Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Law Enforcement & Police

Wrong race on a traffic ticket?
Find answers to your legal question.

Wrong race on a traffic ticket?

i got a ticket in the city of pasadena, tx for speeding. i was in a hurry so i didn't read the ticket until i got home. the officer had put my race down as white... but i'm asian. and look nothing white. any chances that i can fight this ticket??

trooper3316
Rating
There is no legal principle requiring a ticket to be dismissed because of an error. A ticket is simply a charging instrument, and the information can be amended at any time.

None
Rating
nope

its just a tiny mistake

pay up

flatbushsam
Making you white instead of Asian does not change the speeding infraction.

Texas Star
In Texas, you're white or black.

Asian is a nationality, not a race.

Whine Whine Whine.......

Copgirl
Rating
Actually, the Officer is correct. Our choices are white, black, and hispanic. If you are asian, you are put down as "white". Go ahead and fight it, you will look like an idiot in court.

VicMres08
I Doubt It.
PayUp.
Cant Fight a Little Mistate

popcap200
Rating
I agree pay your cash to the man

Fred C
You kid, right? Name correct, licence correct, you are properly identified as the driver.
Geez, people ignore the darn laws, and look for piddly little things to get out of their responsibilities. How would you like it if a white guy beat you up adn robbed you, but was allowed to walk out of court unpunished because an officer wrote Mexican in the report?

Another Way to See it
Rating
Sure, you can try. Don't think you'll win. The judge will then ask "where you going over the posted limit" and no matter what, he will believe the officer you were, with no consideration of color.

Bobby
no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no

curiosity_killed_the_cat_1977
Rating
Just for kicks, go in and say it must be a case of mistaken identity as you are most definitely Asian, as they can plainly see. Probably won't make one bit of difference, but maybe it will get a giggle out of the judge and he/she'll go easy on you. =]

Savoir Faire½ Eggroll Jenkins ™
Well, I know here in Washington DC if there is any tiny mistake on a parking ticket, you can fight it and win....Im not so sure about the speeding ticket you received, but it is worth a try to fight it.

chuuey
Rating
you can fight any ticket, depends what your fighting for. you can fight for discrimnation, i dunno lol

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

Is biking while intoxicated illegal in Ontario?
If it is, at what blood alcohol concentration ?...

RANDOM URINALYSIS AFTER A DUI?
my husband got a DUI and when he went to court the judge said he

will have random urinalysis for 12 months. Does this mean he can't drink at all?...

Are mentally retarded people considered minors in the eyes of the law even if they are over 18?
Hi I wanted to know if mentally retarded people considered minors in the eyes of the law in the USA? For example if you assault some one who is mentally retarded yet is over 21 are you charged in the ...

Where can I view the number of speeding tickets I have in Texas?

Were can i watch cops: jacksonville?
online? thanks!...

What do you think it takes to be in law enforcement?

What should I wear when reporting to jail?
I have to report to jail to serve a 6 month sentence later this month and I am not sure what type of clothing I should be wearing when I self-surrender. I was not given any specific instructions, ...

Do people who are diagnosed with tramatic brain injury get a lighter sentence for their crimes?

During police academy do you go home every night or do you stay the entire time your there?
can your family vist you?
do you get leave at all?
how hard is it?
and what is it like there? ( outside alot or inside alot or middle ground?)

I would prefer answers from ...

Could i be any use in the police force?
I have a degree in geography and would like to also join the police force. However i don't want my years of studying something i enjoy just go to waste. Could they be a dept withing the police ...

How do drug traffickers recruit people in transporting illegal drugs? how do they let other people know who?
they are and what they do? can anyone shed some light?...

What happens if you are a run away for only a day?
What if you just took your bike, wrote a note telling your parents you were going to be back by tomorrow, and then left on your bike to a town a hour away when you bike?

Could the police ...

Tell me who STOLED my Cow?
I want my Binky ...

3 years jail for throwing a pair of shoes at a visitor. What did the visitors get for killing innocent ones ?
There is more to it. The Iraqi's may want to see how killers of innocent peoples are dealt with in the USA.
Additional Details
The visitors are 'Black Water' and the ...

If you get pulled over by the police?
if you get pulled over by the police for a traffic stop as in going over the spped limit.not stopping at a stop sign etc.. can the officer ask the passenger for their name or ID...

Can passengers be charged with attempted murder if the driver hits a cop?
3 girls in the car and they are all being charged. You can read the article here. I am just wondering how they can charge the passengers. http://timesnews.net/art You may ...

Is there a unwritten code.if a firefighter dies.a fire fighter in the same crew.should not date his widow?

Where could I buy a British Police Uniform?
Im making a short clip which includes a police officer and I need the uniform for tomorrow, so a shop name (In London) would be preferable, however i would accept internet links also....

Why it is hurtful to jail an innocent person ,and who shares responsibility if discovered his innocence ?

Will I go to jail for failing my first drug test and if I do normally how long will I have to stay in jail?
and can I get my probation probably reinstated?...

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Tuesday, September 30, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links