Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Law & Ethics

CCTV Cameras, are they legal in the toilets of a factory.?
Find answers to your legal question.

CCTV Cameras, are they legal in the toilets of a factory.?

they have been installed at my place of work, and I think its an abuse of human rights, can anyone help.

dlin333
no they are not legal, i would contact the labor board,

Sarah W
as far as i know, cctv or any kind of surveillance in toilets is illegal!
Consult the CAB (citizens advice bureau) for advice

Dont let any employer take the piss out of you

CLIVE H
If you are in a Trade Union, go see your Union representative or shop steward. It may seem an abuse of your human rights but it largely depends on where exactly the spy cams are located. You may have people at work who are doing drugs. Or it could be the boss checking up on just how long the workers spend in the toilets.

If you are not in a union, join one as soon as you can. Protect your rights and get the power of the Unions behind you.

spitfin
Rating
NO WAY is that legal. Complain to every agency you know and or file a police report if necessary! Push it all the way just be prepared to lose you job, unfair i know but it is the bitter truth.

lancashiretasty
Rating
im not sure if they are legal in the actual washroom area..mayb theyre checking to see if u wash yr hands

buttercup
Rating
No, I don't think it is legal to have cameras in toilets.
It's an invasion of privacy. Report it to the proper
people (outside the factory).

raynightporter
Rating
they can be put in the toilet as long as they can `t film in the toilet it self ,
they are there to protect property and to save your jobs by letting people know they can`t smash the place up which costs some work place`s over £5000 a year

ALLAN B
installing c.c.t.v. in toilets is an invasion of privacy .

luddite
Rating
No. Call the police, the managers at your factory are perverts. I also suggest you join a union and get them on side.

fluxpattern®
no way are you serious? this is totally unacceptable.

robert r
you didnt say where you are check with your local procecuting attys office for details on that q. most likely its illegal, but check any way before you do anything

Dry Dreamer
I don't know but it does not sound right

Christopher Griffin
Rating
It depends. They can have the cameras if the factory makes things using gold, silver or other precious metals. They can also use cameras in factories which manufacture microchips and other high value or high tech items. It's known that in pharmaceutical factories they use cameras because of the fact there are controlled substances accessible. It's a method of preventing theft.

You may want to inquire about this with human resources. They are obligated to reply if you believe there is unfair labor practices in effect.

Is this happening in both M and F restrooms?

3 para
Rating
no illegal..

Martin
Rating
No - that's gross!

Snowraider
Rating
I wouldn't think they are legal at all in the toilets for whatever reason. If the law says they are then something certainly need to be done about that. It is sheer perversion and a complete abuse of human rights. Would the powers that be like to monitored while they have a s...!!

cajunrescuemedic
Rating
NO, not at all. Get you a lawyer as soon as you can. That is a total invasion of privacy...not to mention voyeurism.

pookey_2000uk
Rating
Unfortunately so long as the camera's are positioned to only film area's above waist height then they are legal.

The reason for this is quite simple, the camera's are placed on the property of the company and as such they can do what they want with their property. If the camera's are filming below the waist then they are illegal, but if they are not then i think they are legal unfortunately.

Your best bet is to check with your union rep.

tnkumar1
Rating
No, not legal.

Mary J
Rating
I believe they can install the cameras outside of the bathroom door, but not inside. That way they can see what an employee enters the room with, and doesn't appear to come back out with it. However, if the camera can film you while actually "using" the restroom, that is illegal and a major invasion of privacy. Contact your union if you have one, if not then contact the local police. They can tell you who to call if they can't help you. Good Luck!

Mr Chops
Don't worry,,you've been framed will send you your £250

pistilhero
only if they're filmin a cutie like u sweetie

tattie_herbert
Rating
No!
They cannot put cameras in the toilets!
They MUST by law display a warning notice stating that an area is under surveillance, they CANNOT use video footage to discipline anyone, except for theft and vandalism.
Do you NOT have a union?
JOIN ONE NOW!

