Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Law Enforcement & Police

Why cops do have nothing better to do but harass people?
Find answers to your legal question.

Why cops do have nothing better to do but harass people?

i was driving dont the road not speeding or anything cop siting at a light. i saw he was about a mile from then he turns right when i pass. why because im black come on i dont even smoke i have a wife and kids. they eat at my job all the time i just dont understand

?
Rating
Another DWB story - give it a break So you got stopped, what happened? Did you get a summons? Did he let you go?

Maybe he wanted to give you an Obama pin?

Enough of this already - conspiracists and myth mongers alike. Grow up take responsibility. And if you are a guy, at least make your avatar reflect you, not a woman’s.

The so-called mex-cop - uh yeah we buy that story.

sammael_coh
Rating
*sigh* boy this sounds like half of the story.........

~Wingnut Extrodinar~
Are you serious...

Do you think all we have to do is harass people?
The fact that you are of ethnic decent means nothing to us!

Most officers are oblivious to color!
There are just as many moronic white people as there are white...gray...purple..yellow and orange with green polka dots....

God God...quit using your color as crutch....

Mullah Obama
Don't blame the cops, blame the fact that black males while less than 14% of total population comitt over 50% of murder and rape in this country. If you could just get all the bangers and their enablers/supporters to fix themselves, then cops wouldn't look at all of you as criminals.

debbthebee
Rating
Um, did it even occur to you that at the exact moment that you and that giant chip on your shoulder were driving down the road doing nothing, that the big bad officer suddenly was dispatched on a call for service that required him to use the same road you were traveling on at the same time you were traveling on it? MY GOD get over yourself! It is not all about you and I feel sorry for you that you have so little self esteem that you have to fall back on that tired old race card. How boring.

sholangstar
Did he pull you over? Did he drag you out of the car and smack you around a little bit? I don't think your situation is a case of harassment I think you were a little bit paranoid.

coons69
Rating
Stop using your color as a cop out...pardon the pun. I get pulled over all the time, because I speed, talk on my phone, and don't come to full stops, not because of my skin color.

Firefly
Rating
LOL
LMAO
LMFAO
and
LMFAOH
the last H is for Hilariously

benedict_kerry2004
Rating
Maybe because he knew you were a white poster posing as a black person on yahoo

rjrmpk
Okay, how did he harass you? I just don't understand.

Michigan Cop
I guess I don't understand any of this. Where did he harass you? I drive about 130 miles a shift. During that 130 miles of driving, I usually encounter cars on the road, some are even going the same way that I am. I may run the plate on the car in front of me, I may just follow it to see if they are driving drunk. I may just tuck in behind them and shoot radar at the cars coming at me.

I don't follow them because of their skin color. I don't have time and that isn't a crime. I only have 12 hours to find all the crime in my township that I can. That is what they pay me to do.

It IS normal to be nervous if you have a patrol car following you. Heck, most cops are nervous off duty with a patrol car behind them. Again: It's normal. But don't confuse that with harassment.

Trust me, if cops didn't like you, they would not eat where you work. 'nuff said!

Bill C
You upset because a cop turned on a road you were on. Man you should have been in Birmingham in the 1960's. Grow up and be thankful he didn't stop you and turn his dog loose on you for no good reason.

John
Relax dude, I feel your discouragement. Don't take it personal at least you wasn't arrested and detained for no reason what so ever. Laugh it him, smile act white when he approach your vehicle that would get back at him.

Play with him. Tell him what did I do now?

skiphicks2003
Stereotyping. You know just as well as I do that a lot of black males have run ins with the law. Profiling. Its not right but those pigs have their own agenda.

murpman21
Because you black and gay !!!!

Charlie D
Actually cops DO have better things to do than harass people-
But where's the fun in going after criminals, when law-abiding citizens take their sh*t so much better?

ms.franklyndelanoroosevelt
MMMMM,,, Does it really? Or Maybe once the officer runs the Plate and Driving License Ids he ,, will see if the individual has a record history then right there and then he decides ,(this one is a candidate ,,, to be Search? Does the plate says Search Me? when you see this plate number? Believe me some Wierd ,,with these office ,,constantly stop ,,the same individual .

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

I got a perfect criminal record, but lost my job, can bankruptcy disqualify you from being a police officer?

What should the officer's punishment be? "NFL player delayed by cop in hospital"?
NFL player delayed by cop in hospital parking lot as mother-in-law dies
http://www.mercurynews.c
A Dallas police officer drew his gun during a traffic stop ...

Do we still have a right of silence ?
If you commit a crime or misdemenour, we are cautioned in the same way. "You do not have to say anything etc." This is the same if you drop litter or are arrested for murder, however if you ...

Is it illegal for a Iowa State trooper to give a ticket when you are driving on private property, i.e. from?
the gas station at Wal-mart to the Wal-mart parking lot 1/2 block away....

When am I allowed to dial 911 ?
there are things I dont know if they are serious enough to call 911 but then again I dont know what I would do. I live alone and I dont have a car nor friends to drive me. what if I spilled hot ...

What is the best thing to say to the police to keep from going to jail?

How do you think we should deal with offenders?
if you had the power to sentence people for there crimes how would you go about it as you can have two people up for the same crime but yet end up with diffrent sentences i know it depends on there ...

I am 31, 5'1" petite girl. Can I be a police officer? (Nashville, TN)?
I look at some officers and think, "How in the world could they possibly chase an offender if they take off?" I want to be a cop, have since I was a fourth grader. Got busy with life and I&#...

My son refuses to return my car which I lent to him. Do I report it stolen?

Substitute teacher with a gun permit?
I am a substitute teacher who is getting a conceal carry gun permit.I know I cannot carry in the school,but am I allowed to have my gun locked in my car which will be parked in the school parking lot?...

When you have a problem & call the police, do you think they solve the problem or make it worse?

What type of gun do Police officers usually carry on them?
Freshman in college studying to go into criminal justice. Doing a report on detectives/police officer work. Have a question on what type of gun they/you guys carry on you?...

If I am walking down a sidewalk, and the police start asking me questions, do I need to answer?
I was walking down the street at 9 PM and a police car pulls over and starts asking me where I am going and what I am doing, what my name is, where I live, etc...
Do I need to give him a answer? ...

Do you have to stop for a security gaurds car if it has a flashing orange light?
do you have to stop for a security gaurds car if it has a flashing orange light?
Additional Details
could i give them the finger? =P...

What's the longest prison sentence you've done?
what was it for?
what was it like?...

Is it illegal to walk the streets naked?
If so is it ok to have only 1 testi in plain view....

What if you find a wallet, then return it, and then get a complaint of items missing and you never opened it?
my b.f. found a wallet at the oc fair and gave it to me then went to go get his drink. then a witness was pointing at me to another woman, who then came over to me demanding to look in my purse. F...

What would happen if every one on welfare would have to pass a drug test to get assistance?

Why do cops seem to not Know the constitution even though they all take a oath to uphold it?
It seems that in my encounters with the police, which have been a fair amount, they know less about the constitution then I do. They took an oath to uphold it, not me. I don't agreee with most ...

I am a retired U. S. Marshal and I wondered why your Police do not carry firearms for protection?
I HAVE ALWAYS WONDERED THAT. I AM FROM TEXAS AND WHEN YOU GET OUT IN THE DESERT AND THE FLAT LANDS AND YOU ARE TRACKING A CRIMINAL AND MOST OF THE TIME BY MYSELF WE MUST HAVE THEM TO PROTECT OURSELF A...

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Tuesday, October 21, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links