Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Law & Ethics

Can my parents legally kick me out?
Find answers to your legal question.

Can my parents legally kick me out?

I'm 17 year old female living in Texas. My parents are extremely strict that i have a 9 pm curfew. Yesterday i got hit in the face by my father a couple times for coming an hour late...and hes also cutting my phone service..i'm really about to snap. I was just wondering can i get in trouble by the authorities if i disobey my parents, and go out of my house, and also can they kick me out?

Zach
Many people are making assumptions that may be true in most states, but is not true in Texas. In Texas you are considered an adult at 17. You can leave home, or they can kick you out with no repercussions of the law fir you leaving or for them kicking you out. But while you are in their house, you have to follow their rules. If your father does anything like that in the future with physical violence, contact your local police department.

.£σѕт ïи Ðяεαмℓαи∂.
your father hit you in the face a few times yesterday? call 911.

darkknitere
What your father did was child abuse. You honestly could go report him and get him arrested if you still have marks.

Also you're a minor, I don't know Texas law but typically your parents are obligated to be your guardians unless emancipated or you are of legal adulthood.

Max
i got hit in the face by my father a couple times for coming an hour lat??? He hit you??? That's child abuse, call the cops.

thrashmetalkicksass
Rating
in some states it is 17 and in others it is 18

Dark Angel
Rating
If you don't want to abide by their rules, move out. However, your father hitting you in the face is another matter. Report him to Child Protective Services; it won't make for a happier household though. Your parents can kick you out but they are still responsible for your welfare until you are 18. You should be close to graduating from high school. Get it over with and then leave on your own.

Evan Seifert
Rating
Well first of all its Illegal To Abuse A child. But Disobey your parents rules that arn't Tied with the Town State orNational Laws Wont Be trouble for the Authorities and Yes they can kick you out. I got kick out many times:D

Mikkel Wilson
There is a rule that I heard about in school where if you are over 16 that you can do an independent living thing that essentially means you are a minor, but you have some of the rights of a major. While you would have to support yourself, you would also have to go to school, but you are also considered independent from your parents, so that would mean that you do not have to follow their rules, or any other family's rules.

Kelle
They can't kick you out until you are 18.

http://ca.search.yahoo.com/search?ei=utf-8&fr=slv1-&p=%20age%20of%20majority%20in%20texas&ei=UTF-8&type=

iiNeysh
Rating
i believe they cant till your 18

j3
Rating
If you are 18+ then yes.

Chelsie
not if you're under the age of 18, they can't. that's illegal.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

is the Defendant automatically a hostile witness?
In a civil case, is the Defendant being called as a witness during direct exam, automatically considered an adverse witness? or does the examiner, in this case the Plantiff, pro se, need to ask the J...

Should a "DUI" stop, be worse than a crash by a sober driver causing 3 seriously injured?
I would think so, but not here, a woman ran a stop light and smashed into i mini-van putting 4 in hospital, all she got was a $ ticket, Judge said "She suffered enough knowing what she did"....

What are your thoughts on Gay Marriage?

Is someone bound to an apartment contract if they are abused?
My sister and her boyfriend moved into an apartment a couple of months ago. They signed a contract saying they were both tenants. However, she never had a credit check etc, and said she was just ...

Whats the difference between?
murder and capital murder?
and is capital murder different from first degree murder?...

Pot smokers (or non-pot smokers): If we make marijuana legal....?
How are we going to test people who are too high to drive?...

Is there a law in Florida preventing...?
An 18 year old whom is still in High School(senior year) to live in another families' house?

I say this because a very good friend of mine is in the middle of drama and he wants to ...

Does anyone know of a good attorney handling expunging criminal convictions?

If your father changed his name in the past, and you were born, would your certificate say his old or new name?
would it show his old name as the parent, or his birth name? Also same question for the ...

TRUST ISSUE HOW TO REGAIN IT? ADVICE?
TRUST ISSUE HOW TO REGAIN IT?
I majorly ****** up and lost the trust my parents had in me especially from my dad how can I regain their trust and how long will it take ?

Additional D...

Are there any special legal aspects to consider for a Widow?
1. After she is widowed, is she legally known by her maiden name?

2. Is she free to marry after being widowed?

They may be stupid questions, but I'm curious. For a story I&#...

What are your opinions about the USA Department of Justice attorney that ties Obama to criminal behavior?
Obama, through his political appointees at the USA Department of Justice ordered all charges dismissed against the Black Panthers for voter intimidation stating Whites cannot be victims of voter ...

In what states can you become a legal guardian at age 18?

Is it possible for an employee to get fired while out of work due to illness?
I wanted to know if anyone out there knows about employment and what to do if a person was employed with a private own company for about a year but recently was out of work due to a health condition ...

Why does Chicago hate their law abiding citizens?
With the city's gun ban certain to be overturned, Mayor Richard Daley on Thursday introduced what city officials say is the strictest handgun ordinance in the United States.

The ...

Legally, is a broken leg considered a serious bodily injury? (Indiana)?
DUI accidnet in which sober individual who was hit suffers a broken leg which wil heel fine, assume scrapes and bruises as well. Is it possible that the person could be initiially charged with DUI ...

cars and guns can both kill people... so why are classes and permits unreasonable for the latter?

Elian Gonzalez was happy to be sent back home. Should we should help all illegals and do the same for them?
We barge into their house with automatic weapons and drag them to a van and speed away. Once they're back home, everyone will be happy.

http://content.usatoday....

How does a state supreme court decide which cases will be heard with oral arguments and which will not?
In particular, Maine? I have a case pending with the supreme court and they sent me a letter via my attorney that they will hear the case without oral arguments the next time they are in session....

Is he legally charging me or is he swindling money from me?
Ok so today some guy from whirlpool came to do a diagnostic on my fridge and is charging us $124. He didn't fix anything, he just told us to move our food products from the cooling vent and ...

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Tuesday, July 29, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links