Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Law & Ethics

Can i still become a nurse if a have a charge of second degree assault and reckless endangerment?
Find answers to your legal question.

Can i still become a nurse if a have a charge of second degree assault and reckless endangerment?

I was a victim of domestic violence and abuse for eight years with my sons father.In 2008 my sons father beat and choked me, to defend myself i grabbed a weapon to scare him off. Therefore, out of fear he tried to take the weapon which then we fell to the floor and he was hurt and had to seek medical attention. He thought that i report he to the authorities so he twisted his story and said it was self defense on his behalf of why he choked me. Although, he new i worked at the hospital it was still a form of control to end my career and my job. But my boss was aware of the past bruises, and they still let me keep my job as a certified nursing assistant. Will this prevent me from going to nursing school

queenE
Rating
when you apply to nursing school they will ask on the application if you have been arrested charged convicted of anything.they will check you out.even if they didn't you have to take state boards in your state and they won't allow you to sit for the test.what to do is get a lawyer(not sure if you got probation or sentenced)but when time is up just have it expunged from your record(you can only do this once) so in essence you do and can have another chance.

ben t
Rating
get your boss to write out a recommandation for you

Shari A
No, you can still go to nursing school.

YOU"RE NEW NEIGHBOR
Rating
no

roderick_young
Should be okay. Be sure to get a letter of recommendation from your boss at the hospital for nursing school, even explaining their take on the assault charge. It will also help if they state that they have never seen you act harshly with patients as a CNA, for (fill in) years. Also how this is very out-of-character for you, and must have been self-defense, in their opinion.

Does not play well with others
Rating
It shouldn't, but you could ask whatever school you're planing on attending.

Nica
NO

Your Answers PS: Hope i Helped
Rating
not to insult you but
how do we know your not twisting the story
never mind none of my business

and if this story is true then
Yes i believe so

James B
I am not sure. You didn't say weather or not the charge led to a prosecution and is on your record. A lot of students graduated from nursing school just to be denied the ability to take the NCLEX for stuff like a drug charge etc. Now our school does state and federal background checks before they accept a student into the program. I suggest that you get this thing resolved and check with the school that you want to go to. Nursing school is very hard and you do not want to go through it if you can't get to complete the NCLEX.

moneydip23
Probably not, I would just apply for a few jobs and if in the interview they decide to consider you then you should tell them before they pull the CORI check, if they are just suprised with those records they won't give it to you, but at least if you have mentioned it then they might get around it. Good Luck, thats a tough charge.

Lisa K
Rating
The answer could vary from state to state and will be mandated by state law. You might want to check with the Nursing board in your state. You also could ask at the nursing schools you are thinking of applying to as they could have additional requirements.

It will also depend on where you stand on the charges- usually what they want to know is if you were convicted of a felony. If the charges were dropped or if you were not found guilty it should not have an impact.

Bindy
Rating
It shouldn't effect going to school. But, it might effect getting a nursing job somewhere else only if it is on your record. Hospitals will check.

do you luv charlie the unicorn
Rating
i actually think that that would help you MAYBE get over it... possibly

Chris
If you havent violated any terms of parole or anything like that it should be fine.

barefoot
Rating
legally, yes. you can still be a nurse, you never had a court or police record. Psychologically, no. you are a victim of domestic violence and this will affect patient's care. Ask profesional help. Go to a Psychiatrist for a therapy.

Bob D
Rating
Sorry, but I dont think so.

gunsnake
I wouldn't want you as my nurse

Austin
YOU-ARE-******

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

Should someone be imprisoned for life if they commit murder?
I belive there are worse crimes than murder, such as rape,that is all I can think of at the moment, murder, to me is almost humanitarian work....

Need help writing an apology letter to school security guard.?
I accidentally hit him with my car when he tried to stop me from leaving campus for lunch by jumping in front of me as I left. I got a ticket for it and also have to write an apology letter. HELP!...

Should you need a licence to have children?
I think that people shouldn't be able to have children unless they can prove that they are able to maintain them without 100% reliance on the UK benefit system.
You have to have licences ...

My nephew is locked up and could be facing 5-7 years. Should I bail him out?
His mother (my sister) is deceased and his dad is not on the set. If I bail him out it would be with 10% nonrefundable cash to the bondsman. He will most likely do time anyway. Should I let him have ...

Why is marijuana illegal but tobacco isn't?

If you could make a law!!!?
If you were allowed to add any law to the books, what would it be? Or add to a law already being enforced? How tough would you be to make sure it was enforced? Just interested in knowing what your ...

What are your views on Affirmative Action?
Your honest ones?...

So are they ever going to LOWER THE DRINKING AGE...????
Im 25..but,I was just wondering if they are planning on lowering the drinking age to 19 or 20??And,what can be done to lower the drinking age?...Why wouldnt the government want more money...They ...

Should teens be tried as adults for heinous crimes?
pretty much what the question asks. do give your valued opinions. if you have any sources, please post them. thanks....

Please help.....I have been summoned to a grand jury as a witness.....?
what happens during this session?...

What responsibilities does a landlord have to a tenant?

Additional Details
and by the way threatening to terminate my agreement if i cause too much ...

Who is the rightful Heir?
This is a little complicated so I will be as brief as possible.

My mum had 2 children before I was born, then got divorced and married my dad, and then they had me.

They bought ...

Should child molestrators be immediately castrated?
Should child molestrators be immediately castrated?...

"GAY Marriage"-should it be legal?
Give an agrument in favor of Gay Marriage that can't be turned around in order to give poligomers and people that want to marry pets a right to marry as well.-Serious answers only....

Why is "affirmative action" or "employment equity" offensive?
I've often heard people claim that affirmative action (or, "employment equity") is discrimination against Caucasians. However, I believe it is actually a method for giving qualified ...

My license Expired in November of 2008 how do i go about getting my license Back?
I want to go back to work at the nursing home but my license expired in November 2008. I want them back....

Why are people always executed at dawn?
I have a horror of all methods of capital punishment. But I wish they would at least carry out this, may be necessary, ritual at some decent time in keeping with the body clock.

It seems ...

Someone (friend) has given out my address for his mail without asking me - is this illegal?
We have started receiving mail for a friend of mine - he didn't mention anything about it beforehand, and denies he did anything now. However it's a pretty big coincidence that a company ...

Should we ban young children in public places?
I dont like children and dont want to have to deal with other people's kids.

***Coming from people wanting smoking banned because they dont like it****...

What do you think about the jena 6?
I think they got what they deserved. I am not a racist person but I belive that all of those people should be charged with at least battery if not attempted murder. What do you think....

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Tuesday, September 2, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links