Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Law & Ethics

Can my boss call me and cancel a shift when he want's?
Find answers to your legal question.

Can my boss call me and cancel a shift when he want's?

Ive been working for my job for 3 months now, and my boss keeps cancelling shifts sometime's they give me a few day's notice, sometimes they call me a few hours before i start work, today they rang me and left a voicemail on my phone, i didn't check my phone travelled the 7 miles (two buses) to work and then they said ''we left a message to say you weren't at work today) on closer check of my phone the message was left a 4oclock, i start work at 5, i set of to work at 3:50 PM.

Is this legal?

Danny
Yes it is legal.. You need to try to work out a better system of communication .. Some jobs , such as dock jobs , do just that.. if it turns out to be slow the last hired gets told not to come in .. Just be thankful this day and age you have a job..

C
Rating
Yes they can. if they dont need you then they can. My job calls me all the time changing the time I should go in. Sometimes earlier sometimes later.
What you should do is CALL them right before you leave the house. Talk to the supervisor EVERY DAY you are suppose to go in. To double check what time you should be there. I had to start doing that to make sure I wasnt going in too early or too late!

Joe from WI
It could be they have no work for you to do. It could be "corporate is short of money". Anyway, you are entitled to know why the shifts were canceled.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

How does the emancipation process work?
It's for a project--about a girl who emancipates herself from her mother. I'm writing a journal that's going to be from her perspective as she goes through the process. Thanks!...

Tenants being relocated for renovation. Owners are ignoring relocation law and doing it illegal. Plz help?
My apartment complex is being renovated. The new owners of the complex, I don't trust them. The complex I live on is a Section 8 property which means the rent goes accordingly to your income and ...

What should the government do to enforce future ponzi schemes will not happen again?
With the recent events of Bernard Madoff and every thing going down the tube; what should the government do? Impose stricter laws or regulations? Increase audits? Basically, how can WE as a nation ...

A baliff has walked into my cousins house and looked at her on the toilet what can I do about it?
The two males walked up the stairs and while she was on the toilet in their view asked her question about her name. They did not move just stood there watching her using the toilet. What crime is ...

WhatI am looking to legally purchase a SHOTGUN in NY state with a NJ license? Can I? would you like to ask?
I currently live in NY state. There is a really big gun show this weekend and I am looking to purchase my first shotgun.

I have a NJ license with my permanent address. I rent a property ...

Does a request to waive the hospital bill cause any trouble to my stay in usa?
I went to ER last month and got a bill about $1100. I am a low income person and I want to request the hospital authority to waive the bill. Does this activity effect my credit history or any other ...

To suit someone on Civil court is necessary send a letter informing the defendant?
The suit is almost 10K and it includes bad checks that already have a warrant. That's in NEvada. I sent the certified mail, the person was not there and they left a note to pick up but she never ...

Can my grown son get his own copy of his birth certificate?
he is in college and needs a copy of it, but he lives in a different county, same state. or do i have to go get a copy in the county that he was born in?...

I was fired. When interviewing for new jobs, how do I answer questions about the old job?

When you go to prison can you take classes or do anything to get out early?

Should i get an order of protection?
i am in a relationship with my child's father and i have been for about five years now. our relationship is very unhealthy. last night he invented a fight, verbally abused me for hours ( ...

Is attempted mail tampering a crime?
The other day some of my netflix movies were stolen from the community "outgoing" mail. I decided to stake out the mailbox, knowing that it was kids who had done it. Sure enough, everyday ...

Is freedom of speech being abused on this website?
People go on, giving rude, offensive, and just downright innappropriate and judgmental answers, and justify it by saying its their freedom of speech.
But, then the questioner has to take the ...

Constructive Dismissal??
i have been working for a company now for over 18 months, we have just changed contracts and been told that our job and knock system is not in place for my part of the job any longer although other ...

Why is everyone on here so big on this police state Big Brother thing?
if you ask ANY questions about legal things or whatever.

they tell you the WORST case scenario.

often exaggerated .

nearly always.
why?...

Can someone please give me some evidence that health care in canada is better than in the U.S?
I see claims by subjects in Canada that they have better health care than the people in the US but I never see any offer of evidence. Why is that?...

Should non-lenient sentences be made mandatory for serious crimes?
You've heard the type of case, where someone is killed, but the perpetrator gets off with a ridiculously lenient sentence, here's a recent example:

http://www.dailymail.co....

Murder And Manslaughter?
How is murder differ from manslaughter?...

I was recently hired on Saturday and Then i got a call on Wednesday that they went and hired someone else ?
Can they do that is that illegal Can you tell someone they have a job and then take it away from them and say they dont't and that they hired someone else for for the ...

Can you still get a hardship licence if both parents have died.?

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Tuesday, July 22, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links