Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Law & Ethics

How can i get back at my neighbor legally?
Find answers to your legal question.

How can i get back at my neighbor legally?

Ok for the past 2 years now i have been having problems with my neighbor and this week he has done pushed me. so far in the last 2 years he has attempted to kill my dogs multiple times, tried to destroy my property(my fence, electric meter and 2 of my vehicles) and always verbally assaults me and im sick of it and every time i called the cops threes nothing they can do, the only thing they have done is trespass him off of my property. So i am looking for some advice on how i can LEGALLY get him back any legal or physical advise as long as it isn't a felony charge i don't care i need help.

Katie K
Rating
I doubt there's really a legal way to get him back. The only thing you can do is lay charges against him. I think the reason the police aren't doing anything about it is because of lack of proof and just your word against his. If you get proof, like video-taping his actions or maybe finding a witness who will testify with you, then you could get him charged. If you get proof that he's been trying to hurt your dog, you can get animal cruelty laws on him too. Maybe put a surveillance camera in your yard. Hopefully you'll get your proof before he does anything else to your dog or property. Good luck.

$andman
videotape the crimes

DC
Rating
Post them on these sites

Gray Wanderer
Document the activities, keep having him trespassed, Sooner or later the police will take him in for habitual criminal activities.

DeepJedi
Rating
Police need evidence to convict so the video recording suggestion is good advice.
You could also try putting up a fake surveillance camera (assuming you can't afford a genuine one); this may dissuade your neighbour from committing crimes on your property.
You could also try the Abe Lincoln method of destroying enemies - befriend him. This is extremely difficult, not because making friends of such people is difficult per se but because it requires an enormous amount of self-discipline and willpower. If this method is to be attempted, try to think what started the trouble. If it was because of something he accused you of, admit to it (even if you were innocent), apologise, and buy him a peace offering. He may continue to fight you because this response from you is likely to come as a complete shock to him; but persist, and smile warmly and genuinely through all your dealings with him. Put a good word around for him. Offer a helping hand whenever possible.
You might want to try to use those closest to him to help you e.g. by asking them if they would help you to repair the relationship; buy *their* help with niceties too if needed.

If you can do it, you'll be a giant among men; and in the meantime, keep your cell-phone handy to catch a record of his bad behaviour!

editor@bcdisabilities.com
Money is the one language most of us understand. Make 'em pay for what they've done. Get thee to a civil litigator with experience suing over property torts, i.e. trespass, interference with chattels, etc. Hurry up as limitation statutes preclude lawsuits over incidents usually more than about two years past.

Before you visit mouthpiece, put pen to paper and list each incident the last two years - who, what, where, when, why, how much $$ it cost to repair plus any receipts, witnesses and so on. Bring it to mouthpiece.

You will then have the fun of serving or witnessing service on your neighbor with your hefty statement of claim/prayer for relief for each misdeed. Enjoy!

Wanted dead or alive
Rating
For some reason I'm under the impression that he doesn't like your dogs...Mmmm, are they barking at three o'clock in the morning? If not, make sure your neighbors are on your side when you call the police. If he tresspasses on your property tape record his yelling and threats. When he is on your property yelling and you are in fear of your safety, mace his ugly ***! note: It's always better to try to get along with your neighbor even if you don't like their behavior towards you. revenge may come back to bite you.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

In Australia, is it legal for a child to live by his or her self?
for a story..
plz and ty
?...

What is the legal age to own,buy and shoot a BB gun in IL?
also are lockpicks illegal in IL? thanks

link would be nice :]...

What happened to Erv Dauphin, who worked undercover for federal investigators in Minneapolis in 1980's?
Ticket fixing for friends?...

Is there a way to be a judge first without becoming a lawyer in malaysia or singapore ?
my ambition is to become a judge....then i found out that i'll have to be lawyer first..however i'm still thinking whether the is way to be a judge or a magistret ...

Some help on finding the right lawyer for certain topics?
I would like to ask some questions on permits, non profits, copyrights, trademarks, and so on.

Do I have to go to lawyers who specialize in areas or do I just go to a lawyer and they know ...

How to stop a wage garnishment on child support?
I owe back child support and my employer has been served on me a wage garnishment that will make it impossible for me to live. I don't dispute that I owe back support, but the amount they have ...

What is the difference between a crime and an act of war?
So many people are calling for Obama to send in the Navy to rescue the captured American captain which pirates are holding hostage in a foreign country's (Somalia) territorial waters.
The N...

How can you file for divorce by your self? In Houston Texas.?
I want to get divorce and have no money so i want to do it my self. My husband wont give me the divorce....

Can you help with childsupport laws for men?
like when your on ssi and they take half of it how do you live off so little
Additional Details
im man and she trying to take all of my money.can someone ...

If you buy an EDITED cd at a store, and they swear and say F*CK in the song, can you sue?
?
Additional Details
and AW its a question, doesn't mean im gonna sue them? <3 but we can pretend?...

Got fired and denied benifits going to trial how do i win?
i got fired for not ringing in a drink.. i understand what i did wrong but the marriott has very strict policies that you cant just get fired without written warnings first. they fired me on the spot ...

What is illegal from the interview to ask about my girlfriend's ability to work with me?
My girlfriend is applying to work in the same office as me. It was known that she is my girlfriend and the interviewer asked her if she would be able to work in the same office as me. Was that an ...

Should schools be able to regulate off-campus cyberbullying?
I am writing a research paper for my intro to law class and am leaning towards that schools shouldn't be able....if you have any information or reasoning for this topic, please share :) I ...

Is it immoral to be rich if you've earned your wealth? If so, should there be a punishment for being wealthy?

Additional Details
Wow, Blue. Defensive about tax and spend, aren't we? I didn't even mention taxes.

Do you have an answer to the questions asked?...

What would happen if we reported it to the police?
My bestfriend has been in an abusive relationship for about a year now. I've been begging her, pleading with her to break up with him and get her life back together but she's always been to ...

What can happen after being charged before a trial or being convicted?
Domestic affair, 4 charges, what should I expect?...

Question about a person invloved in court?
what do you call the person in court that questions and defends the victims?...

AP Gov question: What is Reinforcing cleavage? What is cross cutting cleavage?
What is an example of each?...

For purely secular reasons, why is marriage only between a man and woman?

Additional Details
Infertile and post-menopausal women cannot procreate either....

A Question about life-sized cardboard cut outs...?
Do you need a person's permission to get a life-sized cardboard cut out of them made? Or could you just waltz in with anyone's photo and presto! they're standing in your bedroom?...

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Tuesday, September 2, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links