Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Law & Ethics

Can you be a bartender if convicted with a dui?
Find answers to your legal question.

Can you be a bartender if convicted with a dui?

Asian_Bebe
Rating
it depends on the person who is hiring you. In my opinion I would say yes.

St♥rmy Skye
probably.

diva
Rating
yes

Anthony F
Rating
Depends on the state you live in. Laws differ between states.

the Boss
Rating
yes, but I don't think you can be a bus driver

Armchair_Ninja
Rating
Yeah, you may need to go to rehab of some kind, but yes you can.

pater47
Unless it's a mobile bar, and you're also the driver, why not?

?
Yep. Most have been convicted. You cant be a judge, a cop or part of any law enforcement deemed a conflict of interest. Imagine a cop serving someone and calling his buddy cop to arrest him for DWI.

GratefulDad
Rating
Yes, though some states might have restrictions (not CA, WI, or NC)

TONY R
depends on your state that you live in

colera667
yup

(_)iiiiD
Rating
I think it's actually a requirement

DrScissorhands
Rating
lol....yea, but if you drink your mistakes, take a cab, so you dont get busted again.

penny century
Rating
Yes, absolutely.

You can be a bartender with a murder conviction, it's not an issue.

Kenneth
Rating
You can be bartender with a felony. Just depends on the Bar. Most bars will not check backgrounds anyway.

Just be honest when you take your bartender exam.

bbsieye
Why Not? If you have to drink and bar tend then it is against the law if you are over the limit. You need to buy the book Bartenders with DUi. Author I.P. Freely.

gary s
Rating
Of course. When applying for a bartending job, you don't have to submit your criminal record, so the person hiring you should never even know you had a DUI (unless you tell them). But even if you did tell them, there is no law that says you can't work as a bartender if you had a DUI. You might have trouble getting a job as a school bus driver, but not a bartender.

Crissy T
Is it only one DUI, you can become a bartender, as long as there arent any terms if youre on probation for this DUI.

citronge69
Rating
Try the site below for research on this topic and others like it. Make sure to change the location/state in which you reside or work. Hope this helps.

starryeyed
Sure, but your best bet is to throw parties from home!
Hope you're rich!

Ms Kamm
Rating
No...
But, if alcohol is a problem...the last thing a person should be doing is serving drinks in a bar? It just dosen't make since to me.

Jane
If a person is a felon and it has been 15 years ago, can you still get a bartender's license? Plus if you thinking of buying the Bar. Thank you.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

Can the war on drugs be won?
The governor of Florida recently stated that he wants to start executing drug dealers and that he can win the war on drugs.
Can the war on drugs be won if this policy is implemented?...

Can my employer stop me from telling people my current rate of pay?
I live in Duluth, MN USA. Please state the law/rule/ordience if you find one thank you.
Additional Details
Why? I don't care for your opinions, I just want fact. Lets say this ...

Can I sue for inaccurate background report?
I successfully interviewed for a job and most likely had the job until my background check came back with Armed Robbery,Sale of Narcotics which I was not convicted of...this was not the first time ...

Do you pay child support on bonus or overtime pay ?
My employee makes $320 wk on 40hrs and gets another $150 on overtime. But we slow down in the winter. Do they base it on 40 hrs , or yearly ? ( in arkansas )...

Would you favor a 3 strikes law for abortions?
It seems to me that one of the greatest fears of the pro-life crowd is that without regulation, people will use abortions as a form of birth control which I agree is wrong. So, in that line, would ...

Should marijuana be legal?
Marijuana is just as bad as cigarettes and alcohol, so why should it be excluded. other states are beining to agree, such as colorado. so why are we so worried about it. it would keep more people out ...

Why is marijuna illegal?
I never understood why marijuana is illegal. It's been scientifically proven that is nor a physically addictive or brain damaging drug. Only a small percentage of marijuana smokers use it on a ...

Should a library in a Black community be forced to carry books by the KKK?

Additional Details
This question concerns a fundamental misunderstanding of the first ammendment.

The right to free speech means you can say or publish anything you want.

Should the government reduce taxes on cigarettes to make smoking more affordable for young people?
Right now I have to work for 1 hour just to be able to afford a pack, this has got to stop!...

If one innocent person is executed, is the price too high to keep using capital punishment?
I challenge anyone to prove that no innocent person has ever been executed in the US....

In some states prositution is legal , do u agree or oppose that it stays legal?

Should an obese person get the privelage to park in a handicap spot?
At work today there was a gentleman in a wheelchair (who is legitimately handicapped) who couldn't park in the handicapped spot because someone who is overweight parked there due to his handicap-...

I have recently experienced English justice in an English court, 5 points for who guesses what happened?
My first time in an English court! Regarding the Police and the Judge and the Solicitor and Myself, can you guess what happened?...

What does it mean when people say "I plead the 5th" in court??????????
i was just wondering because i say it on "THE CLOSER" a few days ago....

How can we make churches/synagogues/mosqu... pay taxes?
IMO religion/spirutal services are bought and sold just like cell phone service or cable TV. How can we (the voter-taxpayers) get them paying taxes, just like other businesses?...

Are pro-choicers also against mandatory seat-belt laws?
just another choice to think about.
Additional Details
Its about choice over ones body....right?...

I was at the cardiologist yesterday and, while waiting in the waiting room...?
I picked up a magazine from Kraft and it had this recipe for a layer cake which was made from a layer of ice cream sandwiches, you know the kind with the cookie and the ice cream filling, then a ...

Is it illegal to open post that is not addressed to you?
I am writing an article and need to know if it is illegal and if so does anyone know where I can get more information about this....

Custody of Daughter???
My daughter, who is 5, lives with me and her stepfather. Her biological father lives across the country, pays child support, but rarely sees her. My mother has been part of my daughter's life ...

Just trying to settle an argument so my question is, is there anyway that a polygraph test can be beaten?
I am saying it can an several others say no way....

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Saturday, October 25, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links