Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Law Enforcement & Police

What will happen if you're on probation and you leave the state and don't come back?
Find answers to your legal question.

What will happen if you're on probation and you leave the state and don't come back?

Say someone lives in Michigan, and they're on probation in a certain county. Then they get in trouble in another county, and knows that if their probation officer from the other county finds out, that they're probably going to jail, for a good amount of time. (this is all misdemeanor probation by the way) What would happen if they left the state and just didn't come back? I have heard that if they stayed gone for 7 years the warrants will go away. Any information anyone can give me about this would be appreciated. thanks!

ilitrt
If I'm not mistaken, you are a fugitive at that point. If you ever get stopped by the police in another state, you'll probably get a free trip back and some new friends that will be happy to greet you and put you up in their place. Why risk it? If it's just misdemeanor, serve out the probation and stop being an ***. That will serve you best in the long run.

Shogun
As a rule you are not extradited for misdemeanors(too expensive). As a matter of fact misdemeanor warrants are not even entered into the national database accessed by police. This isn't so if you committed a felony, but some jurisdictions won't pay for extradictions on certain felonies. As for it being gone in 7 years, this would involve some research of Michigan law, which you can probably do online.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

Can a wife to go jail for adultery?
In Michigan?...

Can a cop pull over and ticket 2 cars at once?
in Minnesota?...

Ohio Police Departments with own academy?
Hello i am 20 years old male about to be 21 and basically i wanna know what police departments in ohio have there own academy like you take the test get hired then complete their academy where you ...

How do you know when to use a gun ?
Should you only shoot when you believe your life is threatened ?

I was walking down the street in NYC by myself ( I know not smart) to a party when a young guy and his buddies followed me....

How many police officers in bloomington?
number of employees in the police ...

If someone from Dunfrmline,Fife is sentenced at the local Sherriff Court,what prison does he go to?

My guitar was confiscated by the police for evidence in a drug bust. Would I be able to get my guitar back?
Just recently, after playing some guitar down in my friend’s dorm room, I had left to go to the store and figured it would be ok to leave my guitar unsupervised in his room. When I returned after ...

Need some advice on this?
Ok well i figured i need to word this alot more better than my old question i posted.

But my brother who is 23-years-old Got his license back the beggining of march because it was ...

Accusatorial and inquisitorial systems of criminal justice have different aims. continued below?
As a consequence of this they have different procedures.”

Discuss

can someone please help me, only if they know the law concerning this area.

i desperately ...

How long does police look for someone who is deemed suicidal?
His nurse psych deemed him suicidal even though he told her he is not in immident danger and has felt fine for a while now. Basically she just thinks a hospital will better know how to treat him.

Why aren't lie detector test mandatory?
like u always see these cases where like a child is missing or something but half the suspects will not take a lie detector test why isn't mandatory that they do???...

Do I Have a Legitimate Case Against the Police?
This is a long story so please bear with me. I'm a male in my late 20's from East Orange NJ. March 20th, around between 9:30 to 10am I was driving my coworker home from our work. She lives ...

SOP after an undercover operation?
I'm writing an NCIS fanfic where several characters are on an undercover operation. Post-undercover op, would NCIS agents be given any mandatory leave to recoup? Or would it vary, depending more ...

I want to know if the person who executes the prisoner only because of revenge gets punished as well?

What are some of the repercussions to falsifying a marriage license?

What Will Happen To Me Since It Was Filed As A Misdemeanor?
I recieved a check in the mail in january wrote out to me and I went to the bank it was from and tried to cash it. They said that they could not due to no verification. then in Febuary i got ...

How Important Are Lawyers to Police Officers/Detectives?
I am thinking about becoming a criminal prosecutor and just wonder how much of a difference they have made in your experience if you have any.
Additional Details
Do you think prosecutors ...

Is going to see your mother-in-law before you die a good reason for driving recklessly?
http://www.youtube.com/w
Seriously, people, think about this. It's manslaughter, possibly homicide if you do this trying to get to the hospital. Arrogant idiots like ...

When someone has a warrant out for their arrest....?
Why don't the cops just go to their house and arrest them as soon as the warrant is issued? I always hear about people being pulled over for something or other...and then the cops arrest them ...

Shoplifting..what cud be the consequence..?
frens

my neighbour has been caught while he took $ 75 cost merchandise from kohl's ...what cud b the consequences..??
plz help....
thanks
Additional Details
n ...

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Monday, July 28, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links