Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Law & Ethics

Can you sue your spouse?
Find answers to your legal question.

Can you sue your spouse?

I know somebody close to me who's spouse broke her cellphone on purpose. (It was pretty costly) just because a guy friend gave it to her. He was arrested and is out of the house know for fighting with her AND HER KIDS! and I was wondering can she sue him for breaking her cellphone? It was costly it had all her infomation on it, but the only thing is she didn't buy it with her own money. Could she still sue him for something she didn't buy?

Tyson
Rating
Ignore the users above; they do not have the faintest idea what they're talking about.

Yes, she can sue. The fact that the callphone is a gift is irrelevant; so, too, is her relationship status. Essentially she would an action in trespass to property to compensate the value of the phone.

Republicans: politically spent
it sounds like this marriage is on the rocks and just will not work and a divorce is in order make the cell phone part of the separation demands

Karen
Rating
Suing your spouse is called "divorce". That's the only way you really can. If you stayed married after suing your spouse, their debt would be your debt as well; so you would owe yourself whatever payment was found in your favor.

Bob T
Rating
no it's community property.

Girl
Rating
No she can't sue him. First reason they are still married and second if she'll sue him then he will leave her. So if she doesn't want to break her marriage then she shouldn't sue her spouse. But sounds like their marriage is not working out.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

Will fbi,border patrol cia hold your past against you say your teen years from getting u a job?
say you where a drug dealer or a gangbanger, but never got into trouble with the law but you told them that you did these kinds of things being a kid but now you in your mid 30's and quit that ...

How do you respond to summons?
I know you need to file at the court office but does a third party have to mail the response to who ever is suing me? Please help I'm confused....

Please help me, I need legal advice. Help?
My bike was recently stolen!

Here's a little background to emphasis how important my bike is:
I'm 15, I'm a freshmen, and my bike is the only transportation I have (...

Can eyewitness testimonies be trusted in court?
also wut r some examples of controversial ...

Is darkjb.com a legal site?
i stumbled across this site and at first thought it was all legal but when taking a closer look there are allot of very young girls on this site i just don't want to get into trouble by being on ...

What does it mean if a cop doesnt go to court for a traffic sitation?

Fight a stop sign violation on video?
I got pulled over last week for stop sign violation. The cop gave me a citation that said "disregarding stopsign (on video) ". I don't remember any stop signs so I went back to the ...

Can you married at 15 in oklahoma?

Me and my friend decided we were gonna attach a wire and some kid got tangle in it can we get in trouble?
ok so me and my friend wanted to unwind some copper (very thin) and we attached it to a fire hydrate and it broke so we drove away and he lives in this neighbor hood so we went back to his house and ...

Do you think I'll get sued?
I'm uninsured and I had my gallbladder taken out last year. I applied for what they called a charity case with the hospital and they paid for half my hospital bill but I still owe the surgeon ...

How is an act passed?
Is it a bill first? And after it's an act, how long does it take for it to pass (or not pass)?
And what happens if it's passed?
How long does it take for an act to become a law?<...

Why's it a big deal to get illegal stuff from the net when our government is giving our tax $$ to illegals?
it seems to me that if the US government was more concerned about its own people than illegals and their welfare that US citizens could afford to buy the things they download instead of needing to ...

Can anybody help:I need to find out about licensing laws in Scotland?
Alcohol licenses,late licenses,etc,...

Does the Stimulus Package extend Unemployment?
I had heard from some friends that the Stimulus stuff extends the unemployment someone can get to a one year maximum. I hadn't heard this before and I wanted to find out if it's true.

Can they arrest me for stealing on hear say?
well today I got a call from a police officer saying if I know anything about a stolen amp from my friend and I said I dont know anything that all i do know is that my cousin has been spreading lies ...

What are the pros and cons of the courts in America?
I am wondering what the pros and cons of the courts in America are....

A good reason for an "EX PARTE" hearing in a custody case?
Is the potential for the child to be moved to a new location a good reason for an ex parte hearing? what else would be acceptable for an emergency hearing??...

What are the pros and cons of the courts?
I would like to know what the pros and cons are of the courts are....

Mandatory reporting of abuse of child during mental health session?
Could someone help me to understand this law, given this scenario? It's for a course that I am taking.

A parent goes to a mental health provider, to seek treatment. During this ...

Court PROCEDURE and LEGAL ADVICE?
My friend (on probation) who is in the same dorm as i am (college) just got arrested for underage drinking. When they approached him they did NOT know he was drunk, they wanted to question him about ...

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Wednesday, July 30, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links