Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Law Enforcement & Police

What to do about a Repo Man who keeps harrassing me when I am not the one he is looking for?
Find answers to your legal question.

What to do about a Repo Man who keeps harrassing me when I am not the one he is looking for?

Okay..So I rent a house. The previous renters ( I assume they are since I still get their mail once in awhile)..has a car in repo. The repo man keeps showing up..and trying to find my husband ..because he thinks my husband and the guy in debt is the same person because they are both have hispanic names.

The repo guy pounds down my door, sits outside my house and I have already called the cops and of course they just told me..simply don't answer your door but this guy has the legal right to do his job.

I have kids in my house and its scary to know I am being watched because the guy is an idiot and CANT do his job right.

How do I get him to stop hunting for this past resident and my house?
Additional Details
The guy never shows up when my husband is home so my husband can prove his ID to the guy..especially since my husband IS A COP.

Another Censored Enigma
That's TOTAL B.S. that they can just show up and harass you, ESPECIALLY if there is no issue of debt between you and this Repo guy.

I would file a formal complaint of harassment with law enforcement and seek a restraining order. Trespassing is trespassing when you make it known that the guy is not welcome on the property.

bgbbill
Rating
refer him to ur landlord?

or call ur husbands dispatcher the next time and have him respond to the call at his own house?

the last resort is to get a gun and shoot a tresspasser. ur home alone with children, ur husbands a cop who left u with a home weapon for protection and taught u how to use it properly!!

Sandy Sandals
Have your husband go to the office of the repo company and meet with the owner. If your husband is a cop, he should know how to resolve this issue.

cass5
Rating
sleep with him. :p

at least ull get something out of it!

Eddie Cacciatore, Private Eye
Call his boss or the used car company.

CHECK MY PROFILE
IF IT IS NOT YOU THAT THEY ARE LOOKING FOR, GIVE THE REPO MAN ,ANY INFO YOU CAN ON THE PERSON HE IS LOOKING FOR,AND IF HE HAS A NEW ADDRESS TO GO TO ,HE WILL LEAVE YOU BE....ALSO ,SHOW HIM THE CAR IS NOT THERE. TO ABOVE POSTS,RESTRAINING ORDER WONT WORK,THEY WILL JUST SEND ANOTHER REPO MAN,AND SWITCH REPO COMPANYS,AND THERE IS NOTHING TO SUE FOR.

Jackie
so follow him home and have somebody steal HIS car!! :D

One Pill Twice a Day
When he knocks on the door, open it and throw some soured milk on him.

Leave a half gallon of milk sitting at room temperature in a wide mouth container (needs to be wide mouth so you can get the entire half gallon on him before he can dodge).

He is TRESPASSING on PRIVATE property. Contrary to popular belief, citizens still have a FEW rights.

gvilleda20
Rating
Next time he comes to your house, wait until he leaves spy follow him to his house and do the same exact thing to him and his family. sit outside his house knock and pound on his door and harass him until he feels what you felt. No but on a serious note tell your husband to be a man and confront this guy, If he comes to your house get his phone number and have your husband call him and meet with him so you can be left alone. If it was me and some one was even remotely making my wife feel like this i think i would of acted like a Repo man.

jaker
Find out who the repo man is working for. He should have the papers with him that will show that. Contact them and explain the situation and threaten to sue them if they continue bothering you.

mrsd
Rating
Have your landlord write a letter stating you are now the legal occupant of the house, something like

As of April 1. 2010, John and Sue Smith are the legal occupants of 234 Main Street, Center City, TX
The former renter, Bob Debtor has not occupied this home since Feb 22, 2010, His whereabouts are unknown to me or Mr. and Mrs. Smith.

Sincerely,
Lucy Landlord

Maybe get it notarized.

JASMINE M
Sorry that you have been dealing with this. Has your hubby talked to him? Maybe if you find out what company he is working for you can talk to them and get it straightened out. That is a scary thing, especially with children in the home. He should be ashamed of himself. Good luck with this.

