Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Law Enforcement & Police

Why do the police always put their hand on top of a prisoners head when they are getting into a car?
Find answers to your legal question.

Why do the police always put their hand on top of a prisoners head when they are getting into a car?

Rowan
To stop them banging it and claiming the police did it later.

mychemical_disaster
just to stop them hittting their heads against the side of the car,

fourofsix2003a
Rating
so you dont whack your head on the car door frame.

cajunrescuemedic
Rating
So the prisoner doesn't hit his head on the car while getting in.

bails
To stop them banging their head on the top of the car

lea n jase
Rating
so they don't bang their heads and knock some sence into them.
Also if they harm themselves then most likely try to get compensation

tinkerbell
Rating
so they wont bump their head when they are getting into the car!

Smoochy Poochy
Rating
so they can't bang it an complain of police brutality.

joan k
Rating
So they don't bang their heads and then try to sue the Police

ahsoasho2u2
To stop the person from getting a self inflicted injury?
Also, if you have ever been cuffed behind the back, your balance is altered, so to ensure you do not hurt yourself, by self injury, or accident, we assist you getting into the patrol vehicles back seat.

P.I.
Rating
It is protocol..if you don't like it then don't get arrested.

Bobby Doughnut
I thought it was to see what hair gel they use, or its just to mess up the crooks hairstyle. "Its okay officer, I've got fructis ultra putty to reconstruct my style."

chilebreath
Rating
Nobody in law enforcement wants to admit it but it's really a Zen thing. All cops are taught in the academy that people have a zen aura that surrounds their body, and the path to body Zen Zone is the top of the head. In order to determine the power and strength of an arrestee cops will test their Zen aura by placing their hand of top of a suspects head; this technique also allows the cop to absorb the suspect's Zen and thereby make cop's Zen stronger. It's a hard concept for civilians to understand but every cop knows about. In fact, cops take a blood oath while they're in the academy that they will never talk about the Zen Zone in public or they can be fired. I'm sharing this information because I'm retired and I don't care anymore.

Suzita
Rating
I've always wondered that myself.....I guess it is so they won't bang their heads....but I don't think the police are being nice....its so that the prisoners won't say the police banged them on the head!!

blackmule
They are giving them the blessing.

stainless steven
Rating
to prevent them "shooting upwards"

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

Driving under the intfluence of weed?
How bad is driving up to a mile and a half high?...

I need to find out if I have a warrent out for my arrest in New York state how can I go about this?

Additional Details
P.S. I'm not dumb enough to go IN the police station to ...

I got in a accident with on a suspended license it was not my fault?
My license is suspended for failure to pay for a ticket. I was on my way to church to pick up my daughter when this car made a left turn infront of me and I hit her but I had the right away. Am I ...

Is giving out?
ASBO'S enough to tame the yobs of today? How would you like to keep them inline?
Additional Details
Donna M....Thank you......some just a bit slow to catch on lol....

Can the police seach your home for a wanted person without a warrant and if so how often before it is?
deemed ...

Is it legal for a cop to pull you over when you are parked in a driveway and out of your car?
i was going the speed limit,going to the back of a houseing track. he followed me but not when i turned onto the street. i got home got out of the car and was walking to the house and he pulled up. ...

Do street cops in England carry guns like in the USA? I'm not talking about airport police, but regular street
Do street cops in England carry guns like in the USA? I'm not talking about airport police, but regular street cops. I know about 12 yrs ago they didn't carry guns normally, but has that ...

OJ Simsn hs been cleared of murder and has been proven innocent. Then wy arent the police looking the killers?
Oj is an innocent man. Proven innocentin a court of law.

People should just leave ht ep poor guy alone....

Do you think that police are rather corrupt in society or do their job to serve and protect?

Can the police come into your house for a party if you are 26, and they get a noise compliant?

Why is it that when we have a school shooting, people automatically call the shooter a 'nut' and...?
demand more stricter gun laws--than the ones that are already on the books?

I find it a bit disturbing how we can brazenly *assume* that people who have killed these students--are such a ...

Can i go to jail for this?
stealing from someones locker at school?
Even one thing, or money?...

POLICE officers are not appreciated enough for what they do its the most thankless job ever!?
I appreciate what you guys do....

How can I get a civil restraining order on my ex-girfriend in orlando FL?

If someone say they are going to kill you will they get in trouble,that what my brother in law said to me?

Do British criminals worry about the fact that mindreaders and remote veiwers are assisting the POLICE?
But are not allowed to have the evidence they collect used in a court of law. But GODS honest truth is allowed....

If you are arrested......?
If you get arrested but are later de-arrested does this mean in effect you never got into trouble and there won't be any record of this whatsoever? And would this mean that you wouldn't ...

I passed a DUI test?
i was slightly intoxicated and sleepy after leaving my friends party. i was driving on a curvy road and had cops pull me over. he said it took me a while to react to a green light and that i was ...

I have taken loan from a very rich friend, by signing in a piece of paper. without any term atached. that is?
i have taken loan from a very rich friend, by signing in apiece of paper. without any term attached. that is i keep the loan amount as long as i am able to / willing to pay interest.
now though ...

Can a cop still get you for DUI even if you're pulled over on the side of the road sleeping and resting?
my bf was intoxicated friday night. drove home and realized the freeway was traffic due to construction on the road by caltrans. he then pulled over on the median to sober up and rest because he was ...

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Tuesday, July 29, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links