Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Law & Ethics

Children are destroying my property!?
Find answers to your legal question.

Children are destroying my property!?

Ok, so here's the story.

Our house is the only house that has a sidewalk in front of it because it's really the only new house in our neighborhood... therefore the nicest house on our street. There are two kids that live 3 houses down from us that take turns skidding there bike tires all over our drive way and all over the sidewalk. Just in the past couple days our sidewalk and drive way has gone from nice and clean, to absolutely disgusting. The same two children stand out in the middle of the street throwing rocks and other miscellaneous items at passing cars. The other day, I was coming home from work and the younger of the two kids picked up a "branch" and tried hitting my car with it as i drove by. But I stopped and got out of my car and they ran off. This morning, I walked out to the front of my house and these kids had a couple of friends with them in my drive way and were trying to get into my car.

I've told these kids several times to stay off of our property, but every day i come home from work and they are in my drive way or my front yard. I don't think the parents really care about what they're children are doing because when the younger boy was about a year old, he was walking down the street in nothing but a diaper and my boyfriend and I called the cops because we stood out on their front porch banging on the door for about half an hour and couldn't find his parents. The cop showed up and he banged on the door for a good 20 minutes and looked all around the place looking for them. Finally after the cop walked back to our house, a woman, who i assume was his mother, walked outside, saw the cop, grabbed the boy by his arm, lifted him off the ground and started hitting him. The cop did nothing, which kind of made me mad.

Anyway, there is the back story to my question.

Is there anything that I can do, legally, about these kids destroying my property? I know it may not seem like much of an issue to some people, but these kids are allowed to act like a bunch of imps and no one is doing anything about it.

Kevin k
Talk to the parents first. Explain the problems you have with them attacking your car. Most responsible parents will stop the kids from doing anything like this.

Call the police non-emergency number and complain if the parents refuse or are unable to stop their kids. The squeaky wheel gets the grease.

The skid marks on the sidewalk are minor. Yes, it does not look nice, but can be cleaned up (better by the kids, but not so bad if you have to do it). The driveway is another matter especially if it leads to damage to your vehicles.

Best advice is to set up a security camera to observe your car's parking space. If the kids try to break in again, you might be lucky enough to catch them on tape. Do not mention anything about setting up the camera, why tip your hand?

Paladin
Rating
start taking pictures of them any time they are on your property

SCOTT M
Rating
Best case, the children are tresspassing. You should try to get a restraining order banning the children from your property.

Pat
Write a letter to the parents.
Tell them that you will call the police EVERY time you witness this behavior.

Then do it.

perfectlybaked
Rating
Ugh... I hate kids that ruin the whole neighborhood.

Videocam them and send it to the local news station. Contact the Homeowner's Association, if your neighborhood is ran by one.

ShadowCat
Put up Cameras and a Fence. Talk to their Parents and if that does not go well, file a police report and take them to court for damages to your property and make them pay to have it fixed. You can also put them on the Ripoffreport.com! Money out of pocket, usually Stops bad behavior!

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

Legal minor guardianship?
I want to leave my daughter with a family friend if something should happen to me, how do I do that legally?...

Can a Bonds man come into a commonwealth to get a person?

Can someone get charged for forwarding a private email to a 3rd party?
If the email states not to send it to anyone and that it's private due to the content, and the person forwards it, can you sue them or press charges?...

Does anyone know the law?
ok is it illegal to record a conversation between two ppl....or do u have to ask permission? the conversation wasn't personal it was between a boss and employee..more or less the employee was ...

Living next to crazy neighbors--parents & rebellious teen fighting all the time...what can i do for peace?
so i have these next-door neighbors in my apt complex, who fight all the time, banging on the wall, and yelling like their life is on the line.

the son is apparently hanging out with the ...

Arrested on motoring offences?
SWIM would like advice on what to do, his brother has been arrested after using SWIMS vehicle ( 50cc ped ) without insurance, or a licence. In order to protect SWIM he said he took the vehicle ...

How long is someone in jail before they are executed?
In general, coz I know that they are sentenced to execution and go on death row for a while before their execution but for how long? Years? Months? Days? Cheers!...

How do I get free legal advice in FL?
I'm actually living in WA now but I'm having a issue with a previous landlord and I wanted to know my and her rights....

Questions for smokers or ex smokers?
Assignment for school

How old were you when you started?

Why did you start?

Have you ever tried to quit? How many times?

What methods? Cold turkey, patch, ...

Are ther any free laywers who will help me with CPS issues?
CPS has come to my house 4 times and its for stupid stuff i dont know why im just here with 6 babies and i take care of mine you know what im sayin?? I need an attorney or ...

What is court really like?
Well I am going to court tomorrow and am only 14. I am wondering what it will be like facing a judge and if there is anything I need to know....

Where can you information on non lethal weapons that are legal?
Preferably in your own state
Additional Details
P...

Is it illegal to bring oil paint and related supplies to school in CA?
i dont wanna get in trouble cuz i want to bring it in for art class....

Which state currently has son of sam law?
Which state currently has son of sam law? I heard california's son of sam law has been overturned. Is there any other states with son of sam law?...

Copyright Law Question with Google Maps/Earth?
I using Google Maps for a school project. I am citing the map source as Google Maps under each image I use. Am I violating the United States Copyright Law?
Additional Details
Would my ...

What is their current real intent?
Just now, I was doing a little research on the KKK for a school project, and I was wondering what is the current real intent of the KKK now? I have read through their site, and I don't know ...

Phoenix School of Law?
Anyone know anything about this school? It is "provisionally accredited"...how is that different from fully?...

What is contructive liability in criminal law?

If store wants to press charges on a shoplifter they had on camera how long would it take them to get a warran?
if this guy stole stuff and alaram went off at store, well he stole books, and they saw him walk out get in car and drive away , how come after 3 months cops never got him for it , ..............why ...

HOW ARE THE UNIFORM ACTS USED IN A COURT OF LAW?

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Saturday, October 25, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links