Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Law & Ethics

How can I find out if a certain person owns their house ?
Find answers to your legal question.

How can I find out if a certain person owns their house ?

My daughter has been bit by the neighbor's dog and I need to find out if she owns the house in order to get paid for the medical bills related.

Iwould B Leveleight
Rating
Don't you need to find out who owns the dog? Maybe I'm not reading that right??? Check the county property tax roll to see who owns the house.

Heather C
google the county's appraisal district. you can look it up online for free there.

Jane
Even if they don't own their home you can still sue for the medical bills.

Jelly Bean
County court clerk's office.

Teekno
Go to the county courthouse and look for the county appraiser's office or the county clerk's office, they should be able to tell you. It's a public record

The County Appraisal District

Bill K
Rating
home ownership is of a public record. you can go to the county recorders office and look it up.

Go Lakers #1
Town hall.

Bring the address.

They will tell you every piece of information they have concerning the property.

That's how it works in NY.

Saly L
Rating
prp[erty appraiser website for that particular county. or go to property apprasiers office. it's public information

Common
Rating
Check to see if your county has their Recorder's Office and Assessor's Office online. If they are, chances are that they will have all their records online too. Then, you can just look up the house/person in question and it will list the legal owner.

Doug R
Rating
county tax records are public documents, many are online. If they own the proeprty, it will show them as the owner, if they don't it will have someone else's name and usually a different address for their tax billing address.

glistenss
Rating
Those are all public files. Your city's website should provide you with all of that information.

If not, contact the city by phone. Although, chances are you could find everything you need on the web.

Best of luck!

RU Quazee
Rating
I guess you got a lawsuit going?
If they don't own the house, you can still sue, but likely won't see any money as they won't have homeowner's insurance.
Google your county tax assessors office, they will have data on who owns the property, search by name, street name or map.

Italian Stallion
Rating
go to your county web site

go to the tax records link

type in the address and the name of the taxpayers will come up

or

you can type in the persons name and they're possessions that they pay taxes on will come up so if they own that house then their name should show up

LasVegasMomma
Rating
Tax records will show who the owner is. Most places have this information on the internet now so you probably won't even have to go to your local county office. Good Luck!

wizjp
Rating
Clerk of court or county tax assessors office

jlf
The house ownership has nothing to do with you getting paid.

carmlboy
Rating
type in people search on either google or yahoo and it will bring up atleast 4 top seach sites and it will cost less than $10 to seach someone's background and you can see most of their info. hope this helps

fallibledragon
Rating
I would have thought you could (and must) just sue her for it, if you really want the compensation that badly.

But you should be able to find this out from the same organisation that grants planning permission to build on a property, etc. At least, that's how it works in the UK. The "Land and Grants Office" is springing to mind for some reason. Maybe that's the appropriate US department, but I'm not (at all) sure about the name.

let me loose
the dog belongs to the woman therefore the dog is her responsibility anything her dog does she is the one liable for it. it should not legally matter if she owns the properrty or if she even lives ther her dog bite your daughter she has to pay. if she was a real woman she would have already offered to pay. what goes around comes around so never you mind she and he dog will get their comupance. also legally as her dog attacked and bite your daughter it should have been put down because it poses a fright to both the children and adults in the community.

kluelesskidd
Rating
bite the dog back, then go burglaring

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

Is it legal to kill raccons?
I've just seen some pictures (on myspace) of some kids who killed a raccoon basically ripping apart it's head along with messing with it's brain and lungs (some of them were blowing ...

I was called for a interview, but I need to know if you have a felony that is 15 years old, will you hire me.?
I was charged with welfare fraud back in 1992, and I did my probation and completed every thing and have not been in any trouble since then....

Why is "under god" in the pledge of allegience?
every now and then at school we do the pledge of allegience. im the only one in the whole class who does not stand up. the teacher then starts asking me why im not doing it and tells me to do it and ...

Whats it called when a man lives off the prison system? doesn't comit bad crimes but ones that score jail time
one who doesn't want to get a real job or real work and just use the system as an escape. whats that called?...

When should a father stop paying child support , when his son or daughter turn 18 or when the courts say so?

What exactly is "reverse racism?"?
Why is it called "reverse racism" when people hate or discriminate against whites people. Isn't hating another race simply racism regardless of what race the haters or the hated are?...

If my finger prints were taken, will they always be on file?
My fingerprints were taken as a stalker victim, with several damaged properties of mine. I know they wanted to know if I was doing it to myself for attention (good lord). Anyways, are my finger ...

Is the death penalty considered cruel and nusual punishment under the U.S. constitution?

Does your Social Security No. have your age in it?
Does your SSN have your age in it?...

Do you think that cigarette smokers should be allowed to smoke in public areas?
Tell me what you think!
Additional Details
Okay, would some one who actually is a REAL deal cigarette train like to answer my question? OBVIOUSLY smoking out side makes sense to you non- ...

DO u know of any muslim legal and illegal migrant without car tax, MOT and driving licence driving?
driving in the uk like his ****ing father owned the place and even after reporting to the police they will not get caught and if they do are not jailed?The police have been told secretly to let the ...

I have an 18 year old daughter in jail for fighting with boy friend dont have money to get her out need help?
The boyfriend was trying to help get her out of jail but the bail bonds person he gave me was a scam that took the money and ran is there anyone who can tell me how to get some kind of help to get ...

Should marjiuna be legalized?

Why should rapist be punished?
I know they did deserve it but two wrongs don't make a right.
Additional Details
You all are not undrestand the question. Of course I will want to punish a rapist what you think I ...

Why hate Heather Mills McCartney for telling us the truth?
Heather Mills McCartney is not mad she is merely highlighting what can happen to any woman who divorces someone with enough money and connections to turn a divorce into a nightmare from Dante's I...

What are the Consequences of blackmail?
i want to know what the Consequences of blackmail are because this person is threatening me with it and i want to know how much trouble they will get ...

Traffic Violation? Honest Response?
Check this out: I recieved a ticket in the mail from the new camera systems operating at the traffic intersections. It took pictures of my car running a red light. I did not remember running a red ...

What has been the worst atrocity committed by man - ever?
Some people believe that the Hitler's "final solution" was bad, some believe Stalin's purges were evil, some suggest that salvery was the worst; but what do you think?...

Are you for capital punishment or not?
This is just a survey......

Should the drinking age be lowered to 18?
I'm doing an essay in English about why the drinking age should be lowered to 18. Also, have any of you ever done something because you knew you WEREN'T supposed to do it? I need answers to ...

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Saturday, December 20, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links