't either be charged a large fine, community service, or jail. depends on why he was running and how serious it really is.

loveme1022003
6 months in juvi or mwi

txhypnotist
If the bike was a motorcycle, then it's fleeing in a vehicle is a felony in most states. Also the motorcycle can be seized being used in the comission of a crime.

giwsd
jail time.

mopargrapeape
He could be looking at jail time now. Running is the never the smart thing to do.. Better to face up to it and deal with it. He may have only gotten a fine or a warning. Now, it's a lot worse for him and it will create a record.

twnstar2
typically that would be resisting arrest, and that would be jail time.

ishotvoltron
Rating
If he gets caught it's a felony-- fleeing and evading an officer, regardless of whether or not he did anything wrong. If a police officer orders you to stop and you don't, it is a crime in and of itself.

cigarsmoke1982
Rating
Depending on the state we should be talking about possible jail time and probation. Resisting arrest is at the very least a misdemeanor.

GreenBeansRevenge
depends on what they want to charge him with. if they think he's a punk they could try for juvie. I did once and that wasn't even on the list of charges and i just got probation at 16, one of my friends/ accomplices did a year for the same thing and he didn't run. Depends on your offence, history, and realistically on how much money you have, how you present yourself, go in with some yuppie clothes on and your ok, go in looking like you live in a trailer or the ghetto and you get the worst.

double_nubbins
Rating
Running from the cops is a crime all of its own.
He could end up in jail just for the running. They don't usually let you off with just a fine if you run.

GRUMPY1LUVS2EAT
This dangerous behavior, fleeing indicates guilt to the police. If you are willing to flee, a policeman will naturally believe you will break any other laws, such as assault and react with appropriate force(DEADLY!). Then your child will be on the Evening News. Is this worth it?

xx_muggles_xx
Rating
lol screw the fine let's talk about jail time.

Jen
Rating
it's not a fine, it's called a felonly

Vishal D
Rating
lol...it wud have been fun running from cops. well if u wud have been in my country u cud have easily got away by bribing...lol

spudric13
It's not just a fine, but he should secure jail time. I mean, I feel he should go to jail and the law says so too. I don't care if he's a child. You don't run from the police.

bloomingflower
Rating
as long as they dont know him or know his name he should be fine. if the know his name they will probably issue a warrant for his arrest

sharon B
hard question
fine for fleeing the cops if you are in UK yeah you could get a fine plus community service but any were else think you would find ya self going behind bars
respect
shaz

littlechicky_82
okay everyone says jail or prison time... im in wisconsin why didn't i get jail time or prison time.. and no it was not because i am a female.. i fleed the cops in my car out ran them... they finally caught me and i just had to do a fine. no probabtion or jail time..

Mimi
Rating
I wouldn't worry about the fine, I'd worry about the jail time!

Cassie
I don't think there is a fine. It's jail time for resisting arrest, I think.

Dsa1986
When you say bike do you mean a bicycle or motorbike? Im assuming you met a bicycle but either way, I think it would still be felony fleeing and eluding. Just like how you can get a DUI on a bicycle. Same charges apply even if you're not operating a motor vehicle in many states. If this is his first time getting in trouble with the law then most likely he may not get jail time. Just a fine and probation. Maybe some community service to. Its possible he could get his drivers license ((if he currently has one)) suspended as well. If he ran on a bicycle then he wasn't really endangering the lives of anyone else other than his own. Tho it still all depends on his current background.

scared20yearold
ok so i ran from the police last night in my car and they got my plates. I've never been pulled over. i got scared and drove faster. do⦁ you think im still looking at jail time.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

Can dogs who chase cats be prosecuted under the new hunting laws?
And what should the punishment be?
Additional Details
With respect, London Lady, that's an entirely unimaginative answer....

Why can an illegal immigrant get by with breaking laws while US citizens are expected to abide by them?
Aren't people concerned that this unfairness is going to cause people to take the law into their own hands?
Additional Details
To: "Looking for the REAL answer"
Of ...

Is it possible to be pulled over if you were drunk and riding a bike ? what about a horse ?

Best way to deter burglars?
Just interested what everyone else does.

Alarm
Camera (webcam etc)
Extra Locks
Large Dog
Empty threats (dummy burglar alarm box, dummy cameras, signs etc)
Lights ...

What do you think of execution?
Should the people exucted or they shouldn't be....

How am i supose to get this guy arrested ?
This guy I am talking about is a felon which means he is not allowed to have a gun .he got caught in front of a county sheriff with a gun the sheriff has not charged him with any thing it has been ...

Is it dishonest shallow and WicKeD to answer serious questions in a stupid irreverant slightly annoying yet...
somewhat humorous way? ?...

Can a police offcier search your car...?
When you get pulled over for speeding, can a police officer legally search your vehicle for anything? What are the limitations for searching a car without a warrant?...

Doesn't more guns mean more voilence in the street?
Can't you people see that?...

Just got my first speeding ticket...is there any way to get out of this?
i was driving on a highway and a state police officer pulled me over for speeding, going 81 in a 65...is there any way for me to get out of this, (maybe the fact that everyone else was going the same ...

What do YOU think of the death penalty?
I completely agree with it. I'm proud to be from Texas, where if you kill someone, we'll kill you right back.
Additional Details
So, some of you mean to tell me, that if ...

My boyfriend wants to be a cop?
My boyfriend of one year has decided that he wants to be a state trooper (we live in Alaska). He will basically be able to stay at home for a year, until training starts. Then for more than a year ...

Can a person say anything to a cop? even if it's curse word?

Where are the police when you need them?
Yobs rule the streets because the ploice are ...

If someone breaks into your house...?
If a burglar breaks into your one-story house at night (and, assuming you own a handgun), is it an overall smarter idea to try to sneak around in the dark and shoot him (assuming you're tactical)...

Can prisoners be used to pick up litter?
There seems to be more and more rubbish littering the countryside. We could pursue the cretins who do it with firearms and hunting dogs but, less controversially, why can't some of the ...

Is it illegal for me and my boyfriend to be together?
my boyfriend is 18 but im 15 its only 3 years difference but is it ...

Is it entrapment if you ask if the dealer is a cop and they say no?
If I were purchasing a small ammount of an illegal substance and before completing the transaction asked if the seller was in any shape or form an authority, do they have to say "yes", and ...

What makes a good policeman?

Can a cop ask to search a bag or pockabook thinking your carring something illegal?
Can a cop ask to search your pockets or anything your carrying with you for just being suspicious if you didn't do anything wrong....

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Thursday, April 24, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links