Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Law Enforcement & Police

What would happen if got caught with a fake id?
Find answers to your legal question.

What would happen if got caught with a fake id?

2 questions. my friend made me a fake id to get into clubs, not for alchohol or anything bad. just for clubs.

so my questions are:
- what would happen if caught by a bouncer just trying to get in a club?
- how can you tell if an id is fake?

Mikela
Rating
It depends on where you are. Usually, if the club is kind of swanky or has had a history of getting caught for accepting fake IDs, they will be more strict about checking.

From my experience, the bouncer will usually just deny you entrance to the club if he knows your ID is fake. In some extreme cases (this never happened to me) they will take your ID away. Sometimes they'll hand it over to the cops, but usually not because it's really not worth it for them. In most states, the penalty for possession of fake a ID is (if the bouncer bothers to report you, which he probably won't) a fine and/or a phone call home. Not a huge deal, especially if your parents already know about it.

And there are a bunch of ways to tell if an ID is fake. Often times, bouncers will have scanners that they can swipe drivers licenses through to show whether the ID is real or not. These are easy to get past by buying a drivers license from a friend, who will then go and just get a new one for themselves. Another way to get past this is to use an ID that is not a drivers license, like a passport or otherwise.

Also, if all the information except for the date of birth is correct, you should be okay. Height and eye color is a big one that bouncers like to catch. Sometimes, if the month/day is different from your actual date of birth, bouncers will ask for your horoscope. This is because most people would know that they are a Scorpio or Aquarius off the top of their head. If the date on the ID is different, they would be able to tell if you have to think about it.

And finally, if you live in a suburb, bars and clubs are often FAR more strict than if you live in a city or metropolitan area. All my information comes from my personal experience in New York City.

sayhello2mylittlefriend94
1. A bouncer would deny you entrance to the club. He can't legally do anything, like hold you for the police. But let's say that you try to use your fake ID. And a cop just so happens to be right there. If you got caught, the cop could arrest you for that, and he most likely would.
2. Generally, fake IDs, especially one made by someone besides a professional looks fake. Besides the fact that you will look very young, they're generally sloppy.

Rock Firestorm
Rating
Trust me, any ID your friend can "make" will be detected. He can't do teh hologram inside state IDs. Using a fake ID is illegal, you can be fined and it will be on your record forever. Is that something you want showing up on a background check when you become a responsible person some day and try to get a real job? Trust me when I say this, do not do it.

Ps - the person telling you "if the birhtday is correct you will be okay" is probably talking about circa 1980 when you could get away with it. Not today. Again, remember, most people here are simply passing off bad guesses as answers.

Uncle Sanity
If he called the cops, they could arrest you.

If it doesn't look like a license its probably fake.If it does look real, clubs have id scanners that scan the barcode on the back of the ID

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

A (police officer) strike across the U.S.A. (what) ?
I predict tomorrow March 23 2009. 6:10 East coast time.
Michael Savage will call for such a strike.
Reason....
FOUR DEAD COPS......
Why were they killed, because poilitical ...

So if a 16 year old steals a car, then gets chased by the cops, then drives into an apartment complex..?
Then as the chopper and cops are in hot pursuit, he tries to take a turn doing 35 and crashes into the back of MY car while my car is parked nicely in its parking place, so what happens?

<...

What the are the laws for bounty hunters and how can i become one?
Hi everyone. Im in high school and i really want to go into criminal justice, mainly bounty hunting. i live in california btw.
So i have a lot of questions on bounty hunting.
1. Are bounty ...

If your in prison can you write letters back and forth to someone in another unit then you?
like if your in brickeys unit can you write someone thats in wrightsville unit?...

Will she go to jail even if it's her first offense on her record?
My friend got caught shoplifting at Kohl's. It was her first time and they banned her from all Kohl's stores (obviously) and now she has a PTA for Friday. Will she go to jail if it was ...

What age do they stop informing your parents when you have been arrested?

Detroit open carry laws?
I live in Detroit and as a deterrent I thought I'd clean my rifle in the back yard with my dog on the leash, people around here tend to leave those who are "visibly armed" alone. I'...

I was laying in the road with a friend and the cop didnt give us a ticket or anything...?
he asked for our numbers and called our parnets. is it a possibility that i might still have to go to court or get a ticket? i am a minor. would i have to go to juvenile court?

or since he ...

Why are the hard core Bikers in my area rejoicing?
OAKLAND, Calif. - Police said the fourth Oakland police officer shot on Saturday has died at a city hospital.
Additional Details
Police want to help all people so why do the hard core B...

How do you effectively tax marijuana if its made legal?
The problem is the second they made it legal everyone and their mother would start growing it. You can grow tobacco and brew your own beer so they couldn't restrict the growing aspect without ...

What is 2nd degree robbery, 85% in the state of Iowa? Also, what is C and D felony and aggravated misdemeanor?

Were this officer's actions excusable?
http://www.khou.com/news
i noticed a bit of a debate going on in the comments and wanted to see the ole Y!A community'...

What powers do environment health officers use to inspect food premises?
is it food safety act 1990 if so which section I cant find a logical ...

If you call 911 from a cell phone but you cant speak for whatever reason........?
will they know where to send the ambulance/polics whatever?...

What can i take to court on a fix it ticket to show that the car ( i didn't own it the car but was driving) he?
am in long beach calif and have to go to court TODAY...

Will he go to jail please help?
my boyfriend got arrested 5 months ago for assault in the 3rd...so he was court ordered to take anger management classes so hes been going to court each month up until his clases are completed....the ...

Where can I report a people trafficking gang?
I have been tracking a people trafficking gang for a few months. It is a solicitor firm, I spotted them representing in Home office appeals for people who's visa application have been rejected. I...

Did you ever meet Jimmy "The Gent" Burke when he was alive?What was he like?

Do police dogs/drug dogs get confused around police officers?
say for instance you have taken drugs off people during the early part of the shift,you have trace amounts on hands and cloths surely,and if you confiscate them your carrying them, then you end up ...

What are some methods to find someone who doesn't want to be found?
I went to my local PD and asked them if they could try to find my sister and do a wellness check on her and her daughters because she is married to a very abusive person and we haven't seen her ...

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Tuesday, September 2, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links