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

Smokers, if you please!?
The Governor of Georgia, has proposed raising the Tax on Tobacco and Tobacco Products. to pay for Education within the State. Would you Smokers, agree to that. If you knew it would help our Children&#...

Would you seek revenge?
Someone you love deeply is brutally murdered and you know the identity of the murderer, who unfortunately is acquitted of the crime.

*Taken from a book. Curious to hear your answers....

Why can't Pro-Choicers just admit they are Pro-Murder?
Because the whole "I don't agree with abortion but believe in the womans right to choose murder is ridiculous" Scot Peterson was charged with 2 counts of murder for killing his wife ...

Question for ALL smokers -?
How will the smoking ban effect you whilst out in bars and clubs after the July 1st? Are you dreading it?
Will you go to bars and clubs as often or will you hibernate in Winters?
I am not ...

How can the government allow a product that says smoking kills to be sold?
I dont know of any other product on sale that says this kills you
and is allowed to be sold i think it is incredible
i know the government makes a fortune out of it but i just

If i was selling a teddy called Mohammed...?
would anyone buy it??

Im thinking about designing and buying a shed load of cuddly toys from a factory in the North of England. My plan was then to have each teddy embroidered with the ...

Can i drop out at age 16 ? teacher sed no cause of court ?
she sed the court will chose if yes or no to drop out at age 16 ?

live in lexington kentucky usa

yes i know i need parent signature but court if yes or no ? cause i missed ...

Is it against the law to NOT pay for your child's funeral with the life insurance check??
I know its sorry but I was wondering if there is actually a law against it. My 9 month old grandbaby died and instead of the "dad"(I use this term loosely) paying for the funeral, ...

Can the war on drugs be won?
The governor of Florida recently stated that he wants to start executing drug dealers and that he can win the war on drugs.
Can the war on drugs be won if this policy is implemented?...

Can my employer stop me from telling people my current rate of pay?
I live in Duluth, MN USA. Please state the law/rule/ordience if you find one thank you.
Additional Details
Why? I don't care for your opinions, I just want fact. Lets say this ...

Can I sue for inaccurate background report?
I successfully interviewed for a job and most likely had the job until my background check came back with Armed Robbery,Sale of Narcotics which I was not convicted of...this was not the first time ...

Do you pay child support on bonus or overtime pay ?
My employee makes $320 wk on 40hrs and gets another $150 on overtime. But we slow down in the winter. Do they base it on 40 hrs , or yearly ? ( in arkansas )...

Would you favor a 3 strikes law for abortions?
It seems to me that one of the greatest fears of the pro-life crowd is that without regulation, people will use abortions as a form of birth control which I agree is wrong. So, in that line, would ...

Should marijuana be legal?
Marijuana is just as bad as cigarettes and alcohol, so why should it be excluded. other states are beining to agree, such as colorado. so why are we so worried about it. it would keep more people out ...

Why is marijuna illegal?
I never understood why marijuana is illegal. It's been scientifically proven that is nor a physically addictive or brain damaging drug. Only a small percentage of marijuana smokers use it on a ...

Should a library in a Black community be forced to carry books by the KKK?

Additional Details
This question concerns a fundamental misunderstanding of the first ammendment.

The right to free speech means you can say or publish anything you want.

Should the government reduce taxes on cigarettes to make smoking more affordable for young people?
Right now I have to work for 1 hour just to be able to afford a pack, this has got to stop!...

If one innocent person is executed, is the price too high to keep using capital punishment?
I challenge anyone to prove that no innocent person has ever been executed in the US....

In some states prositution is legal , do u agree or oppose that it stays legal?

Should an obese person get the privelage to park in a handicap spot?
At work today there was a gentleman in a wheelchair (who is legitimately handicapped) who couldn't park in the handicapped spot because someone who is overweight parked there due to his handicap-...

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Saturday, October 25, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links