Russ
Set up a meeting between your husband and the repo man - problem solved!

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

OD on Ecstasy what can happen?
If my friend goes to the ER.Can he go to jail....

What could happen if you take Ecstasy and go to the ER?
My friend took Ecstasy and wants to go to the ER.He thinks he took to much.What can happen?
Additional Details
Can he go to jail.What would most likely happen....

How to define this situation involving assault?
During a heated organized adult basketball game (city league), two players collided, and both were upset at each other. Teammates of player 1 rushed player 2, and began shouting threats and bumping ...

PARKS AND REC - CT QUESTION?
Can a parks and rec member give you a speeding ticket for speeding in the parking lot of a park in Norwalk, CT... i wasnt speeding but the guy yelled and said i was, then took my license plate. TH...

In Florida, if I drive around at 15 with my permit without a licensed driver, what could happen?
Will I be arrested or just get a ticket? (assuming I never get pulled over for anything else)...

What could have been done to save that 7 year old girl who was murdered by the police recently?
What could have been done to save that 7 year old girl who was murdered by the police recently? Any procedures, protocols ect that were not followed in the events that led to police shooting and ...

If a person is convicted of multiple counts of second-degree murder, can he or she get the death penalty?
All I know for criminal justice cases is that in some states if one person is found guilty and convicted of one or more counts of first-degree murder that individual would either be sentenced to life ...

Questionnaire for Law Enforcement?
I've asked this once and received a response. I'll send it in again to get another, at least I hope. I need two officers opinions regarding their job so that I can compare and contrast them....

im 33 years old never had a ticket never had a accident been driving for 16 years why is my insurance so high?

Cities, Counties are going broke...why not cut more Police to save money?
In my state (like most) crime as declined in almost every category and certainly my local area as well.

When I drive the 6 miles to work everyday I see (5) layers of police driving around.....

Ticket for inspection.?
Today there was a road block in my village where cops stopped everyone and ended up ticketing pretty much everyone with any problem. I apparently had an inspection due. I didn't know this. He ...

In your opinion, what is the best handgun to keep around for home security use? Interested?
in seeing the answers. Thanks!...

Got caught shoplifting at K-Mart and need some help.?
So, it was a $19.99 game from their shelves and it was stupid, I admit it. Anyways, the loss prevention took me to their security room and took my ID and started taking down info. They said it was ...

How much will my fine and Insurance increase for speeding?
I am a 17 year-old student on my parents Car Insurance Plan (AAA) and we are currently paying over $1000 a year. I was pulled over for going 40 on a 30 and this is my second ticket, unfortunately ...

What do you do if a drunk guy with a knife is on your porch?
Quick answers plz!!...

Can you take a defensive driving course if you have not yet received a driver's license?
My sister-in-law got a speeding ticket yesterday and she intends to go to a defensive driving course to keep her insurance rate from going up. She does not actually have her driver's license yet,...

What happens if you get a speeding ticket while driving on a learner's permit in Texas?
My 17 year old sister-in-law who just got her learner's permit was pulled over and ticketed for going 40 mph in a 30 mph residential area yesterday. Will receiving this ticket cause any problems ...

DO PEOPLE REALLY FALL FOR THIS??? I get so many scam emails from people claiming to be a bank manager or UN?
affiliate who claim they have millions of dollars of money to give me. Do people really fall for this??? I get people falling for some phone scams and some fraud scams, but really? Do people ...

Officers only - Questions about the job?
Since getting answers to a student questionnaire is like pulling teeth --

I just have 8 questions for a couple of officers, because I've tried to reach out to local agencies and ...

I got caught stealing from walmart and i want to know will it go on my record?
okay, im 17 and i got caught stealing from walmart, i stole a total of 20 dollars worth of stuff, they didn't call the cops they just got my information (name adress number social security.etc.) ...

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Wednesday, April 23, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links