Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Law & Ethics

Does a man legally/morally have the right to hit a woman in means of self-defense?
Find answers to your legal question.

Does a man legally/morally have the right to hit a woman in means of self-defense?

Or should he instead use a non-violent approach , such as pushing her away from him , or restraining her against the wall/floor until police arrive?

caustic
No. But there are exceptions to every rule. However, in this case she had better have a black belt in karate and beating the heck out of you. And yet if that was the case, you should be running instead of swinging back. LOL.

If you are serious I apologize. Seriously, a man should never strike a lady. If you can restrain her without hurting her, that's o.k. But the best thing to do is just get out of there until she cools off.

I hope you don't have this problem. Have a nice day.

i lov the jo bros
Rating
if a woman starts beating u up and/ or about to kill u , u have the right to hit her

ubczoology
Rating
some women are pretty violent so I won't hesitate to whap her. Of course, I'll give her several chances to back off but when its on, its ON

randomosity333
Rating
If a woman attempts to hit me like a man, I will hit her like one. She has no right to attack your physical being. And remember Woman have equal rights now. Time for her to have a fist and eat it too. Remember this is what woman wanted right!!!!!

seriously I see nothing wrong with striking a woman who is trying to harm you.

CAT^
Rating
He shouldn't hit her back, if he can help it. That's a domestic battery charge, and it could backfire, and put you in jail. I would recommend pushing her away, and get out of the house as fast as you can, to avoid the chances of arrest. Call 911 from a neighbors home. Law enforcement is required by state law to make an arrest, or both of you if they can't determine the primary aggressor. So avoiding the physical confrontation is good advice.

vivaxxvixen
Yes. Women are just as capable of inflicting harm on people as men. although strength is important we will all agree than women are not weaklings as evident by the numerous crime committed by women. Although the non-violent approach should be the first tactic employed, there are cases whereby one needs to protect themselves by all means necessary.

lumosmaxima5
Rating
I think you try a less violent approach to stop her and wait for police. However is she gets too violent, I think you should try to use more strength.

Did You Get That Memo?
Rating
Well clearly it's a no win situation. If a woman unloads a barrage of blows on a guy's face and he lets it happen while abiding by the "you never hit a woman" standard, he is labeled a wimp. If he tosses a few back to subdue his attacker, he is labeled an angry, evil man for hitting a woman. Whew. Tough choices, huh?

yellow_tofu
depends how big the girl is, if she is small and skinny then try to hold her back, if she is 6'4 285, then try to run away and is she catches you then start swinging.

if she is really hot then rip her shirt off that will stop her in her tracks.

The Questioner
No, just walk away and report her to the police. If you hit her, she will claim you did it first.

sgoldperson
Pushing is considered violent. Anyway he SHOULD restrain her if possible, but he may need to hit her to get her restrained. Of course a man is legally allowed to defend himself. Doesn't matter who it is against, the other person changes what is considered self-defense.

Gentle Giant
Any person, male or female, should always use the least amount of force necessary for self protection.
Legally, I suppose a man has the right to hit a woman in self defense but, unless she's armed, only a very little male would do so. Surel;y he would not be considered a man.

joseph b
Rating
Everybody has the right to defend one's self, if the lady needs a beat down to accomplish this then so what?

b.y.o.b.
I see no point in striking, unless you intend to render her unconscious, what's the point? If the police arrive and see you on top of her, they will still go for you (the male) first, even if you are just trying to restrain her. Only winning strategy is to leave the situation entirely. If she were attacking someone else, a third party, it may be another story.

Don Glarr
I think when it comes to women, men are in a constant state of self-defense. You might be more specific.

Replace
Unless he wishes to spend some time in the Klinky and more time in court, he best have visible wounds (including defensive ones) if he chooses to hit her.

Best action would be to "leave the battlefield".

tominhouston
Just remember that the police and courts seem to have some weirdo notion that any man that hits a woman is automaticlly a thug and a wife beater and the man will more than likely be the one charged with assault Unless she's comming at you with a knife or gun it's probably best to take a few lumps and call 911 while your running away.
But then if she (anybody) did have a knife or gun I'd be gone in a split second anyway.

cFnS
Rating
Yes, in any situation. Man rules all.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

Do you agree with death penalty?
Is the government use the death penalty, is the government also a criminal?...

I saw a job ad that said they were looking for a "Non-smoker." to work at their store. Is this legal?
They also listed other things such as "Must be 21+" "Available Weekends" and "In good health."

I don't smoke; I think it is disgusting. But is it legal ...

Can I stop my neighbor from building her fence on MY property? .?
She is obnoxious and I have had to get the police involved a few times, not my style at all-I hate this. She has now installed 3 wooden fence posts in concrete mostly on my side of the boundary-I ...

Passport taken by landlord?
I asked this this question last night as well and had great feedback... My landlord confiscated my passport 2 weeks ago, because of the fact that my rent was behind (6 weeks), due to the fact that I ...

Is it required to write a will to pass on belongings after death?
My father who is still young, but will be old very soon, rejects to write up a will. He says that all of his belongings will be mine. I disagree because I overheard that the government can take ...

Should racist remarks made privately be subject to prosecution?
Promoting hate is illegal in both Canada and the US. But, should it extend to comments made in private conversations.

In Canada, if one makes hate comments, even in private, they could be ...

Should burning the flag be illegal or legal?
Should burning the flag be illegal or legal?...

How long has the abortion debate been going on for?
Just need to know this for a year 12 research task....

Can you legally be worked in Michigan without pay?
My fiance has been working at Dunkin' Donuts since Tuesday for so called Training He has everyday since then and has not been paid. They tell him he will not be paid for this time. He was ...

I'm getting upset here.?
My 1st ammendment rights are being stepped on. I can't get get a straight answer from you people or any answer at all. Why do you let obviously goofy questions get posted but goofy answers arn&#...

What can you do when you turn 18?
I know you can now:
1. VOTE.
2. TAKE YOUR DRIVERS LICENSE TEST (without having to take the stupid classes and have a permit first).

I know you can't drink alcohol until you&#...

Is it Legal in California?!
is it Legal in california for a 16 year old to get married with a 17 year old?
tanx....

Why should beer be illegal in the US?
I'm doing a project in class. It's everyone versus me and I have to back up why beer should be illegal in the US. I have many points, but I want more to be safe. If anyone could, please ...

Is there laws against lying to obtain employment?

Should Marijuana be legalized?
If it were legal, how do you think socity would act/feel? I think there would be less people incarcerated. what is your opinion?...

Why do they delete it? freedom of speech?
this Q below was deleted

Do you think Yahoo! will allow us to say what we want on Christmas Day, without sending a Violation Notice?

what is wrong with it?
why do yahoo ...

IS the UK a civilised country? if it is how can it jail a mother for three years then admit they were wrong?
And STILL let her out without any help to get over her trauma?

I say if this is civilised then I'd hate to live in a uncivilised nation!
Additional Details
Monetary ...

Euthanasia: Right or Wrong?
Have your say!...

Do we still have morals in America?

Can u refuse to have your fingerprints taken when travelling abroad?

Additional Details
I've nothing to hide but feel it's an invasion of my rights....
I'm travelling to the New York soon from the UK, i have no intentions of ...

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Monday, October 20, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links