Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Law & Ethics

Can iowa felons own guns?
Find answers to your legal question.

Can iowa felons own guns?

can an iowa felon own guns after a waiting period

flika
Rating
No, federal law prohibits any person with a state or federal felony conviction from possessing a firearm.

And penalties are steep.

big_mustache
Rating
No felon may legally own a firearm.

joseph s
definitely not he or she wouldn't pass the background check when trying to purchase. don't be stupid and buy one black market. cuz he or she will either get caught by the law 5+ yrs. in the slam or he or she may come up on someone like me a ccw

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

Can you be charged for petty theft when no actual ID is shown?
If you got caught stealing and you gave them information about you, but did not have an ID to show them, can you still be charged for it? just wondering.....

Movies about medical malpractice?
I am looking for a movie about medical malpractice. It can be anything from malpractice to insurance fraud. I am open to any suggestions. I am doing this for class and my teacher gave to movies as ...

What would the penalty be for a H.S. teacher asking students for and using chewing tobacco on school grounds?

It has been 8 months since this person had owed me for losing my gps and laptop. Can i sue ?
I need my gps and laptop...if not I want money.
What should I do?...

If a state enacts a law that violates the US constitution...?
Who can enforce that law? (only that state? only the federal gov't, no one?)...

How can a minor get their first name changed?
how can a minor get their first name changed with parent consent, i hate my name and i get made fun of and how can i convince my parents to do it, i get made fun of for having a boy ...

Swimming Pool Codes regarding Fence & Barriers?
I'm confused?? I need to purchase a fence for my in ground swimming pool... now my property is already fenced in with a 6' high fence so this will be an additional fence only around the ...

Do we have any rights-UK employment/holiday's?
My hubby asked to take 7 days holiday in June 09, but his boss said no-apprantly he has to take them in July or August because June is "too busy"
Basically my hubby told his boss that ...

A question about owning a gun and a felony from the 70's?
Okay, basically I know this guy who got into some problems and was charged as a felon back in the 1970's. He stole a car from New York and drove it to Atlanta or something very similar to that. H...

I signed our 2009 form but forgot to get my wife's signature. What should I do? I mailed it in on 4/13/09.?

Can you be charged with something without a court date?
my friend was charged with family dispute or domestic violence with her sister but wasn't given a court date didn't serve any time but its on her record is that ...

Arguments against trial by jury?
hello, i come from a country ruled by civil law, i dont really know much about common law....

How do i know if my doctor violated my privacy rights?
i went to the doctor and he proceeded to discuss some very personal info in front of the person i took with me. if i would have known he was going to ask about these things i would have asked the ...

Difference in policing in usa?
i recently saw a police programe in the USA there seems to be 3 types of poilce. theres the police, the state troopers, and the national guard.
the same seems to apply in Spain there again 3 ...

What should I include in my speech about changing views about marijuana?
I am writing a speech. My topic is changing views about marijuana. My purpose is to persuade people to believe that marijuana is not a bad drug. Can I have any tips, pointers or can you tell me what ...

What can we do to prevent youth in failed-states from becoming pirates or entering crime?
Personally, I believe that pirates that are captured should be prosecuted to the full extent of the law, and those that pose an immediate threat should be dealt with accordingly (kudos to the SEALs). ...

Questions about an intellectual property contract at work?
Ok so at my company they gave us new non-compete/confidential information contract to sign. I have signed these in the past but the one we received includes quite a bit about intellectual property. I ...

Dismissed on 7th April 09 for intimidating behaviour, with a start date of 23/4/08.Investigations were not con?

Additional Details
Dismissed on 7th April 09 for intimidating behaviour, with a start date of 23/4/08.Investigations were not conducted fully (Requested to re-investigate certain ...

Missouri Child Custody Laws?
Alright, my friend Travis from work wife just left him and his two kids. She just dissappeared and is seeing some 19 yo kid now. My friend wants to take his kids and leave state and live with his ...

Angry father trying to take kids because of child support increase?
Two weeks ago my childrens father and I went to court to get child support increased. He was only paying 160 a month, and they increased it to 79 a week. He was mad.
He never really spent much ...

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Friday, July 25, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links