Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Law Enforcement & Police

Where do you report disturbing the peace?
Find answers to your legal question.

Where do you report disturbing the peace?

Our neighbors are blaring music from their house and our three kids are trying to sleep. This has been going on for an hour now and it's almost midnight. I usually keep to myself about this kind of thing but getting into the midnight hour is a bit ridiculous.

Who do you report this kind of thing to? I thought that calling 911 was a bit harsh.

Copgirl
What city are you in? I will look it up for you. Don't diall 911 unless its an emergency.

Adam
No thats what you do, you just call the police and they will go to the house and talk to them.

Lucy
I would call the non emergency number to the police department

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

Speeding ticket help?
got a speeding ticket in California . for speeding(was going to my sisters baby shower late), red reflector light(on a motorcycle) , and no insurance(just had got the bike). im screwed i don't ...

Can i get an extension to pay a speeding ticket?
i have a $200 ticket due in a few days. problem is im unemployed and have no money to pay it. tried looking for a phone number to call on the registry of motor vehicles website but i have nothing. ...

Did the police arrest Bernhard Goetz, and members of the Guardian Angles, because they don't like competition?

What is the punishment for law violations in Ohio ?

Police searching an unlocked car?
Recently my son's high school had a canine search of every car in the parking lot. If a car was marked by a dog, and the car was unlocked, it was searched. Can the police go into an unlocked ...

Photo radar tickets legal?
was driving in Tempe AZ, got one of those bleep bleep photo radar tickets. This is my my 1st one of those intrusive frickin money drainers Anybody want to advise if they ever got one, what should I ...

I'm going into the army as a human intelligence collector, my main goal is to go SWAT or work for the FBI?
maybe for the tactical unit, i already have schooling for criminal justice and plan to have at least my 4 year degree in criminal justice before getting out of the military, is this a good start to ...

How Do I Fight a Speeding Ticket?
I got pulled over this morning doing 80 in a 90. Firstly, i KNOW i was not going 80 because i had my cruise set at 75 mph. Regardless, i was pulled over in a "construction zone", though it ...

In Texas, is it illegal to make a left turn on a red light?
when ONE WAY traffic is headed to your left?...

Please help. VERY urgent!?
I have a friend who is friends with another girl. The other girl's Dad is WATCHING my friends computer and phone!! Isn't there a law that prohibits this? Isn't that stalking or ...

Voir dire screening should I just say I'm a doctor who pays close attention to detail?
During a screening should I just say I'm a very opinionated Doctor who pays close attention to detail? You wouldn't want to put overly intelligent people on there now would you?
A...

How can such injustices happen in america? is it possible to correct?
i know this guy and hes nice and all. his troubles started before I moved here but his problem is his ex wife and a judge.

He is a father and years ago his daughter lived with him. she was ...

Are cops going to be out looking specifically for smokers on 4/20?
Everyone I know is smoking tomorrow, but I'm starting to think it won't be that chill to do so, bc theres going to be cops like everywhere? idk..what do u guys think?...

I was given a fix-it ticket for not having a valid license. I renewed my license later that day, will it work?
My license has the same date as the day I got the ticket. Should I tell them my license was in the mail when I got my ticket or that I renewed my license at the DMV before I got my ticket?...

Can policemen write tickets out of their jurisdiction?
I often see policemen from other cities or jurisdictions than where I am driving, and I slow down or drive more cautiously. Can they even write me a ticket though?...

MIP record - How do I lookup my record?
I received an MIP when I was in college. I am applying to professional graduate programs and they want me to disclose any criminal convinctions. Bascially, I was given a MIP ticket by a bike cop ...

Who can i report this to / wtf do i do..?
i keep getting calls from a private number on my cell phone, and it's starting to really bug me, one time they didn't call on private and i saved the number though. my dad said our company ...

Are british police officers allowed to carry their own firearms?
i know that only the armed services are issued firearms but im wondering if a police officer owns a firearm is he allowed to carry it round with him?...

Got a DUI in Pennsylvania... whats next? I'm scared?
I am 24 and just got a DUI. I wasn't told my BAC but I'm pretty sure it was through the roof and I had NO BUSINESS driving. I made a turn the wrong way down a small alley that was One-Way ...

Police officers and carrying pistols off duty?
Is there anyplace where a police officer may NOT carry his or her pistol while off duty? I've heard they're not allowed to in bars (off duty) or in some cases, on public airplanes.

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Friday, August 1, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links