Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Law Enforcement & Police

Why do people drive with their high beams?
Find answers to your legal question.

Why do people drive with their high beams?

people blind you with their high beams do they not relaize how dangerous it is

♥Sunflower
Rating
You are so right. They are blinding. I it is not foggy they should not be using them. And if they do need them to see then in my opinion they should not be driving.

Max B
Rating
For some their headlights are just misaligned and need to be adjusted, for others well, they're just idiots.

julieanthony469
I have no idea, but it irritates me too.

damdawg
Rating
Most don’t know that they have their high beams on. Some can’t see at night and put there high-beans on to see and others are just thoughtless.

Regio
THEY ARE STUPID!!! I hate it too,

kokaneenut
Rating
Some do not realize they are on, others are inconsiderate. In our state it is against the law driving in city with hi-beams on. People do not use them for what they were intended for

Joy
Rating
They drive that way because on a dark road you can see better with the high beams on. You are supposed to turn them off when a car is in front of you or coming at you, but some people forget that they are on. Give them a little flash of your high beams and they will remember and turn them off.

bob
they're just *** holes. also people with ultra-bright fog lights when there is NO FOG.

uimblue
Rating
thats just it they dont know they are doing it

lc_firefighter
well if you have 1 hand on the steering wheel, and 1 hand on the cell phone.... how are you gonna dim your lights? women should have 3 arms. well, i take that back, they would be changing the radio station and i would still be blind.
seriously, the worst thing you could do is turn your high beams on the person who is blinding you. think about it, then you have 2 cars traveling at 55 m.p.h. and neither one can see anything. if someone is blinding you, just slow down and move as far right as possible.

Ness
Rating
I ask myself the same question every morning when I drive to work. These people cant seem to realize that they are blinding the rest of us and cause dangerous driving conditions for the rest of the drivers. They are inconsiderate. At times I wish I could just get on their faces and put my high beams directly on their eyes to blind them as well. Maybe then will they realize how dangerous they make it for the rest of us. GREAT question!

Non-Compassionate Liberal
Rating
They're spying on you. It's a conservative conspiracy.

?
Rating
I drive a 2001 Toyota Tacoma Pre-Runner and my lights are very bright. Every night I go out at least 2 cars flash me to warn me my high beams are on. I got so tired of it I started flashing my high beams at them.

Kokopelli
High beams are meant to be used. You can see a lot farther with high beams than low, and it is a lot safer to use high beams especially on a winding road. The problem is not the high beams. You should identify the problem correctly instead of just implying that the danger is in driving with high beams, which is NOT the problem at all.

The problem is with people. The problem is ALWAYS with people. People are dangerous, NOT the high beams. Until you get this stright there is no point in discussing the issue beyond this point.

AaronKristopher
Rating
It's usualy Redneck A$$ holes with big trucks or truckers. No they are too stupid to figure out that that is dangerous.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

No spaces left in jail?
I may be stupid but why, if there are no more spaces in jails, don't the government arrange for more to be built or extensions built on existing ones. Doesn't this make sense?
A...

How do you honor a fallen police officer?
Somebody killed a policeman today,
and a part of America died.
A piece of our country he swore to protect,
will be buried with him at his side.
The suspect who shot him will ...

If u saw me in a police car.What would u think i got arrested For?
Answer me, i want to see how many crimes i can get accused of....

Officers what would u do if?
if someone wanted help for an addiction and they came to you and asked for help. Would u help them get the help they need or would u arrest them? I am asking ya b/c I have a friend that was ...

Why do people do senseless acts of vandalism?

What can happen to you if you do not pick up a certifed letter?
is it illegal to not pick up a certified ...

Is urinating in public a criminal offence (men)?
I try to find a secluded place....

Whatever happened to the commandment "Thou Shalt Not Kill(Murder)?Wars, Execution of criminals, guns in houses
to kill burlars who may only want to rob. How can America be considered a Christian country when they don't even make the effort to obey one of the simplest commandments?...

Handcuffs hurt!?
i was out on saturday night at a nightclub in town and got into a fight with my boyfriends ex girlfriend. It was just outside the club and before i knew it police were involved and split us up. I was ...

If drug addicts can find dealers, why can't the police do so too?

Why is it wrong to lie to an officer?

The tv licence people keep knocking?
on my door and sending letters Im decorating and live elsewhere but cant be bothered with their clipboards and questions.How far can and will they go?...

Can a cop ticket a parked car for an expired tag?
This happened in front of my apartment. The registration had actually already been renewed but I forgot to put the new sticker on my license plate.
Additional Details
My guess is that ...

If you had a warrant out for your arrest, what would you do?
Where would you go?...

Do you think arresting the girl was too extreme?
A 10-year-old Ocala, Florida girl brought a small steak in her lunch to school and a small kitchen knife to cut it. She now faces a felony charge after being arrested.

I think Florida ...

Do you think the Death penalty deters crime??
does the death penalty keep the crime rate down?...

What happens if i throw juice at a cop?
if i told him "hey dont i pay your salary you p*r*i*c*k in a hat got get me a glass of water " then take the ticket out hjis hand and look it over then throw it at him and throw juice at ...

Is it against the law not to give way to emergency services when have blue light working?
thought the sevices had to obey highway code. who is at fault if service went through red light and caused a death??
Additional Details
so when the emegancy service goes through a red ...

Re; The unlawful killing of Jean Charles DeMenenzes.?
After 2 years of lies and coverup in the case of Jean Charles DeMenenzes unlawful killing by anti-terrorist police on the London underground it seems the truth might now be emerging with the ...

If your car has run flat tyres would they help you get away in a high speed police chase?

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Tuesday, September 2, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links