Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Law & Ethics

Can I still collect unemployment if I get fired for being late, also after receiving 3 written warnings?
Find answers to your legal question.

Can I still collect unemployment if I get fired for being late, also after receiving 3 written warnings?

KIZIAH
Rating
No, 'fraid not.

If they have written you up three times for being late, they have all the documentation they need to prove that you were forewarned and given every opportunity to amend your ways.

Dana1981, Master of Science
I don't think you can get unemployment if you've been fired for a valid reason, and chronic tardiness is a valid reason.

usmctanker1962
NO and there is no Santa Clause either.

Sir Hard & Thick
Rating
to put it simply, NO!

str8talker
nope

aaron h
get a job , go to work , follow the rules

avenger
you must be a liberal union employee.

Alex
The answer is maybe. Do go to the unemployement office in your area and apply. The worst they can do is say "NO".
The best that can happen, you may have to wait 6-8 weeks before being elgible to collect.

You have nothing to lose, apply.

You can also check out other jobs while you are there.

What was the situation that caused you to be late so many times at your previous job? You may want to look for one closer to home or leave earlier so this doesn't happen. Most employers have a real problem with tardiness.

alot of nadda
i sure hope not.

Scott B
Rating
No, not until your 8 week wait/pentality period. but is have a good excuse each time and others are late and nothing happens to them, yes, you have a a could case to sue or grieve if it if you a union shop

Info_Please
Rating
Depends on the company - if you apply and the object, then probably not. If you apply and they don't object, then probably.

vikings_41
Rating
It really depends who fills out your paperwork and what boxes are checked. Some employers when they fire you will just put down some general reason and not get specific. this is to your advantage when collecting unemployment because the Agency has no clear idea why you got fired. if the company puts down on your record the exact reason you gave above, you will be denied.

Whats so hard about getting to work on time? You need to prioritize and take pride in your work

debia2001
Rating
If your employer has back up documents on your attendance issues and written warnings you won't ever be able to collect unemployment from that employer's account.

MSJP
Rating
No...you can only collect if you were employed 5 Months or more and you were laid off.

If you quit or get fired, you cannot collect.

RE
Certainly not. Nor can you keep any future job with an attitude like that.

Cysteine
Rating
Nope. If you did something to merit your dismissal, then you get nothing. In the future, you may want to be more responsible, and accoutable for yourself, or the same will happen.

osageavenger
Rating
yep,my buddy got fired after working 2 1/2 years and collected unemployment

pootfart3
Yes, you can collect unemployment even if you're fired or layed off. As long as you don't quit a job and your job pays into the unemployment fund then you can collect.

Maddie
Rating
Yes you can file a claim to collect it but your employer can deny it I believe.

Skooz
I once collected unemployment after being fired for smoking dope on the job, so you should be fine.

Leiliannie
I recently got fired for callin in late..... i live in las vegas and use to work in primm, wich is 45 mins. away from vegas. the job provides an employee bus that gets u over their they charge $3.00 to go and $3.00 to come bak so $6 a day...! The bus piks up ppl every hour and 25 min. i use to go in at 6am so imagin i would have to catch my bus at 4:25am. to get their an hour early n would have to wait to clok in. if i would catch the 5:25 bus i would arrive right on time or depending on traffic or if bus would get their late 5 to 15 mins late......if u would get their 1 min late to da bus stop the bus would b gone nd u would have to wait an hour for da other one..i would frecuently get late for work....for the reason that the bus would eatheir would pik us up a couple min. late or traffic..... one day i called in to let my manager know i was gonna b late because the bus had left me he told me it was very busy and that i was fired ....... do u think im still able to get unemployment.....??? pls help and thankk u..

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

If I witness a gang banger spray painting graffiti on my house, am I legally able to shoot him?
Or do I have to just watch him destoy my property while the police drive over?
Additional Details
Joanne, it's a hypothetical. My neighborhood is not yet infested with gang banger ...

Do you agree with the death by hanging sentence handed down to Saddam Hussein?
I think he should just rot in jail, the free world is not for the death penalty, and it seems we are pushing our culture on them so why wouldn't our governments try to persuade otherwise, like ...

Reason to support the death penalty?

Proper attire to wear to court?
I am going to go to court today to fight a ticket i received in the summer, and am now dressed in a black business suit with gray shirt and pink tie... is this too much? ...

Do you think that students should be suspended and/or expelled for bullying and harrasing?

Can I get a felony removed from my record?
it was a drug arrest for purchsing heroin...i am clean for three years ...

If murder were legalized, would more people be murdered?

Do you think there should be a law that says to only speak English?
For example, if someone is speaking some other language in a public place or home, should he be required to speak english only?
Additional Details
And live ...

How to stop teenagers from committing crimes?
How can the problem be ...

Why are Americans so afraid?
Whenever I get into a discussion about guns with Americans (I'm Canadian) they claim they need to have a hund gun, to protect themselves.

From what? The boogeyman?

They'...

Death penalty - who thinks it should be applied to rapists and child molesters?

How old do you have to be...?
to drop out of high school in the US?...

Are my servants right to protest at my charges?
I pay my servants between £50 and £130 per week, and charge them each between £30 and £70 rent to sleep in their quarters. Apparently this is amount is 'crippling', especially given that I ...

Can two people be assigned the same social security number?

Someone stole my identity n im 15!!?
My unlce stole my ssn when i was small and now they cancled my health insurance and they told me that they want copies of my checks n stuff. now i have to pay for something when i turn 18. I dont ...

If a pharmacy tech yelled out the name of medication you were taking, can the pharmacy be sued?
Especially if it was yelled out in front ogf the general public (other customers) And if so how can you sue them?...

Can I sue? (Please HELP) My life was at risk. Serious lawsuit question...?
I was feeling ill, so went to my local clinic. There, the doctor gave me an injection for migraines without even running tests. I thought I would feel better but days later I was still feeling very ...

Is Guantanamo bay American Soil?

I've been caught shoplifting twice. What's going to happen now?
The first time i got caught shoplifting was 3 years ago. Just recently, I decided to steal a can of soda from a grocery store. I had a bag of groceries I had already bought, and put the can of soda ...

I wore a veil on my wedding day. Should I have been banned from the church for security reasons.?

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Sunday, December 21, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links