Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Law & Ethics

Do you pay child support on bonus or overtime pay ?
Find answers to your legal question.

Do you pay child support on bonus or overtime pay ?

My employee makes $320 wk on 40hrs and gets another $150 on overtime. But we slow down in the winter. Do they base it on 40 hrs , or yearly ? ( in arkansas )

Duds331
Rating
I live in Arkansas, but when my Dad had to pay child support it was always a set amount. So I assume it was based on the year. Unless there was an agreement that he'd always pay that amount.

billyandgaby
You pay on every penny you make unless you have a max payment CAP.

uncle billy
in most states & settlements he will pay on all income.

kdd a
it does not matter, he'll stay have to pay the same amount and percentage. Everytime you pay him, you pay her.

2LITTLEBADONES
Rating
u most report all income to child support ar u will be in trouble with the government - after all its his kid and he should pay!!!

Enterrador
I think it is ridiculus to pay child support really. Think about it, if a woman says i don't want the baby, she can just go, get an abortion and not deal with the financial aspect of having the kid. If a man says I don't want it, he's screwed and has to pay out the anus in child support. Double standards, think about it.

Thomas F
IIRC, child support deductions are set as a percentage of estimated annual earnings, and a set amount is deducted from each paycheck. This, however, can depend on the judge and both parties as to how child support is determined. Generally, I've seen flat amounts, so whether your employee gets overtime or not, the same amount is taken from each check.

Read the notice carefully for the terms of deduction, and contact the court if you have further questions.

a99blkdog
Rating
whatever the court or support agreement sez.

benninb
Rating
I also live in Arkansas, and my lawyer had it set up on 40 hours a week. It makes no difference whether they make 5000 dollars a week, or 500 a week, the only way to change the weekly pay scale is for them to go back to court.

Tanker
You would have to check your state laws but it is based on a 40 hour week. Your employees ex-wife( husband) could take him( her) back to court and try and seek an increase in child support. The amount of support is also based on the number children that are in the household.
If you really care for your employee, give him or her a raise. You are only paying $8.00 dollars per hour. Giving that person a living wage of at least $ 10.00 dollars per hour plus some overtime.

Shrek'shandsomeidenticaltwin
call your friend of the court or an INDEPENDENT family law attorney. not one that has been involved with either side of the divorce.

The right thing to do is to pay on the overtime and bonuses. for the LEGAL thing call the lawyer.

tjjone
Rating
Depending on how it was arranged when it was determined is how it is removed. Unfortunately, it most cases it is based on the previous years salary. I know many men that spend an hour or two every week in Domestic Relations arguing over 5-25 dollars a week and successfully have it reduced based on job slow downs. On that same note I know exwives that do the same knowing exhubby picked up a second job delivering pizzas because he couldn't pay his rent. The Child Support system is in need of serious revamping.

It isn't fair to anyone involved.

Bud
Rating
My child support was determined by the average of the total amount of money that I made in the prior 3 years. This would include overtime or bonuses.

It's only right since the money is for the support of his child(ren). I sure he is very happy to support his kids financially as well as mentally and emotionally.

garysoliman
I would say yearly

CG234
I think they take an average and work out a weekly amount that way.

rrrevils
Rating
The managing conservator, the parent who keeps the child, and the possessory conservator, the parent who generally pays the child support, each are given orders. The child support is ordered, by taking an average of the possessory conservator's annual pay and then taking a percentage of that, to be spread out in payments throughout the year. This order may also include mandatory insurance coverage and other articles as well.

Mary J
Your child support should either be set at a percentage of your wages, or a set monthly amount. Most are set at a monthly amount. If it isn't, you need to make it that way. If you are paying a percentage, then overtime and bonuses are going to be deducted from.

megan a
Wow good question. I have no idea though. I think they base it on 40 hours though. What ever information you bring in when they set down the child support amount is what it is continuously going to be. I'm pretty sure though that you can ask for it to be lowered since your financial status has changed.

