Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Law & Ethics

Can I be charged for resisting arrest?
Find answers to your legal question.

Can I be charged for resisting arrest?

If I am not being arrested?

Lets say I get pulled over and the cop goes back to his car to write a ticket and I begin to resist arrest in my car then stop when he comes back.

Jeff
Rating
If you're being arrested for resisting in your car then that arrest can be resisted, unless you're already arrested outside of your car for resisting on the original arrest. But, if you're not being arrested for resisting on the 2nd arrest then you have to be resisted for the arrest that you were original resisting on. I hope this clears this all up.

me
LOL

dmvariety
Rating
Yes and killed.

Scott
Smart move you drive off and he has your driver license and your plate number. maybe they could say your were attemting to flee...

BP Agent
Rating
LMAO wow. How do you do that?

shnnn_dodge
Rating
It would depend on the cop and the manner in which you are resisting.

bill l
deeeeaaammm!!

eatonwrite aka dryBri
Rating
You can be charged with anything they want.

getting convicted is a whole 'nother story.,

Papi
It depends, what are you resisting if you're not being arrested? And if you stop resisting, then you can't be charged with resisting, I would think you can only be charged with "kinda resisting", but I don't know how much that charge would hold up.

Deep T
My understanding of this law is, anytime you are detained by an officer, you should consider yourself under arrest. So ANY resistance would most likely result in you being charged.

Artman
Rating
No but you can be send to a mental istitution for evaluation.

La_Honey
try this http://www.theslant.com/soapbox/articles/sea_rights.html

sea_sher
If he isnt near you, what are you resisting? Your question makes no sense at all. Where do you come up with these ridiculous questions. You must sit there all day thinking these up.

JM86
Rating
Cops can pretty much arrest you for looking the wrong way.

ktray1275
Rating
you would have to drive off for that to happen in which case theyd also charge you with fleeing and eluding

Dina D
Rating
You're a moron. Sitting in your car while he writes a ticket in his car is not resisting arrest.

Migs
ahhhhh yeaaaaaahhh

Dave T
Rating
Resisting arrest in your car by driving off, that's the only way I could think of. I guess you could resist arrect just by sitting there and keeping your mouth shut, that way he won't have any reason to arrest you, therefore not arresting you.

Mike
Rating
theres a retard at every intersection

Avalon von Aldaran
Rating
I don't know about that but why don't you come over and I can put you in my hand cuffs so i can strip search you?

I_Love_McRedneck
Nah, the cop already saw you have no teef (teeth, for those of you who don't get it) so he's gonna make you perform 'favors' on him instead.

SoCalHeather
You answered your own question. If you're not being arrested, how can you resist? Maybe I'm not understanding the question.

If you get pulled over and then drive away, that's resisting arrest. You can't resist arrest in your car while the cop is writing a ticket. When he comes back to give you the ticket, if you verbally and/or physically abuse the officer, you would be resisting arrest. All arrest means is to stop. So if he stops you for a traffic violation, technically you're being arrested, be it only temporarily.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

What is the legal age you should stop getting whipping?
is there a legal age you should stop getting whippings and when is ...

Should the United States still carry the death penalty?
Is there a need to sentance a criminal to death for a crime they may or may not have committed? I don't see how sentancing someone to death for a crime they may or may not have committed can ...

I got a ticket for speeding im 18 should i tell my parents?

Why does America have the death penalty when most countries don't allow it?

Is this legal? Can I get out of this?
Here is a scenario:

I was asked to purchase a home for someone who has the funds to make the mortgage payments, but is in the process of getting his residence in order (so technically he ...

If ther is non-smoking places or rooms to be made smoking why can't everyone just get along?
I just feel that my rights as a smoker has been stripped.This is a free country last I heard.I try to respect others and they try taking my rights.There can be smoking and non-smoking places.As for a ...

Why do we keep people in prison that never has a chance to get out?

Additional Details
Isnt it a waste of money keeping them there?...

Death penalty in britian?
what are your thoughts on bringing the death penalty back to britian? the latest news here is that a womans husband was virtually kicked to death by boys that are 16, 17, and 19 years of age, and all ...

I wanna be a lawyer when i'm older. Any tips ?

Should people be allowed the right to assisted suicide ?
With many people suffering from various form of illness regardless of what kind and others simply emotionally not able to handle things do you think that people should be allowed the right to die in ...

Social Services took our son from us! Why?
We have a 3 year old son with developmental problems and problems growing. We have been taking him to a doctor to have him treated with this since he was 4 months old! He even gets behavioral therepy ...

Why do we use sterile needles on criminals condemned to death?

Can someone give me good answers??
i asked a question about juvy and all i got was i okay answer??
my question was:
How bad is juvy??
I have entered juvy but not stayed there
im not a CRIMINAL!!!!
i just got ...

Can a teacher legally do this?
Someone (not me) emailed a radio station and said that it was my english teachers 70th birthday. He/she recorded it and sent it to me, and I put it on youtube. She found out and told me that it was ...

Who thinks child molesters should be put to death????
11 points for best answer
Additional Details
I think they should and have it be the most painful slowest death possible....

Is this fair and legal?
If an employee was entitled to an annual raise (on their doh) and the employer did give the raise until about a month later, should that employee be entitled to back pay for the time that he/she didn&...

Can I sue drugstore for selling expired cough drops?
I purchased some HALLS cough drops from a local CVS pharmacy and they had expired in 03/2006, I am interested in seeing if I have some grounds for a law suit THANKS
(I have receipt)...

Whats so wrong about being american?
why is it so wrong to be "so american" like when someone says "....your so american" and Usually your first reaction would be "...how am i so american"?? why is it that ...

Public Smoking Ban?
Do you think there should be a public smoking ban? List three reasons why there should or should not be one....

Is it right? Don Imus has been fired for "inflamatory remarks", but Howard S. has ....?
...said much worse and he is till on the air and more famous than ever before in his career. Also, if a black comentator had, said,"those cracker ho's", would he/she had been fired? My ...

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Saturday, October 25, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links