Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Law & Ethics

Can my mom get a restraining order on my girlfriend simply because she doesnt like me being with her? i am 16?
Find answers to your legal question.

Can my mom get a restraining order on my girlfriend simply because she doesnt like me being with her? i am 16?

Me and My mom have been fusing about this from day one and she said she was going to get a restraining order on her but my girlfriend hasnt done anything. No harrasment, are anything like that! I live in south carolina and im 16 please help me if you know
Additional Details
im a senior in high school so im actually really serious in this relationship i have two jobs it aint jus like i dont know an am jus jumpin in to things

marianne n
Only if she has put your life in danger or subjected you to situations that put your life in danger. IF your girlfriend is 18...then yeah she can for obvious reasons. IF you girlfriend is under 18 the courts would actually require both parents to appear to mediation and discovery. This means that your mom has to prove your girlfriend is putting your life in danger...or bodily harm.

{taylor}
Rating
no way jose
she needs a legal reason
(such as stalking, harrasssmenntt, verbal/mental abuse...ect...)

my daddy is a lawyer
=]

Ginny
Rating
since she has not done anything wrong or illegal, I really don't think your mom can get the restraining order.

rickinnocal
Rating
She can ask, but courts don't issue restraining orders just because someone doesn't like someone else. There needs to be legitimate grounds for them.

Richard

brotherlove@sbcglobal.net
Rating
It would be possible to get a restraining order if she could demonstrate potential harm. I think it is unlikely. However, she could ship you off to a private school easier. I would be more concerned with that if I were you.

Did_he_just_say_that??
No there has to be a reason to file a restraining order, such as abuse, threats, or if you two have been doing anything against the law together. Depending on what state you are in you actually have to agree to the restaining order, and sign it. Honestly though I would just take it easy your mom more than likely is giving you a threat, bc if she knew how much work it is to get a restraining order and how much time it does take she wouldnt do it. You would have to go see a judge, do a bunch of paper work. Everything will be ok your young enjoy life right now, your wasting too much time worrying about little stuff. Which i know it doesnt seem little to you, bc trust me i was in the same boat you were, and i wish i would have just stopped worrying so much about things and just enjoyed how easy life really is at 16. But dont worry everything will be ok! Enjoy LIFE!! Breath!!

primalclaws1974
Her word that says shes not allowed should be good enough. But if she says her ebing around is causing problems, yes, she can get one.

Hillary 2008
Rating
Probably b/c you're under the legal age of 18.I wouldn't be too consumed with bf or gf or whatever it is for you at this point.You should concentrate on your schoolwork.

SS4 Elby
Rating
lol you actually have to have some kind of reason to get a restraining order not just cause you dont like her. besides i dont think your mom can get one for you. sounds like major overreaction dont worry so much and just tell mom to relax and talk about it with you like the adult she is supposed to be.

roadhazzards
Rating
Not up on SC law but generally a Restraining Order or Protective Order requires a bit more than your mom simply not liking the girl. However as you are a minor and I'm assuming you're not emancipated she can forbid you from seeing her, talking to her etc... as well as not allowing her on the property.

Robert
Rating
yea she can. you not 18 so yea.

Jeff F
Rating
She has every right to try. Your 16 and she is responsible for making decisions for your well being.

Hi Im Brad Pitt!
Wow I don't Know why your mom would be so concerned if your 16 you should be in charge not your mom dont worry you will final get away in 2 years

TERRI BERRI
Rating
Let's just say Protection Orders can be CREATIVELY obtained by ANY WOMAN. As far as "harassment"......FIRST the person has to be informed she is doing something harassing unless it is something already against a law.....but take "phone calls"......your mom can claim calls to the house are harassing......but first she must tell the girl they ARE harassing and then she CAN get a restraining order to keep her from the house and family just for harassing (threatening) calls.......WOMEN CAN DO ANYTHING it seems.

Brooklynboykp
NO i don't beleive so

Cowgirl@heart
Rating
she can if she wants you to not see her! my mom almost did it to one of my bfs when i was younger...you're a minor don't forget that

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

Can a verbal agreement hold up in court?

How do I sort out a parking dispute outside my house?
A guy who lives across from me with his parents has a van which he parks outside my house (on opposite side of road) making it very hard for me to get out of my drive. He is also parked on a bus stop ...

Why does the first amendment protect hate speech?
will choose a best answer soon.
Additional Details
wow! everyone! Great ideas and answers! your all great!...

Is there a limit to stupidity?

Was adolf hitler right?

If my parents have been intercepting my mail, is it considered mail fraud.?
I AM over 18, but still living with my parents. My dad shares the same name as me, but knew that I was expecting a package (he was not expecting one for himself). He intercepted the package on S...

Will O.J. Simpson be granted an Appeal? and if not, how long will he be in Prison?

I live in ca my sister past away yesterday morning I found out at 3:30 pm?
My family is treating me unfairly. My mother won't even answer my ph. calls. I feel I have done nothing wrong. I need some legal advice on this matter
Additional Details
my family ...

Should government recognize marriage? Why or why not?
Should marriage be strictly a religious ceremony? Or should the government be involved (federal AND state)?
Additional Details
If it is for contractual reasons, should gays be ...

Do you think that going to church on sunday should be made a law?
should going to church on sunday be made a law?
Additional Details
ignorant question dont judge me hun im just asking i dont go on sunday but look into it there are people who are ...

NEED TO KNOW!!! Is it illegal for someone to post nude/explicitt pictures of someone under 16 on the internet?
OOOOK basically, i was very veeery veeeeeeery stupid. Im 15 and underage, i don't really like going straight in to physical things with guys when im in a relationship.

So when i was ...

What are some names for people who run from the law?

Really wierd question.. Are you allowed to just start a new country with some signatures?
I figured America was founded just by attacking tribes, why cant people do that today?...

How Corruption can be brought under control in our country?

Do you think 16 is too young to drive?
As more teenagers get there liscense, there are more car crashes. But, you can't blame the careless ones and spoil it for the others by saying oh you cant drive til 18, what do you think?...

I wanna know what a homicide is? I never knew what that was.?

What do i do to get my son if my wife cheating on me. she leaving me for another man after 8 yrs of marriage.?

Additional Details
she fail in love with another soldier within a month time. this guy just came back from iraq and now he coming back over here.they plan on moving in together after i ...

I fell at work and then was fired. What should I do?
I was finishing up a task at work one day when I slipped on an overly wet floor (mopped) and partially dislocated my hip. I told the owner and the human resources person the same day. I was told that ...

How does a non Christian/Atheist living in Christian country swear the oath in court?
"The whole truth..." etc when they don't believe in the Bible and the judge doesn't believe in for e.g. the Koran etc.......

Can a goverment be tried for treason if they lied to the people?
the e.union ...

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Tuesday, July 29, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links