Lex
Rating
No. Child support is a set amount. If the custodial parent wants to sue to adjust the wage based on overtime, s/he must go back to the family court and have the amount adjusted. Your employee should do more if he makes more - but it's purely a moral thing and on him.

Not me
child support is based on a percentage of your annual income reported on your taxes for the last year. Most states it cannot be changed except for every few years so the courts don't get backed upo and changes are not made yearly.

Sweet Dreams
yes. child support is not a based rate anymore. its on a percentage of all wages made, including overtime, bonuses, even vacation/sick day pay. if its on a check to cash, child support will be taken from it.

SassySista
Rating
It depends.. Honestly, if someone was smart and worked a seasonal job like that.. They should put in the papers that the overtime or bonus can't be touched!!!

Otherwise, I think any income is fair game... I believe they use your w2's and base the c/s on the yearly wage..

C/s stinks!

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

How can we make churches/synagogues/mosqu... pay taxes?
IMO religion/spirutal services are bought and sold just like cell phone service or cable TV. How can we (the voter-taxpayers) get them paying taxes, just like other businesses?...

Are pro-choicers also against mandatory seat-belt laws?
just another choice to think about.
Additional Details
Its about choice over ones body....right?...

I was at the cardiologist yesterday and, while waiting in the waiting room...?
I picked up a magazine from Kraft and it had this recipe for a layer cake which was made from a layer of ice cream sandwiches, you know the kind with the cookie and the ice cream filling, then a ...

Is it illegal to open post that is not addressed to you?
I am writing an article and need to know if it is illegal and if so does anyone know where I can get more information about this....

Custody of Daughter???
My daughter, who is 5, lives with me and her stepfather. Her biological father lives across the country, pays child support, but rarely sees her. My mother has been part of my daughter's life ...

Just trying to settle an argument so my question is, is there anyway that a polygraph test can be beaten?
I am saying it can an several others say no way....

Legal drinking age?
I'm 19 yrs old..In april im going on a cruise to mexico..someone told me the legal drinking age on the ship is 18, is that true? I know there I can drink while in mexico, but what about actually ...

Did you know you never really own land?
You are just renting it from your government. When you buy a home you are buying the rights to pay rent to the government in the form of property taxes. If you don't pay the rent (taxes) they ...

What would you think if the government would put a 1 child restriction per family?

Can you get fined for feeding pigeons in public places?
During my lunchbreak I chuck a bit of my baguette to some pigeons in town. Can I get fined for this?...

About that 8 year old boy in Arizona who shot his father...?
You've probably heard about the 8 year old boy in Arizona who shot and killed his father and another person. He is being charged with murder and the prosecutor is trying to get him tried as an ...

Do you feel a lot of people are exploting the Virgina Tech shooting to promote gun control and weapon bans?

I was called in for jury duty. What can I do?
I am forced to live paycheck to paycheck. I have no savings. Jury duty only pays $40 a day. I make $88 a day and use every penny of it. My employer already said they do not have intentions of ...

I want to know what do i do if my neighbor has there fence on my property ?/?

MOraLity !!!CAN you HELP ME? Science FAir Morality TEST I need HELp. Extra Pts! plZ HElp Please?
Im doing a science fair project on morality. My teacher thinks i could win if i could test ppl outside my private school. Could you help me? all answers would be confidential. Plz do as many as you ...

Is it stealing?
If you read part of a book or magazine in a shop. Is it stealing?...

Is it legal to put a spike belt on my driveway to stop the idiots from turning around in it?
I have the biggest driveway on the block, and there are always idiots who use it to turn a around in, I wouldent mind it so much, but I have already told them to stop, and they do it when the kids ...

Does anyone know the outcome of the guy who sued his cleaner for millions for losing his pants?

How can I stop a staff member from bad mouthing me?
he is spreading to other offices as he goes around stating that I can not manage the role yet all my management feedback and reviews show i to be just the opposite.I feel it deflamation of my ...

Was this mean?????
I was at the gym tonight in my regular cycling class. We were half way through and getting very tired when the new girl on the bike next to me started talking to me. I can barely breathe at this ...

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Monday, September 15, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links