Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Law & Ethics

Can you attend AA meetings online if you are court ordered?
Find answers to your legal question.

Can you attend AA meetings online if you are court ordered?

LadiiScott
shut the hell up sunset ! some people have children go to school work or all of the above and others not mentioned so before you start running your mouth about how lazy other people are when your the one sittin on the computer answerin ppls questions like a lumpnon a log! gosh ppl are rude smh but it really depends on the courthouse/state you should call or write and see what they say and be sure to mention why you need online version and theyll be more likely to work with you!

Lilac Blue
There is a OIAA directory listed group that does verification of meeting attendance and that group is Stepchat: http://stepchat.com/aa.htm This is what it says on their frequently asked question page: Yes, after you attend a meeting at StepChat.com you can fill out the form on this page to receive an email confirmation of your meeting attendance. Please check with your probation officer or caseworker to make sure that online meetings can be used to meet your court-ordered requirements. Some jurisdictions do recognize online meetings, but others do not.

Helen W.
Rating
These other answers have no clue what they are talking about. Of course there are online AA meetings. They won't help you get sober any more than the face to face variety will, but they do exist.

Typically, if you are court ordered to AA (this is unconstitutional, by the way, according to every court that has considered the issue, although it happens all the time) then you aren't allowed to fulfill the requirement via online meetings. The idea is that you need someone from the meeting to sign a piece of paper verifying that you were there.

What a lot of people do, though, is after going to a few meetings to get the lay of the land, plus a meeting list, they'll simply forge the signatures.

And for those of you who think that's so awful, keep in mind that when it comes to sobering people up, AA doesn't work.

http://www.orange-papers.org/

Jose V
AA is not online. They won't allow you online because you could still be drinking at home.

Sunset1845
Absolutely not. Stop trying to get out of something that your supposed to do.

Obviously the court ordered you to attend for a reason - get off your butt and go.

Sounds like you didn't learn anything at all from your drinking episode - Keep going, you'll be in graduate school, where you'll have big bubba for a roommate.

Artman
Rating
Online AA meetings? As far as I know there is no such a thing; they need to deal with you in person to be able to judge your attitude, and like the other guy said, you could be drinking at home and they wouldn't be any wiser.

AntiDenial
Actually some courts and probation officers do allow online meetings that offer online verificationto the courts. SMART Recovery is an alternative to AA/NA that more courts are allowing for people to decide to use if they do not want to go to AA/NA. Most important is to ask your defense attorney,your probation officer etc. More people need to ask-and insist on choice,It is unconstitutional to force people.Most people do not know there rights. Check out www.smartrecovery.org for a list of face to face meetings and online meetings. Smart recovery does many,many verifications every week to satisfy court requirements and emploment requirements. Best of al it is free and science based. Check it out for anyone dealing with all kinds of addictions. Good luck!

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

What happens in prisons on Christmas day?
Any type of prison....

Should there b uniform civil law?
since India is one country and all people r one(brothers and sister) do u think there should b common law for all of us nomatter whatever our caste b....

Did South Carolina really change the legal age to get a tattoo, or are they going to soon?
i have heard multiple people tell me that either very soon the law will be passed so that 18 is the legal age to get a tattoo, not 21, or the law is already in effect. is this law really in the ...

What is the justification for police having authority and power over other people?
I don't mean this as a troll question, just curious to see others responses. What makes it acceptable and okay for a police officer to detain someone, search private property, and put people ...

Are employers legally suppose to pay overtime?

Is it illegal to carry a penknife around in Britain?
I have a penknife which was given to me by my dad, i live in England and sometime i like to keep it with me when i go out, i'm not sure if this is illegal or not i mean i'm a 13 year old ...

I need a court order.?
Hey everyone,

First I'd like to say that I'm in a situation where my ex-boyfriend just won't leave me or my boyfriend alone. He is currently in another country but I do not ...

How far along can you legally get an abortion in New York?

Additional Details
I am not pregnant, I was just wondering.... so glad maybe 1 of you answered the ...

What to do if office personel and doctors lie about a medical condition?

Should we drop 2 felonys?
A lil over a year ago we were robbed of over $20,000 of items... the court date is coming up very soon and we were called yesterday by the pros. attorney and was asked if we would drop 2 of the 4 ...

I purchased a leased vehicle and sent payment in by deadline. (3/29) but now the bank is wanting to charge?
more because they didn't post my check until april, when there was an increase in sales tax in California. am i still responsible for that? i specifically asked them when my payment needs to ...

Neighbors garden flooding ? am i legally responsible ?
Last year i put up a 15 foot frame pool in my back garden , the neighbor instantly accused me of flooding his garden , he says that the water now cant drain away in my garden because of the frame ...

My landlord wont renew my tenancy it run out a wk ago & he has told me he wants me out within 3 wks?
i am not behind with rent i pay on time al the time. when he came he told me he wants me out because nabours have complained even tho im never in the house the landlord is good friends with the ...

Should America legalize drugs?

Is it Illegal for an employer to force your claim status on your taxes?
Recently we had a meeting with our owner of the company. He said do to the economic times and he was in trouble for back taxes he was going to have the secretary change all of our income tax filling ...

What is the usual punishment for being in a park after hours in mesa Arizona?
It's considered a misdemeanor here, but I want to know whether It's going to be fines or community service or what.
BTW I'm a minor.
Additional Details
Well the ...

Radar gun laws in pa?
I messed up in my last question, I know radar guns are illegal to be used by municiple police in pa, but what's the exact law that states this? Also, since they can't use radar guns, ...

Legal Trouble (Drug Related)?
I recently gave a friend 400 dollars to buy Oxycontin for me. He then proceeded to keep the 400 for himself essentially robbing me, and bought pills for himself. Last night he got arrested with the ...

I am afraid of Gay Marriage, what will happen to my marriage?
The television commercial by the National Organization for Marriage says
"There is a storm gathering. The clouds are dark and the winds are strong."

Will I need a marriage ...

If the Supreme Court can define a black as being not a full man, why can't they redefine marriage?

Additional Details
When the Supreme Court made a wrong turn with Dred Scott -- defining ANY Black to be a subhuman, not just those who ere slaves -- it took the bloodiest of civil wars ...

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Sunday, November 23, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links