Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Law & Ethics

Can a criminal record keep you out of the army?
Find answers to your legal question.

Can a criminal record keep you out of the army?

When I was a minor I got in trouble with the law twice. I was told that my file would be closed after I turned 18 and it would be like it had never happened. The army is also short of people to it seems. Beggers can't really be choosers. What do you think?
Additional Details
Both were plea bargin deals when i was a minor

Skuya!!!
Rating
i had a minor record, nothing big, but i went in the army at 17, they didn`t check or care, but you can at 18, now they can`t check, it is sealed, even to them, but if you apply for a top-secret clearance, they will check. And they will find out everything.

newt_peabody
Rating
Go serve your country.

Eagle
it won't keep you out of the army, but it could prevent you from having certain jobs. According to what your offenses were. It shouldn't keep you from doing any of the fun stuff like driving tanks or using explosives. So go enlist and have fun.

ohk9cop
yes a felony will keep you out of the armed forces and also any pending case will stop you from entering until it is resolved. In your case as a juvenile your "crimes" will not be a problem. Juvenile cases are not considered crimes they are deviant acts so you are fine to go and serve.

Proud mama of 3 boys
Rating
depending on what kind of trouble you got your self into, is what will decide whether or not you have a career in the army. Minor things such as trafic tickets and minor fighting is fine but if you are a child molester, a killer or caused a felony it is highly unlikely you will be able to join.

Big Jimi
Join up,if there's an issue they will let you know!

shaun
Rating
depends how bad an offence it was. the australian army needs more people so they will take you with a minor criminal history

tommy w
depends on the crime. it may not keep you out but might keep you from becoming an officer. check with a recruiter. they'd luv to meet and talk with you.

?
Trust me...they really don't care that you have a record. My son joined the Army long before the war broke out and he had a record too. Go and enlist and be careful.

NW_iq_140
Check with your recruiter- but dont tell him it is you.

You can get into more trouble if they find out about it after you are enlisted.

Daniel K
Don't take any chances. Rob a liquor store tonight.

cjlintexas
depends but leave it alone. If they find out latter..well heck you forgot. Serious that is what I would do. Chances are, unless it was way serious, or you are needing top secret clearances it will never be found out.

Tammy C
They'll take ya!!! Just don't get in any more trouble.

Kay
Rating
I think you need to find a trade school and learn a way to make a living.

fatcat
It'll probably help you get INTO the army :P

me
Rating
You're record never goes away.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

Who else thinks smokers should be given this choice: quit or sign away medicare privileges?

Is it illegal........
to order pizzas to someone else's house????...

Why should there be help for the subprime crisis?
It seems to me most of the subprime crisis is driven by typical consumer greed "I have to have the bigger better thing" like getting a fancy car you cant afford. Why should tax dollars go ...

Is it against the law to eat while driving?
i need a lawer or someone to tell me if it is illegal to eat while driving in connecticut, i also heard its illegal to drink coffee but you could drink tea while driving...anyone?...

Do you think lethal injection is the best method for capital punishment?
Will the criminals really be "punished"? Is it too passive for them?
If yes, why?...

What type of lawyers make the most money?

Who currently contains legal right of my daughter?
I want to file for a name change for my daughter and am currently reading about the legality of the whole process. The website where I am reading states, "Written consent to the name change must ...

Is it illeagal to lie/leave things out on a CV? UK?
Could a person be prosecuted under UK law? Or is it only the job you risk losing if caught?
Additional Details
Sorry- illegal....

I hit the deer on road where was no sign caution about deers at all , can i go to court to make the city pay?
is the city responsible for it ? would the pay for my damage of the car or it all on me ?...

My daughter was raped in her teachers home. Am i able to sue the home owners insurance for damages to her.?
Is the home owners insurance cover any services since this was an injury that happen at his house.
Additional Details
I have went through 11 months of pain with my daughter. We have done ...

Who else thinks the Black College Fund is Racist and Discriminatory? Is there a White College Fund in place?if
not why not? Equal is supposed to be fair you would think so Why not start a White College Fund as there are millions of poor Whites being discriminated against and ignored. This is an Epidemic and ...

Have you ever been intimated by the younger generation or attacked by them?
do you think the parents should be held responsible pay fine or should the yobs be made to work till the fine and repairs are paid off
Additional Details
no dog iam not the guy that is ...

Did you choose to be an organ donor when you recieved your license, why or why not?
Also, what are the pros and cons of it?

I chose yes, but only based on my want to help others....

What's the weirdest/funniest law you know of?
I'm from Herefordshir in England and here it is the right of an Englishman to use a long bow to shoot a Welshman if he is on the cathedral grounds on a Sunday...
Fact.
Mental aint it?!...

Do you think the government is to blame for booze related crime numbers soaring?
to be honest i (& half the world probably) could see this coming even before the 24 hour licencing law was introduced!!
& Do you think we should go back to the pub hours we had before?<...

Why are people allowed to live on "death row" for so many years?
And why do some states not have the death penalty?

This idiot kid that shot and killed his principal needs a speedy trial (like on Monday), and a public hanging on Tuesday. Sorry...that...

What is your opinon on Gun Control in the U.S.?

Do you smoke? And... what do you think about the new laws most states have or are adopting?
Most states have made it unlawful to smoke in public places. What do you think about the new laws that say you can't smoke in restaurants or even bars and not within 25 feet of the entrance ...

If smoking's so bad for you, why don't they ban the manufacturing rather than tax the ones who are addicted?

Which is more of a tragedy; The death of an adult or the death of a child?
Which is more of a tragedy; The death of an adult(who knew they could possibly die in combat and choose to join the military anyway) or the death of a child(that you were too p#ssy to try to take ...

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Thursday, December 18, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links